Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Post your favourite direct-to-video/dvd and B-movies.

Some that I like include:

This is a pretty good action movie. Good fight scenes.

Same as above; good fight scenes and actually tries to be a little bit more creative with its themes and presentation than most action movies. Sort of a noir action movie. Van Damme played the hero in every previous Universal Soldier movie; in this one he's playing the same character but now he's the villain. He even acts and everything.

And this one has Ron Perlman knife-fighting a mutated baboon, which is good enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Any of the UNDISPUTED sequels, particularly part 3. Usually, if you see the name Isaac Florentine on something then you're all set.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Entered thread to mention Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, and was beaten to it by the OP. I really need to see Regeneration one of these days!

For early Van Damme, I have nothing but love for Hard Target (when John Woo was still on a hot streak) and Bloodsport.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

For early Van Damme, I have nothing but love for Hard Target (when John Woo was still on a hot streak) and Bloodsport.

:D

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I have a genuine, unashamed love for the Puppet Master series. They're pretty much peak cheapjack horror, with poor writing and even worse acting, but the various puppet designs and effects are lots of fun. The best of the series would be easily part 3, which is sort of a semi origin story, having the puppets fight nazis, a well they would return to recently.

• Locked thread