Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Houston won Major's first game and Ed Oliver is a god :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm probably about as happy as I've ever been with a day of college football where my team disappointed the living poo poo out of me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DrunkPanda posted:

News: Baker Mayfield plants flag on OSU field

Views: Baker Mayfield just became my favorite college football player

Herbstreit complaining about that on Sportcenter was hilarious. He was making excuses for Mayfield when they first asked him what he thought about it but he got around to calling it disrespectful by the end of his answer.

guess what Herbie, if you don't want the other team to plant their flag on your field, your team shouldn't lose the drat football game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane's season is over. Jonathan Banks, their only QB that can throw was injured by a dirty Navy team. Insult to injury, a lot of the defense will graduate after this season so they likely won't have as high of potential next season as they did this. Having Navy in your conference stinks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State looked good. Two touchdowns over a (admittedly good) MAC team doesn't seem too convincing, but the defense actually pitched a shutout. Western had one guy get a strip fumble return for a touchdown and later he returned a kick all the way, and that was their entire scoring total. The running game was vastly improved as well.

lol Rutgers, lol Notre Dame. Hail wheez

I'm not going to be around next Saturday and I'm okay with that because the schedule looks like total rear end. Seeing a washed up Bad Brains at Riot Fest can't be any worse.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

DC Murderverse posted:

Herbstreit complaining about that on Sportcenter was hilarious. He was making excuses for Mayfield when they first asked him what he thought about it but he got around to calling it disrespectful by the end of his answer.

guess what Herbie, if you don't want the other team to plant their flag on your field, your team shouldn't lose the drat football game.

Best line I saw on Twitter: "if you don't like people posting strange flags on your field, maybe don't call your city Columbus."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/brianpickett/status/906761987392188417

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DC Murderverse posted:

Just watched a clip of Brian Kelly's post-game interview, it's filled with some of the most sour grapes, I love it.

God I hope that rear end in a top hat gets fired this year.

link plz I need to watch ND tears

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

hifi posted:

thats gotta be about it for todd graham

Yes, please. Offense was poo poo. Defense was poo poo. Special teams was poo poo. Clock management was poo poo. It was embarrassing in all phases of the game down to the corner of the stadium full of Aztecs out cheering the rest of the mostly empty, but thoroughly sad Sun Devil Stadium. The schedule gets much more difficult from here (excepting maybe the cripple fight with Arizona at the end). ASU isn't going to see another win for a long time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:swoon: Penny :swoon:

https://twitter.com/SD_Sports19/status/906718876414623745
https://twitter.com/Aztec_Football/status/906725403724726272
https://twitter.com/Aztec_Football/status/906749845125210112

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I'm not saying that you shouldn't enjoy this, but ASU fielded the worst defense in college football the previous 2 seasons and they might've gotten worse. Don't get your expectations too crazy. Actual football players might tackle him in future games.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

kicked BC in the loving dick over and over and over

Yo after the second or third pick it looked like Addazio was gonna cry. LMAO.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That was a pretty disappointing loss by Arizona. I mean I had this as an L in my head already last week, a team with one of one of the better defensive lines in football and like just a monster in Ed Oliver, you knew that Arizona wasn't going to be able to run that effectively, which is there entire game, and the defense couldn't contain NAU so like the prospects for this game were really bleak.

But drat the defense held it together for the most part. They stood up really well to Houston's run and although the passing defense was still frightening, Houston played a pretty conservative game and the D held up enough to give the team a chance to win.

gently caress, though, the QB situation is loving dire. And it really creates a conundrum. Richrod called a good offensive game, he generally made the right play call and in key situations Arizona usually had receivers open.

But Dawkins just couldn't hit the passes, or even come close to hitting the passes when they mattered. Yes, by percentages, he does a decent job, but in any sort of pressure situation, the ball is five feet above the receivers head, a foot past him, or thrown at his knees, and his mechanics devolved fulling into poo poo. I really like Dawkins a lot, he's an entertaining, nice dude. And if it's a game where Arizona can keep the ball on the ground, he can be effective because he runs great and is pretty durable. And I don't like that the crowd booed him. But I mean I understand because he just can't make the tough pass. So like, it starts to get mystifying as to why he is getting the nod on a night like this when Arizona is going to have to pass.

I get that Tate is young and makes mistakes, but the only time that the Arizona passing game has looked competent in two years is when he's on the field. Some people are saying that he was hurt, and just couldn't go, and maybe shouldn't have been out there the plays that he was. But I mean while I laughed at the idea of Rhett Rodriguez playing last week, everyone smart whose stuff I've read or who I've spoken to say that he's a real athlete who can handle at least basic college level passing. But the talk also is Rich doesn't want to play him out of perceived favoritism. But drat, when you have a guy who can't hit basic routes and wide open receivers, like, I'm willing to take a look at a guy who can allegedly do those things, even if he's the coach's son.

And like this is it, even though I think Arizona's future coaching hire prospects aren't that bright, it doesn't matter what I think, the reality is that they're going to move on from Rodriguez if he doesn't have a winning season this year. And they left a win on the field today where the defense played well enough and the offensive play calling was correct but the coach decided to play a guy who can't hit a guy 5 yards ahead of him who's wide open, either because he doesn't have a guy like that due to recruiting, or he has guys like that who he won't play for some reason.

Very frustrating. Way more frustrating than I thought I'd ever be this season where I predicted Arizona to be a 2-4 win team.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 10, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State looked good. Two touchdowns over a (admittedly good) MAC team doesn't seem too convincing, but the defense actually pitched a shutout. Western had one guy get a strip fumble return for a touchdown and later he returned a kick all the way, and that was their entire scoring total. The running game was vastly improved as well.

lol Rutgers, lol Notre Dame. Hail wheez

I'm not going to be around next Saturday and I'm okay with that because the schedule looks like total rear end. Seeing a washed up Bad Brains at Riot Fest can't be any worse.

If we stop tripping on our own dick and playing against ourselves, we could go bowling!

Crescent_Fresh
Aug 27, 2017

Seagulls took my sister.
They took her.
I went to bed too soon and missed the Mayfield flag plant, which is quite possibly the greatest moment is college football history. Screw Ohio State.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I enjoyed the parts where Penn State won, Ohio State lost, and Pitt died forever

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

corn in the bible posted:

They're playing Duke next week and it's going to be beautiful. These people lost to Liberty University

Hey now, Liberty has a long-standing tradition of producing quality NFL talent like....uh.....Samkon Gado?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa won the type of Cy Hawk game it seemingly always loses and I made lots of money betting on late night PAC-12 games, yesterday was dope.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
So the Washington State game ended with the team up by 21 in the fourth quarter giving up a pick six and a punt return fumble ending up in the tying score and losing in overtime. Well that's a pretty impressive way to coug it I guess...

...Wait, you mean it was Wazzu that won that game? What madness is this!? :psyboom:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

GobiasIndustries posted:

link plz I need to watch ND tears

https://twitter.com/angdicarlowndu/status/906752606625824768

There it is.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 10, 2017

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Enjoy the Aggie football experience, fellow kids

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/906636278019641344

https://twitter.com/stringsays/status/906675334535401473

https://twitter.com/AggieDjMike/status/906678164935634944

Elotana fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 10, 2017

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Ed Oliver will be great as long as he can stay alive off the field. I've seen him riding a dirt bike on 45 multiple times with no gear or anything on.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/oldarmyfight/status/906646941982961666

https://twitter.com/AggieDjMike/status/906649823872512005

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DJ mike is the only good thing about aggie students

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Well, with the FSU-UM game now pushed back I guess I have to wait a little longer for the LEGEND OF JAMES BLACKMAN to begin.

Also lol for-loving-ever at that Brian Kelly clip.

:) How is this different from last year?
:argh: I go to work and I do my job!
:stare: Well then.
:argh: It's not going to snowball!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
so DJ Mike is definitely the pool guy Sumlin got fired, back for revenge

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Jonathan Taylor is the real deal.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M won a close game against a worthy, evenly matched opponent :downs:

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers looked like utter poo poo against Eastern Michigan, losing 16-13. The Rutgers QB, Kyle Bolin, isn't very good, and it's a bad sign if he's the best they have. At this point, they should play the freshman (John Lewis.)

Not an inspiring performance. gently caress rebuilds suck.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kim Jong Il posted:

Rutgers looked like utter poo poo.

Well call me surprised!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

JonathonSpectre posted:

Well, with the FSU-UM game now pushed back I guess I have to wait a little longer for the LEGEND OF JAMES BLACKMAN to begin.

I am psyched tbh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Rutgers game had the funniest ending of the entire day. They were driving down the field to take the lead and threw what should've been a pick-six, but the defender got tackled at like the 5-yard-line. Then Eastern hosed up and went backward before getting a kick blocked. Rutgers got in field goal range but then committed an illegal hands to the face to knock them out of it, and then the QB got sacked trying to throw the ball away and time expired.

Still not as good as the fourth down spike against MSU two years ago but it was great.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

so DJ Mike is definitely the pool guy Sumlin got fired, back for revenge

Not an empty-quote

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm so glad Ohio State lost, just go the gently caress away already nobody likes you and you're always there every goddamn year :mad:

Washington pitched a shutout defensively so that's promising but uh yeah USC might be the real deal and that's unfortunate.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Not to defend Brian Kelly, who is clearly being an rear end in a top hat here, but that is a terrible question.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Democratic Pirate posted:

A&M won a close game against a worthy, evenly matched opponent :downs:
Completely at a loss as to why we burned Mond's shirt this year. Maybe Sumlin refused to learn his lesson and promised the dual-threat fish playing time?

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Manoueverable posted:

I'm so glad Ohio State lost, just go the gently caress away already nobody likes you and you're always there every goddamn year :mad:

Washington pitched a shutout defensively so that's promising but uh yeah USC might be the real deal and that's unfortunate.

We'll, at least UW won't have to play USC outside of a potential p12 championship match up.

So the Beavs are easily the bottom team in the conference right now. Who is #2? I'd say one of the desert schools- probably ASU.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Obligatory Go Cougs.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not to defend Brian Kelly, who is clearly being an rear end in a top hat here, but that is a terrible question.

Agreed. Reminds me of that abrupt answer given by Bo Pelini as he jogged off the field that time:

https://youtu.be/4WnYK6MuQ9o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky won but it wasn't pretty, especially in the first half. EKU was moving pretty easily on a defense that appeared to the strength of the team after the Southern Miss game. They shored up in the second half though, holding EKU to 3 points.

Offensively they looked disjointed starting out, but Benny Snell was out most of the half after a hit to the ribs, and the O line was a revolving door due to continuous minor injuries. It was hard to get in rhythm. Then the coaches decided to give Drew Barker a couple series at QB, apparently a predetermined decision going into the game. Whatever QB controversy there was ended today. Barker went 1-2 and got sacked twice, going 3 and out on both series. Stephen Johnson came back in and lead the team on a long TD drive to get within 3 then a drive that resulted in a missed FG that would have tied it at half. He played well in the second half too, including a scramble off a broken play that went all the way to the end zone.

People were clamouring for Barker all off season, but I never understood why. I'm sure it's because he came in with so much hype and is from Kentucky, but he's 1-3 as a starter and only lived up to his hype for one half against Southern Miss last year. Johnson is now 8-4 as a starter, and 10-4 as the primary QB for most of the game. He's not going to put up flashy numbers, but you don't need to when you've got running backs like Boom Williams and Benny Snell, and now Benny and Sihiem King. Maybe people just still expect the air raid, but I think it's nice to see Kentucky is showing it can win with a ground attack too.

After what I've seen after 2 games, it's going to be very difficult going down to Columbia to face South Carolina next week.

A Kentucky WR was ejected after throwing a block. One of the replay angles pretty clearly showed it as shoulder to shoulder contact. The intent of the rule is good but enforcement us so inconsistent.

• Locked thread