Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winsanity
May 14, 2015

Space magic is the best magic
I feel uncomfortable seeing Stoops in normal clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Winsanity posted:

I feel uncomfortable seeing Stoops in normal clothes

Bob Stoops is gonna leave his stoop

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

D.N. Nation posted:

The one playcall that everyone's making GBS threads on Chaney over (the quick FB handoff on 3rd and 2 with a couple minutes left) was vintage Bobo, admittedly. I've always thought that play was clever. But: you've got Chubb and Michel (and Swift) and you'e giving it to Christian Payne with the game in the balance, ehhhhh

It was more questionable due to the repetition. They gave it to Payne (great fullback name) a few times earlier and he easily got what he needed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/906718911508488194

Fun bad, MY COLUMN >>>

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

the spirit of wheez lives on...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Terry Godwin made 2 catches like this last night:

https://twitter.com/courtneywesh2/status/906683165393260544

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

iospace posted:

Well call me surprised!

It was, since they looked respectable against a top 5 team the week before.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

mastershakeman posted:

who's that? I've only seen a few minutes of actual gameplay

Isaiah Gay. DE. Other starting DE is also a true freshman. Roundtree.

We've played 17 true freshman, and maybe seven are starting. Including four linemen.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/mareevs/status/906958763600605185

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

TipTow posted:

Spent what felt like forever looking for a Goddamn Yuengling (I know they're poo poo, but they don't have them in Oklahoma, forbidden fruit/when in Rome etc.) Finally found one at a place called The Big Bar right across from the Union. Bar sucked and was full of lovely people, but I got my lovely beer so hey, whatever.

Does The Mont not have them anymore? Cool report by the way. My wife and I circled this game as one to attend back when it was announced, but couldn’t attend since we moved to Stockholm. I’m pretty jealous tbh.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

This is how I feel about Oregon. God drat I hate Oregon

Thanks for the DC :)

Jordanis posted:

Willie Taggart found out what happens when you take your goddamn foot off the gas without losing, so I guess that's a plus.

Scoring no points in the second half while giving up 21 and still winning sure was something. Hopefully Willie learned some lessons as far as play calling goes.

Poor Beavs, they have Anderson in contact through 2021 lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
AP Top 25

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Southern California
5. Penn State
6. Washington
7. Michigan
8. Ohio State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Wisconsin
11. Florida State
12. LSU
13. Georgia
14. Louisville
15. Auburn
16. Virginia Tech
17. Miami (FL)
18. Kansas State
19. Stanford
20. TCU
21. Washington State
22. South Florida
23. Tennessee
24. Florida
25. UCLA

Coaches Poll

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Southern California
5. Penn State
6. Washington
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma State
9. Ohio State
10. Florida State
11. LSU
12. Wisconsin
13. Georgia
14. Louisville
15. Miami (FL)
16. Virginia Tech
17. Auburn
18. Kansas State
19. Stanford
20. TCU
21. South Florida
22. Washington State
23. Tennessee
24. Utah
25. Florida

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Eifert Posting posted:

The rest of the country doesn't seem to get this but the South really hates shorts

This is some kind of bad misinformation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Jorts are still pretty big on the rural south.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

dphi posted:

Thanks for the DC :)

Scoring no points in the second half while giving up 21 and still winning sure was something. Hopefully Willie learned some lessons as far as play calling goes.

Poor Beavs, they have Anderson in contact through 2021 lol

Hopefully. I liked how the defense just kept coming back out angry, though. I haven't seen that kind of energetic play from an Oregon defense in years. Year three of this defense is going to be a monster.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Jorts are still pretty big on the rural south.

That's just because of the biscuits and gravy

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Sitting in the ATL airport wearing a Clemson t-shirt and ppl are coming up to me telling me great game. It's nice to finally have my contribution recognized.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darrell Rovell is a living Brand Awareness Campaign

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's amazing to me how anti-fun old people are about football.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

It's amazing to me how anti-fun old people are about football.

have you ever met a B1G fan over the age of 35

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

have you ever met a B1G fan over the age of 35

My mom is one but she's cool with that stuff

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Then again she's an alumni so she was in the trenches of the student section back in the day

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Kim Jong Il posted:

It was, since they looked respectable against a top 5 team the week before.
No, that was Washington shaking the rust off

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Bert's got a pretty substantial buy-out PLUS then they'd have to find a good coach for less money.

Sumlin's buyout is even more ridiculous; it has to be paid out within something like 60-90 days.

I doubt Arkansas will have trouble getting the money together, it's not like they're still paying Bobby P and H. Dale Nutt. As for how hot his seat is, I can't really judge since I've been against him from day one. I will say it's not really the record that is getting people down (which should, because Jesus Christ it's bad) but it's the way they're losing...blowing huge leads. Building the team to run and then not being able to run. Giving up a a few hundred yards of rushing a game. His stupid loving face. Etc.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

tactlessbastard posted:

I doubt Arkansas will have trouble getting the money together, it's not like they're still paying Bobby P and H. Dale Nutt. As for how hot his seat is, I can't really judge since I've been against him from day one. I will say it's not really the record that is getting people down (which should, because Jesus Christ it's bad) but it's the way they're losing...blowing huge leads. Building the team to run and then not being able to run. Giving up a a few hundred yards of rushing a game. His stupid loving face. Etc.

I always assumed he was hired to produce what is produced at Wisconsin. Namely, remarkably consistent and successful teams, although not super-great teams. Sorry Georgia fans, but I was really thinking of the "Georgia of the SEC West" kind of results.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice won a conference game!

Against a terrible UTEP team, but still.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

I always assumed he was hired to produce what is produced at Wisconsin. Namely, remarkably consistent and successful teams, although not super-great teams. Sorry Georgia fans, but I was really thinking of the "Georgia of the SEC West" kind of results.

I mean he regularly won 10-11 games at Wisconsin.

The SEC West is hard of course, but he's stuck in just barely making a bowl mode ever since he's been at Arkansas.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
It's not just about being able to cover a buy-out but also about having the money to hire a new coach AND hoping he'll deliver better results. Throwing bad money after bad money is a risk with some of these buyouts.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou fired Demontie Cross. It's something, I guess.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I enjoyed wearing jorts. They are comfortable as gently caress to wear.

Fashion police go gently caress yourselves.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Jorts aren't comfortable. They pale in comparison to khaki shorts.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Ohio State looked bad but Urbz usually turns to Satan after a loss so we will probably run a train on the rest of the Big Ten or whatever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou fired Demontie Cross. It's something, I guess.

Oh hey.

Like...you should have done that in the offseason since there was plenty of evidence it had to happen, but I'll take it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I'm wearing shorts for comfort I'm wearing gym shorts.

Anything heavier than that is for looks, not comfort.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State played like poo poo because the QB was jittery all game and never really calmed down, and still won by 19. Bonus points to see a real defensive safety, not some high snap over the punter's head bullshit. Penn State is a 38 point favorite against Georgia State. Just need to get through it healthy and focus on Iowa in two weeks.

Rad Valtar posted:

Ohio State looked bad but Urbz usually turns to Satan after a loss so we will probably run a train on the rest of the Big Ten or whatever.

Perhaps the silver lining for you is that Meyer will make a change at QB. Probably not, though.

Komet fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 11, 2017

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Komet posted:

Penn State played like poo poo because the QB was jittery all game and never really calmed down, and still won by 19. Bonus points to see a real defensive safety, not some high snap over the punter's head bullshit. Penn State is a 38 point favorite against Georgia State. Just need to get through it healthy and focus on Iowa in two weeks.

Perhaps the silver lining for you is that Meyer will make a change at QB. Probably not, though.

His response was no and no. Its a little early to make a snap judgement like that I think. If the offense is still this bad in a few weeks then yes I would think about it.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

His response was no and no. Its a little early to make a snap judgement like that I think. If the offense is still this bad in a few weeks then yes I would think about it.

Well, OSU has at least three, but maybe five bad teams in a row to sort things out.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So Notre Dame finished the game with 55 total rushing yards, and Wimbush had a grand total of 1 yard rushing. Last week he had about 100. I think our run D will be really great, and our defense in general will keep us in a lot of games we have no business of winning, even if our offense decides to keep giving up 120+ yards in penalties

E: and this was probably a beautiful sight for UGA going into the 4th:
https://twitter.com/abbyjessen/status/906709065845407744

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 11, 2017

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Komet posted:

Agreeing with all of this. It was fun to be there, but in hindsight we looked like a garbage team given how badly Pitt was playing. As soon as they switched QBs they were actually able to make progress against PSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

I enjoyed wearing jorts. They are comfortable as gently caress to wear.

Fashion police go gently caress yourselves.

Jorts are neither comfortable nor fashionable. They are an abomination.

I cut off a couple ragged pair of mountain khakis into short shorts for casual summertime fuckery and that's as close as I'll get to 'jorts'.

• Locked thread