Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
2.5/5 stars but as usual every scene with Randy is p much flawless. My mom and brother love HGTV and I cannot tell the difference between any of the shows.

Waving the flag was always funny.

For me, Cartman & Heidi scenes weren't funny and just a massive bummer because Cartman perfectly captures "whiny bitch blames everything on his girlfriend" and I just derive no joy in watching depictions of Cartman gaslighting an innocent girl to go play with his toys. It's totally old school Cartman but just incredibly unappealing to watch. Cartman bs other assholes is funny because everyone gets what they deserve, Cartman ruining innocent lives is garbage tier TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Tweak x Craig is tied with Butter's Bottom Bitch and Eric vs Scott Tenorman as my most watched episodes so I am loving stoked for this week.

The use of music in Tweak x Craig is like award winning musical scoring.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it's kind of amazing that these guys are just one award away from a full EGOT but only got there on the backs of killing a little boy while Isaac Hayes sang about his dick for like 10 years.

My favorite Trey & Matt moment is an interview where they talks about when Book of Mormon was up against Spider-Man for a Grammy and he was like "gently caress first Phil Collins takes my Oscar for best soundtrack and now I'm gonna lose my Grammy to Bono, ugh, this is what happens when you let rockers into the THEATRE!"

edit: for correct white guy

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 21, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
@4REALPRESIDENT

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The first Cartman rap was Disney channel kidz bop bullshit, but the second one is funny because while it is much better overall, that's because they lift the rhyme scheme from Eminem almost beat for beat. They literally probably hired a ghostwriter to write a Cartman song in Eminem's style, the style proven again and again to make any white guy anywhere sound confident and tuff.

Like really as a musician, the second rap is dope and made even doper by how lame the first one was.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

10 years ago, Randy would have shook off the DNA people and gotten himself hosed in the rear end.

I read this and was like "Nah", then I looked up season 10 and was like "Oh yup actually"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like Adam Ruins Everything is the same kind of humor as John Oliver but I find John Oliver charming and likable so that's where I get my smartypants with research humor

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im much less enamored with the themes of this season but i think the little detail gags are keeping me watching, like the circuit city sign or the way Corporate Chaos wrapped every desk in tinfoil

maybe the internet has broken me but the zuckerberg thing was like, silly on its own, but i spent the ENTIRE episode going "what reference am i not getting here?" and almost paused it it to google zuck and then stopped myself when I realized I couldn't own myself that hard.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but a big part of the gag was the way he was obviously imagining everyone around him
Getting NG tossed aside by psychic powers and blowing up their cars and stuff, he’s clearly just a massive goon who acts just like Cartman in the Fishsticks episode when he’s fighting the jewbots

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Taco-Flavored Kisses or whatever it’s called is great, but that was the heyday where it felt like every episode for like 3 seasons was just making fun of celebrities, but the idea that Ben Affleck would have sex with a 10 year olds hand just flew totally under the radar and I don’t remember anyone giving a poo poo about how they were portrayed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ha ha, my 3 year strategy of totally ignoring Stick of Truth so that I’ll really love The Fractured... but Whole was the correct move!

The complaint that turned me off the most was the “healing items are overly plentiful” so I do hope that has been addressed

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah Tweak vs. Craig was my favorite episode of the last 4-5 years and a big part of it was the sheer volume of drawings and artwork in that episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6HW8jO_U

This is the second song playing during the Prison/Old People scene.

I was really into this dude for like a month and then spent $15 to go see him at a bar for the luls and he spent fewer minutes on stage than dollars I spent to get in. He Milli-Vanillied 2 of his songs, then did some fake coke out a plant in the crowd on stage and left and the crowd (Philly) got angry and weird basically immediately.

I'm so stoked they used this song for an episode of South Park

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This episode rules but mostly because it’s laying the groundwork for Heidi to become a Cartman-like and then Cartman will ACTUALLY be trapped in a relationship with himself and that sounds like the 10th circle of hell

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the Nathan//Mimsy episodes fall flat for me, and Heidi turning around into Cartman is kind of funny... but where are they going with this? I’m not one of those people who think rape is too sensitive to be funny, but Nathan getting raped at camp by fish or whatever never seemed funny in the same way Sea Monkeys was funny

Like at this point I see “Heidi kills Cartman and literally assumes his role moving forward” as plausible as anything else.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Scott Tenorman must die is so timeless because it isn’t about anything. It’s literally just a story set entirely in the town and told with just characters that we know from said town, behaving normally.

These episodes are harder and harder to write the longer the show goes on, but there’s a reason they really seem to hold their impact down the road.

Scott Tenorman Must Die blew my mind so hard as a lad I think my brain made a sound as my mind was being blown.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goons brains literally melting at the concept of exchanging presents at X-Mas time ITT

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s his girlfriends way of saying “I got you exactly what you wanted, you have to get me exactly what I want”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Didn’t Imagination Land win an Emmy anyways?

The South Park movie wasn’t topical as much as it was simply a direct criticism of South Park’s detractors. The movie is about censorship, because South Park was probably the most censored show on TV for a couple years.

Honestly South Park is probably a big part of the relaxation of TV standards.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We only have 2-3 left right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can’t tell if that’s where this is leading or not. The suggestion that Terrence & Phillip are old and run down and the show just isn’t funny anymore because they grew up is a stand in for Matt & Trey seems too on the nose and I could EASILY see them just nuke South Park and put up a big “Everyone Died, The End” title card.

LoL and also tears at the idea that South Park will die with not a bang, but a creaky wet fart

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually the ending of South Park being Cartman saving the world from Kyle is kind of amazing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Jersey episode is very funny

“I drank heavily and punched a lotta bitches in the face”

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 1, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s not really true. Rick & Morty features the main character making GBS threads himself sloppily and covering a room in diarrhea, South Park isn’t even on the cutting edges of grossing people out and haven’t been for years

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Netflix comedy specials are so loving toothless compared to early 2000’s Comedy Central stand-up. I’m rarely the type of person who pines for dead artists but why did Greg Giraldo and Mitch Hedburg both have to OD and Dmitri Martin is on like his 3rd show?

Norm MacDonald still being alive is probably my last Jenga block, when he croaks nothing will ever be funny again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah, that's cool. Took them long enough. I see they are releasing all the previously unreleased on blu ray stuff on the same day this month. That's kinda odd. Usually that sort of thing gets staggered to encourage people to pick things up as they come out.

Physical Media is dying in 1st world countries and the window where African scrap merchants are selling blu-ray players on the street for rice will only be a year or two at most, and on top of that releasing physical media of 20 year old cartoons is basically just for the people who are gonna buy all of them eventually.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah this is probably the very least cohesive season we’ve ever had.

It fell extra flat because I feel like “The Need For Victimization” has actually been the chief South Park sub-theme for like 10 years, so an entire season of soft balling that concept just fell super flat.

I’m a die hard South Park apologist and I can’t think of an episode of this season I’d watch again in a hurry.

Maybe the one where Tweak and Craig are focused on. They are amazing and their little story brings me joy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
South Park’s character bloat is intense and While I do like gruff Irish Cop, I miss barbrady a lot

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As utterly hosed up and gross as it would have been, I’d have appreciated a scene where Heidi has to make out with all the boys a la’ IT and Cartman goes first but then she goes to the other boys and the season ends with Cartman just looking on in horror as all his friends get to smooch his lady

I just want more more Cartmanland level “Cartman getting owned” episode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can any computer wizards in here make a GIF of Ike in his serious mountie clothes riding the dog?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually I suggested they just smooch but you took it there in your creepy derail.

Also there was the episode where Kenny climbed into the bus driver’s vagina for a reality TV show

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Well he does like all the voices soooooo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL @ complaining over and over again about our child sex derail, so mortified by our content that they must continue the derail until everyone reading the thread knows that we are all crossing the imaginary line in the sand they have drawn for cartoon mid-western town.

Also I didn’t use the word cuck at all because I don’t have brain damage. It would have been a funny reference to IT and it would have just pissed Cartman off and made him really mad, which is like the exact opposite effect the d-d-dreaded “C” word is supposed to have.

Maybe stop clutching your pearls over a show that depicted using aborted fetuses to build chain pizza restaurants...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
hey dudes Im sorry but i cant find the old thread for the game. Im grabbing the fractured but whole game on sale and want to know if the DLC is worth it or is my brother gonna get enough game by itself?

• Locked thread