Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
There was enough funny stuff in this one, but it was completely overshadowed by the failure to take on white supremacy, and the weird botched message they delivered in its place. It was so distracting that I was constantly waiting for them to get on their soapbox and get to the point so I could actually focus on the comedy bits and be done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I feel sorry for the Indian guy.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Part of me likes the way this episode made me laugh my rear end off like a motherfucker, but another part of me feels they're stretching it to make it both sides (again).

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Funniest episode of the season so far. If Matt and Trey want to wuss out on their promise to take on white supremacy and stop delivering lovely attempts at satire, I can get down with this.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

General Dog posted:

I 100% thought the censorship was part of the joke when I watched it, and I'm still not really convinced it wasn't. The near full minute of bleeped monologue just seemed too funny and on point not to be planned.

Someone on 4chan of all places was able to leak the uncensored version and it's apparently some kind of spiel about how the only real power is threatening people with violence.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The pointed hats remind me of Klan hoods and those types whining about a witch hunt would be deliciously appropriate so I was thinking they were finally going after white supremacy, but with the recent Weinstein scandal and the way the witch went after Heidi while his friends would try to distance themselves from him, I can't help think they're trying to make fun of that. Either way fits with Garrison-Trump being a witch in secret.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So they said this was the end of serialization but here we are with the Heidi/Cartman thing. On one hand I like seeing how much of a piece of poo poo Cartman is, and Garrison-Trump's cartoonish bullshit is a nice compensation for Matt and Trey's failed promise to actually take on the alt-right. On the other hand, giving this much attention to a bad relationship between a normal girl and a sociopath feels more like a weird soap opera, so the whole thing with Heidi being brainwashed and the writers trying to spice up Cartman's antisemitism after several seasons of it just being him isn't just unpleasant, although it definitely is that. I'm saying that on a storyline angle, it just feels like filler for the denouement of wherever they're going with this plot arc.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 9, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Only three more episodes left and I've never felt a season that was this bipolar and disjointed. What the gently caress happened, Matt and Trey?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was seriously waiting for Heidi to die from eating the waterbears and they all go, "Oh my God! They killed Heidi!" and nobody says you bastard because she's that bad.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 16, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This suffered from the same problems as most of S21, but I kinda liked it more than the others? I guess it was saved by She-Mackey and a focus on obnoxiousness in general as opposed to really making it out to be about anything, despite having a blatant caricature with the name of Strong Woman.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Cartman got a good deal on semen from a guy named Rob in the alley. The stupid rear end in a top hat didn't even charge him for it, he just told him to close his eyes and suck it from a hose.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Then there was that time when Kyle shared his first kiss with a repressed home schooled girl which turned her into a raging slut who started spanking and kissing random boys at the school dance.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I guess it just feels like Matt and Trey, ironically enough, lost the plot as it were when they made the move to regular serialization. At first it was cool, but three seasons later and now it's like a completely different show, something that lacks the punch it once had save for episodes like where Grandpa Marsh beat the old bag bloody. It could pass for some satirical internet thing reskinned with a bunch of Deviantart South Park OCs, but this current direction is a completely opposite direction from what made this show memorable. I remember a year ago some people said they would have been shocked if Heidi actually jumped off a bridge. On a show like this, where Kenny died from increasingly violent deaths every episode?

^^^Let's not forget that time when Wendy dared Stan to shove a stick up his peehole. Or Cartman conjured a second Kyle to actually suck his balls for real in Imaginationland and everyone laughed.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

that was not kenny iirc

Reminds me that Kenny gave Howard Stern a blowjob in the same episode.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 10, 2017

• Locked thread