Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
"Cletus, lower the volume!"
"Adjustin' volume ter 60%."

Really liked a couple jokes, and Sharon not being into the show. On every family reality show there's always one family member that's phoning it in and doesn't want to be there.

Seeing Eric demolish his relationship was painful, but I think for Cartman to be Cartman he has to be the most selfish person in the room.

But it wasn't a good episode. It kind of felt like half an episode but not in the "setting up the season" way. It also felt like it was going to take on a lot more than it did but they went out of their way to say "We're not touching this" which is funny in itself but it doesn't make for good television.

It was two or three good jokes filled in with half-assed writing. I give it :member::member: out of :member::member::member::member::member: Looking forward to the rest of the season though. Please subscribe to my Buzzfeed and smash that like button on Patreon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

muscles like this! posted:

I just watched this episode on Hulu and the sound mixing was completely terrible for some reason. Music and sound effects were super loud and the dialog was really quiet, like that final scene of Cartman after he breaks up with his girlfriend I couldn't hear anything he was saying because it was completely drowned out.

Yeah same here watching it on cable. The ominous music was almost drowning out the dialogue.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

The Bee posted:

So what you guys are saying is that Matt and Trey need to knock out the wall that they've set up between each episode's production schedule, for a more open episode writing experience they can use to better entertain their guests.

They can't break it down because it's a thematic structure bearing wall. They tried breaking it down years ago and the critics said it nearly collapsed.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

21 Muns posted:

Interesting that they did away with that in the first episode, then, unless it's going to be an on-again off-again thing.

I hope they come back like the Crab People

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Smash cut to them all laughing at Cartman's suicide threats was :laffo:. Garrison's escalating tweets were pretty great too. And the rap songs were beautiful.
A Plot and B Plot came together pretty drat nicely this week.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Cartman raps were pretty funny and well written and deserve plenty of respect for nailing that in voice.

I was just thinking that as I was watching it.

vermin fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 21, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

precision posted:

as someone who has actually had suicidal thoughts this is loving clownshoes, like i can't even believe it's real

Same. This song, and it feels like a good number of anti-suicide stuff, isn't going to reach or improve actually suicidal people. Like it's there to make people who aren't in danger feel better. A bake sale to end world hunger.

edit: But hey, those Youtube comments seem to say otherwise so what do I know. That's where the real national conversation on suicide is happening (with so many people telling each other to kill themselves).

vermin fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 24, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

That was pretty great for me. I have a native American friend so I'm looking forward to them seeing it. Also loved the subtlety and nuance line.

I think no matter what there's always going to be "not enough jokes" or "too much jokes" or "too much political commentary" or "not enough political commentary"

I guess you could say I'm a middle of the road kind of guy so the episodes usually always hit me in the right spot.

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 28, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Well I think the statues are racist...but then again they are a part of our history...
Well I guess the statues are part of history...but I can see how they are racist.
I think they are history. I think they are racist.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Irradiation posted:

They're paraphrasing season 4 South Park about the town flag. :ssh:

I win!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Randy, I cannot quit you. Stop running from yourself.

vermin fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 29, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

When I was a kid, Columbus was a good guy. When I was a teenager, Columbus was a bad guy. The facts were always there, but every few years people are shocked like it's suddenly breaking news.

Same with Bill Cosby. When I was a kid I loved him. Listened to his records. When I was a teen my dad told me he raped a bunch of women in the 70s. And yet the public kept on with the pudding jokes and fat Albert and buck buck well into my twenties so I figured nobody cared about it. Then out of nowhere it's shocking breaking news again and how could we ever have liked him and he hid this from us for all these years and now he's Bill Cosby the Date Rape Guy. You liked Bill Cosby? gently caress you! You don't understand, everybody was stoked on Bill Cosby.

People from the south have been stoked on southern pride since before the civil war.

This episode isn't about racial tension in the Jim Crow era or the meaning of monuments or even Antifa vs alt-right. It's about Randy Marsh playing with a Native American man's heart while trying desperately to make everyone forget he was ever stoked on Columbus.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

A lot of people still really don't know or don't care enough to know.

I really want to like Adam Ruins Everything. I agree with every point of his I've bothered to watch but he's just so smug and unlikeable. He's the embodiment of the guy who goes, "Um, actually, did you know...that...peanuts...aren't nuts? They're actually legyooms, which is a type of bean." And then they stand there smirking, looking like they just blew your mind. And then the day after a new one comes out all your friends who watch do just that.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Chakram posted:

I thought that was the "ruins everything" part. The character he plays.

Just cause the character's supposed to be obnoxious doesn't make it less obnoxious to me.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I know it's usually on people's worst episode lists but I love A Million Little Fibers. Cause every time Oprah's vagina talks, I lose my mind.

Oprah's vagina is funny, get over it

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I am loving every second of this episode. I even like Marcus.

"Rape me my friend~"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

sassassin posted:

If you think Cartman's run his course why would you want to keep the character whose entire joke is currently being another Cartman?

There must always be a Cartman

• Locked thread