Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite parts of the show are whenever JB Smoove gets Larry David to laugh for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

the "He's like the son I never had, although my daughter is currently transitioning" joke was an actual good trans joke imo. Larry's contribution on the subject fell pretty flat and was just sort of "lol trans people, they cut they dick AND balls off??" though

I was about to say, was that even a joke? Funkhauser loving and supporting his trans kid was awesome and I'm honestly confused what that sensitive goon was complaining about.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dangerous Person posted:

My favorite parts of the show are whenever JB Smoove gets Larry David to laugh for real

The best scenes are always when it’s obvious the actors are about to start laughing after a cut.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
That's partly why some of the best scenes involve Larry and Richard Lewis. They make each other genuinely laugh often.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
what an amazingly good episode. I was in stitches basically the whole dang time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Okay this one was hilarious. When the Arab guy is interviewing all these people from L-Vid's past, who's the guy who says Larry changed a rhyme in one of his songs and stopped him from marrying a lesbian? I thought I've seen every episode, but he didn't ring any bells at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Okay this one was hilarious. When the Arab guy is interviewing all these people from L-Vid's past, who's the guy who says Larry changed a rhyme in one of his songs and stopped him from marrying a lesbian? I thought I've seen every episode, but he didn't ring any bells at all.

Krazee Eyez Killa. The Emmy winning episode IIRC.

Funny episode but the fatwa storyline is just so absurd and feels like it belongs in a different show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think I got my biggest laugh of the whole series when the guy was impressed that Larry refused to abide by the rules of Orthodox Judaism.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Krazee Eyez Killa. The Emmy winning episode IIRC.

Funny episode but the fatwa storyline is just so absurd and feels like it belongs in a different show.

reminder: in this show, larry goes to heaven and gets sent back when his gardian angels get pissed off at his antics

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

go play outside Skyler posted:

reminder: in this show, larry goes to heaven and gets sent back when his gardian angels get pissed off at his antics

That was out of place too, but it was also much funnier

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Michael J. Fox confessing he uses his Parkinson's as an excuse to be a prick was my favorite thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Michael J. Fox confessing he uses his Parkinson's as an excuse to be a prick was my favorite thing.

One of the best Leon moments in history was him talking about how you shouldn’t accept a penis handed to you by Michael J. Fox.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

"Two people aren't allowed to be happy?"

"Well, you're allowed to be happy, but not in front of me."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can't believe it took Curb 9 seasons to get to PDA couples.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Larry disciplining that kid was great.

Was this the season finale or is there more? It felt a little series finalish to me with all those old characters returning.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was this the season finale or is there more? It felt a little series finalish to me with all those old characters returning.

2 more episodes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

It looks like there are going to be 10 episodes, but it felt like a finale to me too, though I guess the show will probably want to check back in with Cheryl and Ted before the season's over, and I'll be disappointed if that's the last we see of Lauren Graham.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I have to imagine the finale will be centered around the musical production. A little skeptical since theyve tapped that sort of well before(though the results were excellent). But really this season has rebounded well after a lackluster first three episodes.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That episode was amazing. It was good and then the investigation started and drat.

Krazee-Eyez Killa! Michael J Fox! Denise Handicapped! I want some kind of bonus scenes of everyone Larry has either wronged or helped now

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Just got to watch the episode and holy poo poo that was fantastic.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
Please be on Curb Lin-Manuel :pray:

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Someone pointed out how much this guy is like Leon and now I can't unhear it

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/932812860614434816

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Phenotype posted:

That's a bit meta. Wanda Sykes played "herself" on the show, the same way Larry does, but she came out as a lesbian since that episode.

This season is great, as they always are. Not every episode is a home run, but I don't look for the show to keep topping itself; just give me more Elvid.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
No one will be able to convince me that the Crudite Cru de take line from the first episode isn't the best joke of the entire season.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Jeff really does look great in that cowboy hat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

timp posted:

Jeff really does look great in that cowboy hat

And Larry looks like such a dork lol

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For once, it is the shucker who eats the clam.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The text they read from Larry's non-disclosure agreement was hilarious.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
How good was Lin Manuel-Miranda at playing "guy who pretends to agree with you and then just totally steamrolls you"? My highlight was when he saw Jeff with the bolo tie "Great to see this, this is developing! I like it. It's working really well - keep workshopping, it's great." fuckin lmao

facebook jihad posted:

For once, it is the shucker who eats the clam.

It was nice to see Susie getting some after being cheated on by Jeff

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lin Manuel was so loving good in this. Running around with Larry and then wrestling - then right in the seat ready to GET IN THOSE WEEDS.

:lol:

Goddamn he must have had some fun. And that actually was his wife too.

E: yeah, he confirmed he's on again next week.

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/935145133988818945

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 27, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wasn't it America Ferrera?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Wasn't it America Ferrera?

It was. His wife is named Vanessa but that wasn't her.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh poo poo, it looked very similar.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was great. I’m sad there’s only one more episode left since it took a while before the episodes got good this season.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was great. I’m sad there’s only one more episode left since it took a while before the episodes got good this season.

Lies

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/935155146530504704
Please let Weird Al be a guest next week.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like how that episode was so busy nobody even mentioned Larry going on loving Judge Judy yet.

E: and I was wondering how Larry was going to get in some disagreement with someone who by all accounts I've seen is just an incredibly nice person but that was amazing

E2 holy poo poo imagine if the McElroys were ever on an episode

McDragon fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 28, 2017

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
dialogue prediction

“Susie hosed the shucker!”
“The shucker?”
“He hosed her!”
“She’s a shucker fucker!”

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SeANMcBAY posted:

no but it would have been a great one. it's the thematic opposite of the finale of Seinfeld where everybody they wronged testifies against them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hate to say but I could see the finale of this season being the final episode since I could image Larry not wanting to show to have more seasons than Seinfeld.

I hope I’m wrong though. I want this show until Larry is too old and sick to do it.:smith:

• Locked thread