Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why do females think they're entitled to having the door held open for them

You might have a problem with women. And people in general. Seek help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He was wrong about insisting that the hairdresser should be the groom.

He was right that she made more sense as a groom.

One of those "He's saying what I'm thinking, but he shouldn't actually say it this time" things.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fast Luck posted:

Ultimately though his door holding foibles showed that he was actually wrong that it made more sense for Betty to be the groom. and I think that was on purpose. But yeah I don't know why one woman is gonna be the "bride" and the other the "groom" anyway.

As per the door comment, I totally get the "Larry Davidness" or not wanting to offend someone he thought would react negatively to having a door held open for him. He was actually making an effort to be socially intelligent, but was wrong in his assumption. That's part of what makes CYE great... it speaks to all of societies intricacies and our right/wrong/indifferent attempts to conform to them or, in Larry's case, question them.

He is the kind of guy that will hold a door for someone, but also to obsess over the length of time he should be expected to hold a door and if the person in question would react negatively or positively to having a door held open for them.

The expectation I had was that he would hold the door open for her, she would get pissed about it, and he would defend holding the door open as a kind gesture that she should be appreciative of. The show turned my own assumption on it's head, which is great poo poo.

As for weddings, who cares. Some women want to wear a dress, and some want to wear a suit.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Leon has one motivation in his actions, and that's to get up in that rear end.

• Locked thread