Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Actually all the jackbox looks like it's about the injokes and I've been gone too long I'm out of the loop

Quiplash is about the only game where that comes into play. And usually leaning too hard on any in-jokes doesn't play in your favor.

Especially if more people join :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Febreeze posted:

Actually all the jackbox looks like it's about the injokes and I've been gone too long I'm out of the loop

Everyone gets in on the ground floor at some point. Might as well take the plunge!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Febreeze posted:

dave i caught up pretty okay and i don't know poo poo about gently caress

join usss

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Champ'd Up probably puts out some of our best content, it's even sometimes football related!

edit: this is probably the only major-in joke now -

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 21, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

To get in the loop you have to get on the highway. But it's not all in-jokes, not by a long shot. It's worth a visit.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Fuckin Steelers, man

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1341238764538982401

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Stefanski deserves that award anyway

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Everyone should come play chat thread Jackbox. We’ve even split into two different game groups when we have a big crowd since both Silly Burrito and General Dog stream it. Kinda uneasy about having to compete against web comic artists in drawing games though.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Non artists created Boobsbart and honkerhankhill.

I think the regs can hold their own

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Pops Mgee posted:

Everyone should come play chat thread Jackbox. We’ve even split into two different game groups when we have a big crowd since both Silly Burrito and General Dog stream it. Kinda uneasy about having to compete against web comic artists in drawing games though.

I've won literally one game ever, and it was Quiplash

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Flikken posted:

Stefanski deserves that award anyway

I think it’s down to him and Flores at this point

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Toaster Beef posted:

I've won literally one game ever, and it was Quiplash

The good thing is that no one ever remembers who wins. You congratulate the winner and move on to the next jackassery.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

The good thing is that no one ever remembers who wins. You congratulate the winner and move on to the next jackassery. Trivia Murder Party 2 is fun as a non drawing game though.

Quote is not edit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If any of you farters want to join us:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silly Burrito posted:

If any of you farters want to join us:

I want a rap battle!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I want a rap battle!

There's always next week!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lets hope so I was planning on some dope rhymes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Confession: I'm not Discord-savvy. I don't know how to keep the chat visible while watching a stream/playing Jackbox.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Confession: I'm not Discord-savvy. I don't know how to keep the chat visible while watching a stream/playing Jackbox.

You're better off than I am because your post is like a foreign language to me. :downs:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

What I do is click on the pop out button at the bottom of the streaming game window, and then click on the game night text channel. That way you can easily do both. For me it also helps to have two screens so you can have your browser on one and then your game and chat stream on another (or use a phone or tablet as your playing surface). Were you able to see the chat at all? I thought you didn't say much last night but not everyone does.

One of the main things we get is: why don't we use voice chat? 1, it's just how we've usually done it because 2, sometimes if someone leaves their mic on and their sound is loud, you can hear the game echoing.

If you play again and can't get the chat working, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

You're better off than I am because your post is like a foreign language to me. :downs:

Discord isn't that bad. It's beefed up IRC. I won't claim to be an expert by any means but it works well enough for Jackbox nights, and it's free.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Discord is good. I joined a few goon cords and it's basically replaced the forums for me, except for some TFF threads.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just tool around a bit. Last night was like my 4th or 5th time using discord and the first time I ever used it to watch a stream and I figured it out

btw, that was fun, thanks for telling us about it, Burrito

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 23, 2020

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah I have dual monitors and I had the game/stream popped out to one with the main Discord app in the other, but I couldn't figure out how to get the chat visible in the latter.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you can use discord on your phone but that's probably more useful w/ voice chat

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yeah I have dual monitors and I had the game/stream popped out to one with the main Discord app in the other, but I couldn't figure out how to get the chat visible in the latter.

You have to click on the chat channel - #gamenight or whatever the tag is. I'll admit I got lost early on with that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Dango Bango posted:

You have to click on the chat channel - #gamenight or whatever the tag is. I'll admit I got lost early on with that.

Thanks, I thought I tried that last night but I'll try again at the next one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

btw, that was fun, thanks for telling us about it, Burrito

Sure thing, glad everyone had a good time. You should now have the Discord link but if you ever need it again just check the TFF Chat thread on Tuesdays and it usually gets posted again.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Sure thing, glad everyone had a good time. You should now have the Discord link but if you ever need it again just check the TFF Chat thread on Tuesdays and it usually gets posted again.

Around what time are you guys finished in the discord channel on Tuesday's? I work night's, so I might not be home in time to log in anyway.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Around what time are you guys finished in the discord channel on Tuesday's? I work night's, so I might not be home in time to log in anyway.

Normally we're in there for roughly two hours, so from around 7:30 - 9:30 PM CST. The day may change eventually as it used to be Thursday, but when TNF started we moved it to Tuesday.

General Dog will usually give a heads up in the chat thread and the Discord if something does change, though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Normally we're in there for roughly two hours, so from around 7:30 - 9:30 PM CST. The day may change eventually as it used to be Thursday, but when TNF started we moved it to Tuesday.

General Dog will usually give a heads up in the chat thread and the Discord if something does change, though.

Thanks.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I did another uniform, this time of a team that was never part of the NFL. I posted the story on Reddit but I thought it was cool enough to post here.

This is the story,

Recently the Texas School for the Deaf football team won the APPS division 1 Six-Man state championship. Deaf players are not common in pro football but there have been a few.

Derrick Coleman was the most recent hearing impaired player to play in the NFL. Before him running back Larry Brown, defensive tackle Bonnie Sloan (yes, that's his name), defensive lineman Kenny Walker and offensive tackle Flozell Adams played the game.

The most successful of these was probably Larry Brown. Although Coleman was on a SB winning team, Larry Brown was an NFL MVP in 1972.

It was Vince Lombardi who noticed Brown's hearing issues. He noticed that Brown moved late off the snap and that when someone was speaking he would turn his head slightly to one side. It turned out that rather than listening for the snap Brown was waiting and watching for the linemen to move. Once Brown was fitted with an aid to help him hear the QB's call that delay went away.

Most semi-casual football fans know that the Huddle was invented at a college for the deaf. Playing against teams unfamiliar with sign language meant that the defense had difficultly understanding the flurry of hand signals when Gallaudet quarterback Paul Hubbard called the plays. He worried that teams from other deaf schools would be able to read his signals as fast as his team could so the players huddled together, blocking the other team from seeing the play called. The practice caught on and spread to all levels of the game.

Once there was a professional team made up entirely of deaf players and their origins are tied in with the industrial revolution. Even today factories tend to be loud places and hearing protection had not evolved to where it is now. Starting with a pilot program in 1913, Goodyear began employing deaf workers in their factories in the Akron, OH area. The workers had a strong work ethic and a desire to prove themselves and their hearing impairment meant that they were not distracted by the noise of the factory. By 1920, there were 800 deaf workers at Goodyear plants. They would gather socially and play sports as well. A team of football players eventually grew out of this commonality, the Goodyear Silents.

From 1917 to 1923 the Silents won three Ohio-Semi Pro championships and compiled a record of 60-9-6. Three times they played (but lost to) the Akron Pros, who were the first NFL Champions in 1920.

They would include players from Gallaudet college as well as a few players later in the team's existence who were not deaf. They played their final game in 1927. Goodyear has maintained a connection to pro football through the Goodyear Blimp. If Goodyear had sponsored a continuing team, they might have looked a little like this design.

The logo and the colors from Goodyear were used as the source for the uniform. There wasn't much in the old uniform and they didn't have any logo that I could find. I wanted to include the ASL signs for "G" and "S". The later is simply a fist, which could have be mistaken for a different message if it was strongly featured on the helmet. The ASL G & S also didn't fit well together so they ended up as separate elements on the sleeves.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Darth Brooks posted:

I did another uniform, this time of a team that was never part of the NFL. I posted the story on Reddit but I thought it was cool enough to post here.

This is the story,

Recently the Texas School for the Deaf football team won the APPS division 1 Six-Man state championship. Deaf players are not common in pro football but there have been a few.

Derrick Coleman was the most recent hearing impaired player to play in the NFL. Before him running back Larry Brown, defensive tackle Bonnie Sloan (yes, that's his name), defensive lineman Kenny Walker and offensive tackle Flozell Adams played the game.

The most successful of these was probably Larry Brown. Although Coleman was on a SB winning team, Larry Brown was an NFL MVP in 1972.

It was Vince Lombardi who noticed Brown's hearing issues. He noticed that Brown moved late off the snap and that when someone was speaking he would turn his head slightly to one side. It turned out that rather than listening for the snap Brown was waiting and watching for the linemen to move. Once Brown was fitted with an aid to help him hear the QB's call that delay went away.

Most semi-casual football fans know that the Huddle was invented at a college for the deaf. Playing against teams unfamiliar with sign language meant that the defense had difficultly understanding the flurry of hand signals when Gallaudet quarterback Paul Hubbard called the plays. He worried that teams from other deaf schools would be able to read his signals as fast as his team could so the players huddled together, blocking the other team from seeing the play called. The practice caught on and spread to all levels of the game.

Once there was a professional team made up entirely of deaf players and their origins are tied in with the industrial revolution. Even today factories tend to be loud places and hearing protection had not evolved to where it is now. Starting with a pilot program in 1913, Goodyear began employing deaf workers in their factories in the Akron, OH area. The workers had a strong work ethic and a desire to prove themselves and their hearing impairment meant that they were not distracted by the noise of the factory. By 1920, there were 800 deaf workers at Goodyear plants. They would gather socially and play sports as well. A team of football players eventually grew out of this commonality, the Goodyear Silents.

From 1917 to 1923 the Silents won three Ohio-Semi Pro championships and compiled a record of 60-9-6. Three times they played (but lost to) the Akron Pros, who were the first NFL Champions in 1920.

They would include players from Gallaudet college as well as a few players later in the team's existence who were not deaf. They played their final game in 1927. Goodyear has maintained a connection to pro football through the Goodyear Blimp. If Goodyear had sponsored a continuing team, they might have looked a little like this design.

The logo and the colors from Goodyear were used as the source for the uniform. There wasn't much in the old uniform and they didn't have any logo that I could find. I wanted to include the ASL signs for "G" and "S". The later is simply a fist, which could have be mistaken for a different message if it was strongly featured on the helmet. The ASL G & S also didn't fit well together so they ended up as separate elements on the sleeves.

Very cool, indeed. I like the story, and the uniform is nice. Hell, I might take that over the Rams' current uni.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Someone asked me to do a Portsmouth Spartans. That's the original name of the Detroit Lions. I've avoided doing modernized versions of the Lions and bears because even though those teams started out in different places and different names we know what the Portsmouth Spartans would look like because they exist now. But there aren't any really interesting defunct teams (at least none that are interesting right now) and doing an alternative history might be neat.

This is my first design for the Spartans. I tried to work in a subtle "S" shape into the helmet. Even though the color scheme was a purple using the Lions color scheme seems like the right way to go. I'm debating between these three at the moment.

So if you have any input, it's welcome.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What about Grey helmet, black highlights, and blue horsehair?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Like this?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeeeup. Doesn't pop as well as the full blue w/black and grey, but maybe the background is washing it out.

Sinistar
May 8, 2004

I hunger.

Darth Brooks posted:

Someone asked me to do a Portsmouth Spartans. That's the original name of the Detroit Lions. I've avoided doing modernized versions of the Lions and bears because even though those teams started out in different places and different names we know what the Portsmouth Spartans would look like because they exist now. But there aren't any really interesting defunct teams (at least none that are interesting right now) and doing an alternative history might be neat.

This is my first design for the Spartans. I tried to work in a subtle "S" shape into the helmet. Even though the color scheme was a purple using the Lions color scheme seems like the right way to go. I'm debating between these three at the moment.

So if you have any input, it's welcome.

How would the one on the right look with black and white swapped? Might stand out better on the grey background?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Here's eight variations so they can be judged against each other.

At the moment I like the one bottom row, second from the left.

I know of Cleveland (Rams), Decatur Staleys (the Bears) and Portsmouth (The Lions), NY Titans (Jets) and Boston Braves (former Redskins) I'm trying to think of other teams that moved and rebranded. The Chiefs/Texans and Titans/Oilers are modern enough that there are really good modern helmet designs for them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

Here's eight variations so they can be judged against each other.

At the moment I like the one bottom row, second from the left.

I know of Cleveland (Rams), Decatur Staleys (the Bears) and Portsmouth (The Lions), NY Titans (Jets) and Boston Braves (former Redskins) I'm trying to think of other teams that moved and rebranded. The Chiefs/Texans and Titans/Oilers are modern enough that there are really good modern helmet designs for them.

what about the bottom left but with the white and black reversed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Darth Brooks posted:

Didn’t the NFL have a team called the Dallas Texans that eventually became the original Baltimore Colts in some fashion? I know there’s some insanity with how the Colts got founded that involved some old AAFC and NFL teams.