Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugnoid

the tables are astroturfed and the table water arrives in a watering can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid

a birdcage with a cactus in it hangs over the cash register

Slugnoid

the tables are sawhorses and theres a framed section of brick wall behind me

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
The waiters/waitresses will stand at your table and watch you type your novel because hey, writing's only worthwhile if you're doing it in public where people can watch your genius unfold, right??

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Slugnoid

the big breakfast is two strips of bacon a egg and two cherry tomatoes

Macnult

it costs extra for no avocado

Macnult

instead of your name on the coffee cup they write your instagram handle, spelled correctly obviously. what do you think this is, Starbucks? ha

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

roast your own coffee beans

Macnult

The cafe's bookshare has Rupi Kaur's Milk and Honey on display, right next to a copy of Infinite Jest with an incredibly worn cover despite its new book smell.

Slugnoid

the coffee is served in an aluminium can and one of the seats is a deck chair

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
eggs

Starman Super DX

ears gauged while u wait!

Tell me more!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

You can only pay in the smallest denomination of coins

Tebulot

im hip now bois

The only music is 'Rock Lobster' on repeat

Tebulot

im hip now bois

All the staff wear groucho marx glasses

Madame Psychosis
Photographer that goes from table to table offering commemorative Instagram posts and keychains.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Tebulot posted:

The only music is 'Rock Lobster' on repeat

and it's on vinyl

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
tweed napkins

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
The cafe has no name, just a symbol, and it's on a sign, just not on the building. You can only find the sign on a bathroom stall wall in a truck stop 20 miles away.

High on the hog, 90's style.

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

the eggs come inside the chickens

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Waiters have to have at least four pieces of face jewelry. The host supplies stick on tattoos if you're not up to dress code.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The water is bacon infused, but they do not sell bacon.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
The bay area stores serve all their food in sealed, proprietary pouches. You have to cook the meal at home yourself and the device costs four thousand dollars.

Slugnoid

the fire extinguisher is filled with silly string and your order is served on a tennis racket

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
soup in a bong

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
No one knows where the cafe is located, as it moves hourly.

High on the hog, 90's style.

Slugnoid

soup is served in a deflated basketball which is flown to my table by quadracopter

Starman Super DX

Tebulot posted:

You can only pay in bitcoins

Tell me more!

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Slugnoid posted:

soup is served in a deflated basketball which is flown to my table by quadracopter

soup is served in a puddle, in a random alley

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The water is freeze dried and your check is written on handmade paper

Slugnoid

there are chairs bolted to the ceiling and all the waiters are english backpackers

wearing a lampshade

"excuse me, you're in Mr Armisen's light, do you mind moving to your designated placement with the other extras?"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
When you place your order your server will blindfold you and bring your order to you and describe it to you in lurid detail, snap a picture of your meal and update your Instagram feed with the image for you.

The hipster cafe Yelp review is based on how closely the verbal description you were given matches the image that was posted on your Instagram feed.

wearing a lampshade

I walk into the diner that is absolutely normal and plain in every way, order bad coffee that's been sitting all day, and eat eggs with pale yolks and plastic-like whites. "It's not terrible, it's authentic." I repeat to myself under my breath, as the server misses my coffee mug and pours coffee that is surely not free trade or single origin on my burnt toast, surely bought in bulk from a nondescript wholesaler, and absolutely not fresh since last month. "I'll be the first person to think this place is cool," as I whip out my phone to write down a four star yelp review using the words "homey" and "honest" in the description.

Twenty Four

The hipster cafe does not have food, because they don't want to be like all those "other" cafes and have food.

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

Slugnoid posted:

there are chairs bolted to the ceiling and all the waiters are english backpackers

FactsAreUseless

- The only album the cafe plays is The Offspring's "Smash"
- Want to get in, have to prove I'm "down with the clown."
- All the baristas are from Laos
- Only serve decaf instant Folgers
- The mayor is here every day to play Parcheesi with the owner
- Child in the corner watching Power Rangers on her phone each morning

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

- The mayor is here every day to play Parcheesi with the owner

Every day the mayor comes in to continue a game of parcheesi with the owner. They have agreed that should the owner lose, he will have to pay his massive tax bill. But the owner knows he will lose. Heis really trying to distract the mayor from the tailor amd dry cleaner next store run by a young poor couple, who also owe a lot to the city but really can't afford it. One day the tailor couple sees the mayor dancing over the hill holding hands with the hipster cafe owner abd his wait and kitchen staff all holding hands in a chain

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Can't wait to tuck into this bowl of imported pour-over cheerios. The grains used to make the cereal were eaten then pooped out by a cat in Burma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Its menu is free-range high pH "green yolk" organic eggs, heart-shaped hash browns made from fair-wage "kissed earth" techno-Amish farmed blood potatoes, and gently threatened farm-to-table bacon like every other boutique cafe in Portland. But the waiter has his KuroNippon-dyed hair slicked back with vazza, Coke bottle glasses with lenses ground from the actual bottoms of green Coke bottles, a pimple ring on his nose, an open vest like that of the titular character in Disney's 1992 Aladdin, and a narrow little pubic trail crawling out of the waist of his "upsized" children's Sesame Street denim jeans from the 1970s.

Oh, and his long and wispy rat-tail beard is trailing through the store-brand catsup on your hash browns, while his bronze "Weyland Iowa High School 1991 Wrestling Regionals" medal around his neck repeatedly smacks your spouse in the face as he's refilling your Ceylon-blown glasses with Cl-treated Bull Mountain agua de grifo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread