Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Browns may actually be turning the corner a bit.

One dumb goon's quick ranks so far:
Good teams: Chiefs, Raiders, Titans
Probably good teams: Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Vikings
Maybe good teams: Eagles, Panthers, Browns, Jaguars, Rams, Broncos, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, Lions
Probably bad teams: Washington, Bills, Giants, Chargers, Bengals, Bears, Saints, Cardinals
Bad teams: 49ers, Colts, Texans, Jets
N/A: Bucs, Dolphins
Most arguably one rank up: Eagles, Seahawks, Falcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

What do they all have in common? They all played poo poo teams.

yeah if you account for the defenses, these players actually all played bad and are bad.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Titans in the top three??

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

What do they all have in common? They all played poo poo teams.

The Patriots, noted poo poo dynasty

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rjmccall posted:

I'm not sure why the Titans deserve to be in this tier.

I think they'll probably end up pretty good but the offense didn't do enough against what I still consider a questionable at best defense. Albeit with one great player.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Pagano 2 defense is much better than the single high bullshit from last year

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

rjmccall posted:

Maybe good teams: Eagles, Panthers, Browns, Jaguars, Rams, Broncos, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, Lions
Probably bad teams: Washington, Bills, Giants, Chargers, Bengals, Bears, Saints, Cardinals

Titans are worse than every team in the tier below them.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Guessing they're Titans fans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans are winning the super bowl

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I postulate that the Chargers will never have a primetime home game until they move into the Kroenkedome

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I have my finger on the pulse of voters and my ear to the NFL streets and it appears Alex Smith is the current leader for MVP

Yup, this checks out. Of course it is early in the season so things can change

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 12, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rjmccall posted:

The Jaguars are a noted Bad Team that beat a team on your "Bad Team" list, yet you rank them as a Maybe Good team? They should be in the Probably Bad Teams list, along with the Titans.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

49ers may be bad but going for it on every 4th down is ballsy and rules

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Eh, I thought the Titans looked good even if they had flaws. Chiefs and Raiders have flaws, too. Maybe I should’ve left them in the probably good list, but gently caress it, gotta make a list.

I am not a Titans fan.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Blitz7x posted:

Bump the Pats/Saints game up in watchability, Romo will be the color guy

I really want to watch a full game with Romo as the color guy.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Bait and Swatch posted:

I really want to watch a full game with Romo as the color guy.

Him calling out plays and corner/safety blitzes before they happened owned pretty hard

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Packers beat the Seahawks and now everyone's hopes are all up the the defense is going to do good or something. The Packers D proved literally nothing against the Seahawks. Last year the Packers held the Seahawks to just 10 points after intercepting Wilson 5 times and everyone knew they were still not good. Now they play a team that scored 77 points and dumped almost 900 yards of offense on them a year ago - and the Packers are using roughly the same players.

I'm expecting the worst but I'll be pleasantly surprised to be see them do well again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a patagonian cavy posted:

Him calling out plays and corner/safety blitzes before they happened owned pretty hard
It really shows how great of a quarterback he was.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

rjmccall posted:

Eh, I thought the Titans looked good even if they had flaws. Chiefs and Raiders have flaws, too. Maybe I should’ve left them in the probably good list, but gently caress it, gotta make a list.

I am not a Titans fan.

Both the Titans and Raiders played technically sound games, both offenses looked great, defenses were okay but there were no huge broken plays, no turnovers, no clownball. Just a solid game where both teams look good the whole way through which didn't happen in any other game

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ice Fist posted:

The Packers beat the Seahawks and now everyone's hopes are all up the the defense is going to do good or something. The Packers D proved literally nothing against the Seahawks. Last year the Packers held the Seahawks to just 10 points after intercepting Wilson 5 times and everyone knew they were still not good. Now they play a team that scored 77 points and dumped almost 900 yards of offense on them a year ago - and the Packers are using roughly the same players.

I'm expecting the worst but I'll be pleasantly surprised to be see them do well again.

Their secondary was horribly beat up last year. They should be more competitive this year. ATL squeaked by the Bears with some luck involved.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

wandler20 posted:

Hey the Bucs play this week. And then 15 straight weeks after.

At least they don't have that brutal Dolphins travel schedule.

there's no way this will result in issues for either team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram looked like a really good pass rushing tandem. Excited to see them this year.

That juke on Bosa though, woof

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
sam bradford lmao, but unironically

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

That juke on Bosa though, woof
Not as embarrassing as Brady's juke on Urlacher imo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

Not as embarrassing as Brady's juke on Urlacher imo

Nothing will ever beat Chad "Wheels" Pennington.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bill Belichek - known to field horrendous defense.

the patriots usually have a defense that is not great, but has a great game plan and is well coached (which broke down hard, laffo)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Nothing will ever beat Chad "Wheels" Pennington.

Possibly the worst juke move I've ever seen

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was thinking about it, as players get stronger and faster, are we going to start seeing more and more bad offensive lines? My line of thought is that more strength will benefit those attempting to run around someone as opposed to someone who has to shuffle and block.

I know there's a lot of other issues at hand, like the rules regarding (a lack of) contact at practice which basically means offensive lines have to learn on the job as opposed to during the week. I know it's not just the Seahawks that have a poo poo line, I feel like it's been a growing problem.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diqnol posted:

Possibly the worst juke move I've ever seen

Don't disrespect the dead leg, it's been a go to for slow quarterbacks forever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ice Fist posted:

One major difference is that we have all our defensive starters (except possibly Brooks) playing this year instead of half of them injured. That really belies your claim about "roughly the same players". Gunter is now actually our 4th CB instead of being forced to cover Julio Jones for the entire match.

I think it'll be a much closer match than the previous two outings.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

I was thinking about it, as players get stronger and faster, are we going to start seeing more and more bad offensive lines? My line of thought is that more strength will benefit those attempting to run around someone as opposed to someone who has to shuffle and block.

I mean players have been getting stronger and faster every year since the 40s or something, so...if lines get worse now for that specific reason it seems like we would have seen it at some point before.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Goodell will just make rushing the QB illegal

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

:lol:

In all seriousness, I am worried about Joe long term. He looked very stiff on Sunday. Almost as though he had a nagging back injury that was unlikely to cured be by 300 pound men smashing into him at high speed on a weekly basis. Hopefully the two wins (Browns, Jags) over the next two weeks will buy more than enough time for Flacco to receive the senzu beans I FedEX ground shipped him like a week ago.

Flacco looked completely unable to throw the ball with any velocity more than like 10 yards, which might an issue against teams that manage to score more than zero points

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also Jake Elliot is the new Eagles kicker apparently

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Goodell will just make rushing the QB illegal

Before the play the announcement goes out "number twelve is ineligible for contact"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

evilweasel posted:

the patriots usually have a defense that is not great, but has a great game plan and is well coached (which broke down hard, laffo)

I will never understand why people keep suggesting that Matt Patricia is some kind of super defensive genius and deserves a head coaching spot. I guess when I say some people I mean Pats fans. His teams have almost always been below-average and sometimes even outright bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Before the play the announcement goes out "number twelve is ineligible for contact"

Just put flags on them. Black qbs get 20% smaller flags

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Quiet Feet posted:

I will never understand why people keep suggesting that Matt Patricia is some kind of super defensive genius and deserves a head coaching spot. I guess when I say some people I mean Pats fans. His teams have almost always been below-average and sometimes even outright bad.

Without Bill he would get massively exposed like every other coordinator does after they leave.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blitz7x posted:

Brady gets picked and can't make the tackle to stop the 6

Smdh even in a hypothetical Brady is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

It's because a lot of (dumb) people think that "good at one thing that is difficult/requires intelligence = good at all things"

• Locked thread