Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
TJ Watt Defensive Rookie of the Week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chromatic posted:

mcafee is annoying

Yeah, we're about to fight

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mcafee, Kluwe, what's the difference really

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Diqnol posted:

Mcafee, Kluwe, what's the difference really

:stare:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TheChirurgeon posted:

Are they? I heard Watson was seen visibly limping after the game on Sunday
IIRC Weeden is on the depth chart as well :laugh:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All are equally infearior to the Canadian Fire God Jon Ryan

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/907595370523451393

I guess Hill never hit full speed in the Pats game lol

Wish we had kept Maclin

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Eli Wiggum posted:

IIRC Weeden is on the depth chart as well :laugh:

Nope, FA

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

People who saw the Titans-Raiders game, how was Romo as a commentator? I'd imagine he'd have to be better than Simms.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Romo was very good imo. Sounded natural and called out plays before they happened.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

TBH TFF loved Kluwe early in his career when he was mostly known for applying to a high level Everquest guild. Finally a nerd in the NFL, just like us, but then he continued raising his profile for a few years and became insufferable.

I also met Pat McAfee once, he's from my area and when he was a rookie, came to talk to grade schoolers where I worked. He showed up wearing lovely ripped jeans, like shredded at the bottom by his ankles, and I immediately labeled him a scrub.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 13, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pat McAfee is the drunk American everyone loves. His story about being completely shitfaced with his family, the Colts drafting him as a punter, then having to go out the next day to learn how to punt with his dad is fantastic.

He is a treasure and his podcast isnt bad either.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Pat McAfee is the drunk American everyone loves. His story about being completely shitfaced with his family, the Colts drafting him as a punter, then having to go out the next day to learn how to punt with his dad is fantastic.

He is a treasure and his podcast isnt bad either.

wait mcafee wasn't a punter in college

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Metapod posted:

he was but he worked as out as a kicker for the NFL draft

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

He did both duties his Jr and Sr years, but they just told him to go out there and kick it as far as he could so he never really paid it any practice time. He only worked out for NFL teams as a Kicker so when the Colts called, he didn't really have the whole being a punter thing down.

They also put him on with some assistant during the draft and she was going over what numbers were available, and he just took the very first number she said so he could get back to drinking which is why he wears the number 1.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Athanatos posted:

He did both duties his Jr and Sr years, but they just told him to go out there and kick it as far as he could so he never really paid it any practice time. He only worked out for NFL teams as a Kicker so when the Colts called, he didn't really have the whole being a punter thing down.

They also put him on with some assistant during the draft and she was going over what numbers were available, and he just took the very first number she said so he could get back to drinking which is why he wears the number 1.

hahahahaha that owns

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Johnny Hekker did a punt that no one dares try in games according to Pat McAfee

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/906984445403688961

Hekker makes watching the punter fun and exciting. He had zero touchbacks on punts last year. Zero.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Hekker makes watching the punter fun and exciting. He had zero touchbacks on punts last year. Zero.

That's insane given how many Rams drives ended in punts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

lmfao that last tidbit

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
NFL Network has apparently chosen Cowboys-Giants as the Replay Game of the Week.

That...that can't be right.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MD2020 posted:

NFL Network has apparently chosen Cowboys-Giants as the Replay Game of the Week.

Clearly they meant KC-NE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well, to be fair, those drives were really short, so Hekker could probably not it as far as he wanted and it still would not be a touchback.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/907595370523451393

I guess Hill never hit full speed in the Pats game lol

Wish we had kept Maclin

Remember when people trashed Dalvin Cook for not being fast enough at the combine? Morons.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Remember when people trashed Dalvin Cook for not being fast enough at the combine? Morons.

He definitely didn't test like he plays, I was stunned how bad his combine was.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Uh that's kinda why they trashed him. People knew he was a good athlete that dogged his workout.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Isn't he also super breakable?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MD2020 posted:

Christ that wasn't even the best NFCE matchup last weekend.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

Exactly!

No wonder they just extended him till 2022 with $10 million guaranteed.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Well, to be fair, those drives were really short, so Hekker could probably not it as far as he wanted and it still would not be a touchback.

good point

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BlindSite posted:

Isn't he also super breakable?

That was the concern with Fournett. Cook had some shoulder issues.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Climbing a slippery mountain: Why NFL’s black offensive coaches struggle to become a head coach, coordinator

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Disappointed in the comments section here, expected way worse

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Disappointed in the comments section here, expected way worse

Oh if you're looking to be disappointed in humanity, I've got you covered

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/907935666608144384

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

- 110 of the 147 offensive coordinator jobs (74.8 percent) filled since 2007, not counting coaches hired on an interim basis, went to a former NFL and/or college quarterbacks coach.
- Of those 110 jobs, five went to black coaches (4.5 percent) and three of the five went to the same black coach, Hue Jackson, now Cleveland’s head coach.
- Black coaches accounted for eight of the other 37 offensive coordinator jobs (21.6 percent) that went to coaches without a QBs coach background, showing they often have to take the long route to the top.
- There are only two black QB coaches in the NFL: Byron Leftwich, who was hired by his former coach, Bruce Arians, with Arizona, and David Culley, who coached NFL wide receivers for more than 20 years but took the Buffalo quarterbacks coaching job in a late-career attempt to become a head coach. There were no black QBs coaches in the NFL a year ago.

Yikes.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was in Detroit two years ago to watch Broncos/Lions. After the game was over I dropped by the men's room and overheard some drunk middle-aged white guy shout "loving niggers". When I asked him out loud if he seriously just said the n-word he ignored me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like Anthony Lynn and hope he's good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Romo owns

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/907930107108581376

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Man the Bengals Texans game tomorrow is such a much watch game, it'll feel like rubbernecking a horrible car crash on the opposite side of the highway, without the feeling of being that guy who slows down traffic to rubberneck a horrible car crash on the other side of the highway.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Agreed, I think he's gonna be a big hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Randy Moss Top Trick Players (click if you like flea flickers)

Also, NFL Players of the Week:
AFC Offensive: Alex Smith, QB Chiefs, 28-35 for 368 yards and 4 TDs
AFC Defensive: Calais Campbell, DE Jaguars, 4 sacks
AFC Special Teams: Giorgio Tavecchio, K Raiders, 4-4 FGs including a 52 yarder

NFC Offensive: Sam Bradford, QB Vikings, 27-32 346 yards and 3 TDs
NFC Defensive: Trumaine Johnson, CB Rams, 39 yard INT return for TD and a forced fumble
NFC Special Teams: Matt Prater, K Lions, 58 yard FG and punted 4 times in emergency duties

• Locked thread