Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It was good fun, this game. I did basically everything I felt like eventually but I burnt out on it for a long time before digging it up and finishing things early this month. Think I ended on about 195/200 warriors in the end, and all the Pokemon. Anyway, it had some neat ideas

Definitely have opinions on all the battlefields. Some are just so annoying it makes me want to scream. Quite often its just repeated animations that are a pain. Greenleaf is kind of neat but the banner gimmick can get a bit tedious. It's the drat bridge though, that's what really gets me. Fontaine is cool though, it's nice being able to knock enemies around with the water even if its not very useful. Opening and closing the dams is fun for making the AI freak out a bit too. Ignis is kind of just there. Looks neat at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The Pokemari balls are neat but the traps are a pain if you forget where they are. Then again, if you do remember you can bait the AI into getting stuck which is always good. Violight gets annoying if the opponent has electric critters and hides out in the holes. Straight-up fights though, I always appreciate that.

Yoshimoto's problem is he's excellent defensively in a game where that's just not very helpful. This game definitely has balance issues, some characters are just better. One in particular is A Monster, even more so with their Perfect Link.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pugilis can be pretty quick even with the banners since you can just hit them as they line up on the bridge and then grab the banners. Illusio can take ages if you get unlucky with the teleports. And Terrera, you can just do that.

I guess most of my complaints about the majority of the stages involve them taking a while and being more strategic than just beating everything up. It's just you end up doing them again and again and eventually you just want to rush through and conquer places so you can look for warriors and links and stuff.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Munna and Musharna are the worst

Also Spectra can Get hosed.

I've always wanted to find some rip or something of all the expressions from Warlords and Pokemon in this. There's some really good ones.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Spectra is so bad.

And it's one you have to do a lot. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread