Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gonna go to the nearby hospital to attend the tuesday night Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. This ones good its got the best biscuits.

Edit:

This is the biscuits they have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looking for a future ex wife

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Good luck Isaac

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Good luck Isaac

Thanks.

This meeting is pretty relaxed. Sometimes people from the psychiatric care house come there and they can spice things up a bit

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
:mmmhmm: didnt even last 20 minutes before bumping he own thread :cheers:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I might leave early so I can go to the petrol station and pump up one of my tires. Its got a slow leak in it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Isaac posted:

Gonna go to the nearby hospital to attend the tuesday night Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. This ones good its got the best biscuits.

Can you even get yoyos anymore? Good luck with your sobriety op

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I'm high on the marijuana and full of cum but I love you op

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Just stay home and have a drink with us instead. Im drinking urine straight from the tap.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im parked near the meeting

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
they're called "cookies"

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I hope you parked facing outward :ohdear:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Isaac posted:

I might leave early so I can go to the petrol station and pump up one of my tires. Its got a slow leak in it
god bless you isaac. have a great day

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope that you have a higher tolerance for religious bullshit than I do.
:tinsley:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Isaac posted:

Edit:

This is the biscuits they have

This is not a loving biscuit, what kind of drugs are you on.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

UK English

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The meeting was good i feel good and im glad i went

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

The meeting was good i feel good and im glad i went

did u haev fun with ur sky fairies?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I once went to a meeting hall for that in a church.
It was to fix their a/c and I went lol nah.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I put gravy on my buscuits, goes good with sausage links, bacon, eggs

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

is AA overtly religious in the UK?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Do they allow anyone at the sex addiction group, or do you need a doctor's note?

I'm just thinking some of the girls there might want to grab a bite or need a ride home.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
AA is good because you can talk frankly about alcohol and addiction with other people going through the same thing who can relate to eachothers stories

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Do you think you could replace alcohol addiction with sex or video games?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Do they allow anyone at the sex addiction group, or do you need a doctor's note?

I'm just thinking some of the girls there might want to grab a bite or need a ride home.

A old smackhead at rehab was gonna go to the sex addicts group this week i'll find out from him. I think anyone can go but you might have to call an organiser to get told where the meeting is

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Do you think you could replace alcohol addiction with sex or video games?

I could do whatever really

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
AA folks got the best drugs.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Isaac posted:

I could do whatever really

I play video games for ~30 hours a week. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted because I dislike going any long periods of time without them, like I *need* them on a daily basis.

I do function well, have a job / wife / kids, so I'd highly recommend video game addiction.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I play video games for ~30 hours a week. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted because I dislike going any long periods of time without them, like I *need* them on a daily basis.

I do function well, have a job / wife / kids, so I'd highly recommend video game addiction.

Im trying to play space station 13 but the internets too slow!!!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Isaac posted:

Im trying to play space station 13 but the internets too slow!!!

Suck dicks to pay for better internet

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
This is Australia. You can't pay for better internet; you sometimes just can't just have good internet no matter what, depending on where you live.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is FTTP and its somehow shitter than the satelite internet i had before

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I had to goto an AA meeting as part of a substance abuse class in grad school. They all did The Lord's Prayer at the end and I politely walked out and they all looked at me like I was the devil but it was cause I'm a Jew. Welp that's my story op.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RagnarokAngel posted:

I had to goto an AA meeting as part of a substance abuse class in grad school. They all did The Lord's Prayer at the end and I politely walked out and they all looked at me like I was the devil but it was cause I'm a Jew. Welp that's my story op.

i always went to the bathroom so you might be more respectful.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Fo3 posted:

This is Australia. You can't pay for better internet; you sometimes just can't just have good internet no matter what, depending on where you live.

Well at least there aren't any venomous animals and giant insects / arachnids trying to kill you everywhere.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Replacing alcohol with God always goes well 🙄

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
There was a friendly bird hanging around today and i dug up some worms and fed them to it. Later a bird swooped me cause it was protecting its nest.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Well at least there aren't any venomous animals and giant insects / arachnids trying to kill you everywhere.
Yeah, there's that. Wait, nah you just only care about them when you're sober.
I'm trying to remember the place that I looked at the air con in the aa room. All I remember was it was down the road from the hyde park bar/hotel/pub with the big "Dan Murphys" liquor store in North Perth/Hyde Park.

E: I'm being a oval office, so I'm sorry isaac. What I really did want to ask you is do you have your job to go back to? Did you get leave or are you hosed as a casual? Can you get centrelink even in rehab or spending all days in AA afterwards? Asking for a friend.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I've been drinking heavily for the last hour, but no amount of ice tea seems to take the pain away.:(

• Locked thread