Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I loving love breakfast.

Eggs Benedict on an english muffin with home fries. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
black pudding is an essential part of any real breakfast

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Eggs Florentine....with bacon.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I sometimes eat the leftovers of dinner for breakfast

A bowl of grains

Or a hearty soup

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's a good meal, OP

did you make that yourself or buy it at a restaurant

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Eggs ketchuptine

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

yesterday's cold pizza and irn bru

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Ehud posted:

It's a good meal, OP

did you make that yourself or buy it at a restaurant

I'm a pretty good cook, but I cannot get hollandaise correct. So restaurant. Image is not mine, but that's what I had and it was awesome.

Some people I know eat donuts for breakfast, or don't eat breakfast at all. None of these people are my friends.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'll put ketchup on my eggs if they're just scrambled or fried, sure.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

tattie scone and lorne sausage

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
4 fried eggs with toast thanks

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
A sad lukewarm protein shake made out of water and whatever powder was cheapest at walmart

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A&W canada makes the best breakfast sandwiches. I want one now

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
I'm going to have some corn flakes with blueberries and probably some kefir

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Breakfast is good

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My favorite breakfast to date was an omelette that had like shrimp and crab and stuff in it. The best side is objectively hashbrowns or maybe homefries.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rice with flavored sand, burdock root, rotten soybean soup, and stinky fish. Yum!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My favorite breakfast to date was an omelette that had like shrimp and crab and stuff in it. The best side is objectively hashbrowns or maybe homefries.

I've never been big on the seafood / breakfast combo. The worst for me is the salmon / bagel / cream cheese. Cheese just doesn't go with fish for me at all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I've never been big on the seafood / breakfast combo. The worst for me is the salmon / bagel / cream cheese. Cheese just doesn't go with fish for me at all.

It sounded gross but it ended up being really good with some white creamy sauce on it.

Smoked salmon eggs benedict is a nice change of pace too.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
scrambled eggs w/ bacon, now it's time to hit tha gym

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Zippy the Bummer posted:

black pudding is an essential part of any real breakfast

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast

Yeah idk black pudding doesn't sound appetizing guys

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I always thought scrambled egg is the worst version of eggs (unless in an omelette). Especially if you make it the "gordon ramsay way" that every guy who thinks he can cook fancy food never shuts up about. It's not bad, but I don't like slimy food and his version is very creamy slime. It has to have at least some solid texture to it imho even if gordon would call it overcooked. He also hates spicy food so what does he know.

My egg tier list is: over easy > poached > hard/soft boiled > sunny side up > scrabble > raw

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I always thought scrambled egg is the worst version of eggs (unless in an omelette). Especially if you make it the "gordon ramsay way" that every guy who thinks he can cook fancy food never shuts up about. It's not bad, but I don't like slimy food and his version is very creamy slime. It has to have at least some solid texture to it imho even if gordon would call it overcooked. He also hates spicy food so what does he know.

My egg tier list is: over easy > poached > hard/soft boiled > sunny side up > scrabble > raw

:agreed:

Over-easy is top tier, and goopy undercooked scrambled eggs is gross. Like, you didn't finish cooking it. That's a big turnoff on a lot of foods.

"Hey guys, try my expert culinary method of cooking turkey where part of it is not done!"

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I've never been big on the seafood / breakfast combo.

Kippers are great

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I guess over-easy has an underdone yolk, but that's different because it's not gross to me.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

:agreed:

Over-easy is top tier, and goopy undercooked scrambled eggs is gross. Like, you didn't finish cooking it. That's a big turnoff on a lot of foods.

"Hey guys, try my expert culinary method of cooking turkey where part of it is not done!"

Dis:agreed:, scrambled eggs should be a little undercooked, otherwise it's dry and boring.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I guess over-easy has an underdone yolk, but that's different because it's not gross to me.

At least it's warm and has a different texture than a raw yolk.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Grevling posted:

Dis:agreed:, scrambled eggs should be a little undercooked, otherwise it's dry and boring.

Put cheese in them, and some cream when you whip them up. Now your eggs taste good, are not dry, AND are cooked!

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
b&g, baby

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

At least it's warm and has a different texture than a raw yolk.

Bacon dipped in an over-easy egg yolk is the food equivalent of finishing in Sasha Grey's rear end.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Anyone else like tater tots for breakfast? I have a bowl almost every day from the work cafeteria.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Anyone else like tater tots for breakfast? I have a bowl almost every day from the work cafeteria.

If I'm driving somewhere I like the burger king tater tots because the container fits in a cupholder and are much easier to eat while driving than awkwardly holding the mcdonalds slab in one hand and the wheel in the other

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I completed wrecked a delicious looking breakfast with really bad homemade hollandaise. :(

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

fishing with the fam posted:

I completed wrecked a delicious looking breakfast with really bad homemade hollandaise. :(

This is why I don't try any more, it all goes down the drain if you gently caress up the hollandaise, which is easy to do.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This is why I don't try any more, it all goes down the drain if you gently caress up the hollandaise, which is easy to do.

What? Hollandaise is easy as hell to make, just requires patience.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
everything omelets covered in hot salsa and biscuits and sausage gravy are the pro-est breakfast items

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

EX250 Type R posted:

everything omelets covered in hot salsa and biscuits and sausage gravy are the pro-est breakfast items

Just don't put mushrooms in my omelette or we have a problem.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I didn't eat an omelet until I was 25. Omelets are alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
4 cigarettes + coffee

• Locked thread