Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Milo and POTUS posted:

serve up sliced tomatoes as a side item and cover them in sea salt and a layer of fresh cracked black pepper. i mean just saturate them in pepper. its so good. cut them thick and eat your tomato slices like a slice of vegetable toast

I've been making huge bowls of cucumber salads every night with lemon juice and olive oil, maybe parsley and red onion and a little feta if I'm feeling fancy. It's good buy yeah I may need to mix it up soon because I'm starting to burn out.

Also today I'm here making breakfast for my cousin's family and there's not a single bottle of hot sauce or salsa anywhere in the house. Not one. How are these people even real.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zoe posted:

I've been making huge bowls of cucumber salads every night with lemon juice and olive oil, maybe parsley and red onion and a little feta if I'm feeling fancy. It's good buy yeah I may need to mix it up soon because I'm starting to burn out.

Also today I'm here making breakfast for my cousin's family and there's not a single bottle of hot sauce or salsa anywhere in the house. Not one. How are these people even real.

salsa is more of a lunch condiment

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rutibex posted:

salsa is more of a lunch condiment

:stare:

Have you not put salsa on an omelette before?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:stare:

Have you not put salsa on eggs before?

wtf why would i put anything on an egg? the egg is a condiment for dipping my toast, it doesn't need additional condiments itself

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rutibex posted:

wtf why would i put anything on an egg? the egg is a condiment for dipping my toast, it doesn't need additional condiments itself

You're dumb as hell.

This morning I had a prune pazcki from a Polish bakery nearby and a cup of coffee.
Pretty solid imo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rutibex posted:

I ninja edited it to omelette right after you quoted it.

Yeah, I don't put it on over-easy eggs. But on an omelette? Come on man. A southwest omelette with chorizo, peppers, etc. Gotta top that bitch with salsa.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I ninja edited it to omelette right after you quoted it.

Yeah, I don't put it on over-easy eggs. But on an omelette? Come on man. A southwest omelette with chorizo, peppers, etc. Gotta top that bitch with salsa.

over easy is a cowards egg. sunny side up or bust

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have to respect this man.

My sword (penis) is yours.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rutibex posted:

All eggs are good eggs, but I stand by you on this one. The only time I like an over easy egg is if it's part of a breakfast sandwich or on a burger.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I made my wife and kids sausage and cheese omelets this morning. The kids both declined salsa.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's good that you're letting them make their own mistakes.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm having an ice cold Capri Sun (orange)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Solice Kirsk posted:

All eggs are good eggs, but I stand by you on this one. The only time I like an over easy egg is if it's part of a breakfast sandwich or on a burger.

Don't egg discriminate.

Eat your breakfast. All eggs are good for you.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I made zesty eggs and cheese this morning it’s basically like eggs Benedict except instead of hollandaise it is a cheese sauce made with cheese milk mayo Worcester paprika salt & pepper.

So good

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Are we the cowards, or are the people too scared to flip their eggs for fear of breaking them the cowards?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I like to scramble my eggs and put things inside them.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I like Spanish style fried eggs. Crispy gooey fun times

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I made bacon then fried onions and mushrooms in the grease then made scrambled eggs in the clean pan and combined them all and now I feel kinda ill and also still need more protein

Breakfast is cool though

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

EX250 Type R posted:

I made my wife and kids sausage and cheese omelets this morning. The kids both declined salsa.

Sorry bout your milktoast spawn.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think that's technically grounds for legal abandonment

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i usually have a slice of peanut butter on toast and a couple of hard boiled eggs for breakfast on word days

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Are we the cowards, or are the people too scared to flip their eggs for fear of breaking them the cowards?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^ my god that was one of the best SNL segments ever

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

:boom:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

breakfast is still cool. biscuits and gravy are still delicious!

I broke w/ tradition and spiced this batch up w/ fresh ground chipotle & cumin and mexican oregano plus some dark carmelized onions left over from something that I need to use, plus a generous helping of fresh ground black pepper obviously, and it came out really good. Also, a shoutout to the sad, flat generic buttermilk biscuits from the food lion freezer section

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Just had some cheesy grits, bacon, eggs, and a shitton of fruit. I have probably consumed near 2000 calories for breakfast alone. I will not need to eat until dinner, and then it will be some small morsel. Breakfast loving rules.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I like to have 2 bowls of honey nut cheerio's and drink the double-infused milk afterwards.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Eggo waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup.

Cream of wheat with 2 eggs whisked in, loaded with excessive sugar and too much baking chocolate. Eaten with very badly burnt white toast.

I've eaten neither of these in more than 20 years, but sometimes I crave them.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Overcooked scrambled eggs, finely diced. None of that runny poo poo

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
BISCUIITS AND GRAVVVY BITCHES

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh this thread is back yay.

I uhh I'm not doing grains or potatoes anymore so breakfast is sad times for me now, but I will try to enjoy sausage gravy vicariously through these posts.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I lost my taste for eggs and bread and just dunno what to do anymore :smith:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Faffel posted:

I lost my taste for eggs and bread and just dunno what to do anymore :smith:

Hey it’s cool

Eat the congee

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I was out of biscuits but still had some gravy and some croissants so I made croissants and gravy.

I am thinking of opening a southern/french fusion truck with this idea, wish me luck

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

like a cigarette should posted:

I was out of biscuits but still had some gravy and some croissants so I made croissants and gravy.

I am thinking of opening a southern/french fusion truck with this idea, wish me luck

France has had no culinary influence on the south whatsoever before you made this dish. Crazy.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Sunny Side Up is the only way to eat eags. Scrambled is for children imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

WatermelonGun posted:

France has had no culinary influence on the south whatsoever before you made this dish. Crazy.

I think this food truck is going to blow a LOT of people's minds (and taste buds!)

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

WatermelonGun posted:

Hey it’s cool

Eat the congee

wisdom

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Babby breakfast sausage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

I know you're being sarcastic, but southern Louisiana would like to have a word with you regardless.

• Locked thread