Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!


Vivandrel

A night in a proper bed! How she had longed for that. Although she had some trouble finding sleep, once she did, it was wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that she had a hard time getting back out of this wonderfully soft and warm bed in the morning.

It seems like she's neither properly rested nor fully awake yet as she scours her surroundings as the cart stops. Her eyes narrow not to see better, but because her eyelids are still heavy, although she tries to hide that as good as she can. "Looks calm 'round here, doesn't it?"

Perception (Sight) vs. 48: 1d100 80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Donrod Brightgrip, Runesmith


Donrod only spends a little over half the night sleeping, but that's all a dwarf really needs. The rest of the time is spent with his scribing tools, some metallic paints, and candle light as he marks some signs of power into the side of his axe. He didn't sound very surprised when the others told him what they'd heard from the local prince. "Does this sound like corpse-eaters to anyone else? That means zanguaz about, mark my words. There'll be some hot work tomorrow."

In the morning, the runesmith makes sure to tromp well ahead of the group, az in hand and eyes open for all the good it will do him in this unnatural stand of wood.

since we have some downtime, I'll put some one-shot runes on my axe now that it's GC (it only takes an hour per rune) -- fury, flaming, and striking
perception 44: 1d100 46don't quite see anything

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Sir Guy

Sir Guy is actually paying quite good attention today, even without the aid of his horse. He has left the cart to the others to handle, and is happily riding along beside it.

"What is a zanguaz? Is that some kind of monster?" Guy has no idea what language that is, or if it means anything to the dwarf. But best to be polite, as he scans the area, ready for danger to pop out.

Guy's Perception: 16 vs Int 31 halved - a success on the dot!

The horse has: 43 vs 40 (Int 10, +10 training, +20 Keen Senses) Perception, fails unless this is hearing-based - it has another +20 for hearing-based stuff from Acute Hearing.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mariano Manzanedo

Mariano, for his part, is grateful in the end to get away from the conversation in the palace. Back at the inn, he finally feels able to speak freely.

"A zombi, I think, Ser." He gives Donrod a look, questioning; he doesn't speak Khazalid, but the word sounds similar enough. "I had reached that conclusion. Greenskins are not given to kidnapping and would be more obvious, and a piling as the peasants described does not suggest animals attacked the guardsmen. But if there were cannibals around, one would think they would be known of. Undead would account for the gnawing, and a commander of undead would be both canny enough to conduct a kidnapping and keen on keeping himself unheard-of." His face is somber. "I fear for the young man if a vampiro is involved. Such monsters have no good will for the living."

===

Despite the somber conversation, a good night's rest in a proper bed does wonders for Mariano's spirits, as does a quick jaunt to the market to secure some proper travelling supplies. The next day he is once more in his usual form as they near the ambush site. Loosening his sword in its scabbard, he takes note of Elise's scanning of the terrain, and turns his own practiced eye to the same. However, he is still following her lead, and as she is unsuccessful, so is he.

Perception, TN 34: 1d100 69

Purchases:

Best Quality Waterskin (4 gc)
Bottle of good wine (10 ss)
Rations, 2 portions (12 ss)
String of Garlic (7 pp)

Remaining money: 11 gc 1ss 233 pp

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Outside the Grove

The silence hanging around the grove almost drowns out the idle chatting about the undead as you make your approach. While the ride isn't smooth, Elise is able to avoid breaking any wheels or getting stuck in the mud, and so the cart trundles along behind the others. But despite almost everyone in the company trying to keep an eye out, everyone is either too tired or distracted to notice anything wrong. Except for Sir Guy, and more importantly Sir Guy's horse. The knight may have noticed the stench slowly building up in strength as they got closer, and may even have felt like he was being watched, but it is his trusty steed who hears the grass start to part, and rears up just in time to avoid a spear from an unseen attacker.



A guttural howl breaks the silence, as more attackers rush out from their hiding spots. Soon you are surrounded by almost a dozen Beastmen, with one standing head and shoulders above the others. He shouts in a language none of you understand, and two unusual-looking Beastmen, one with large hare-like ears and the other with a coiling tail, rush towards Sir Guy. However, there is hesitation in their movements, possibly due to their ambush failing, which gives you all a moment to act first. There is another howl from towards the grove, and any who look that way can see the sea of grass start to part. Another threat will join the battle shortly...


__________________
Concealment test vs 55 (I almost forgot the Rover talent adds +10 in rural areas): 48, so Sir Guy's horse got more degrees of success thanks to its acute hearing talent. Thanks to that, you guys are not surprised. I'm also not using the initiative system, so you guys get to act first, then the beastmen.

Enemies:
Bestigor [Leader]
Gors 1-8
Large Ear Gor
Tail Gor
Mystery Threat (arrives next turn)

There's no map, because everything is too close for exact positioning to matter. No one is in melee just yet, if you want to charge or use a ranged weapon. And while the (more) mutated gors are moving towards Sir Guy, anyone can choose to intercept them.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.


Roland Mohr

Roland starts slightly when the beasts emerge; he'd had been looking out for corpses and the undead, and somehow hadn't considered a living threat. His sneer is hidden under his ritual mask as he digs into his reagent pouch, pulling a nail made of cheap iron from within. He holds it before him, his voice rasping as he begins to chant in an arcane tongue, his robe beginning to flutter as shyish physically manifests itself around him. The nail hovers above his palm, spinning madly as aethyric energy pours into it.

The wizard's voice booms and echoes as if it were coming from within a deep tomb, the grass around him still in spite of the fluttering of his robes. "From nothing we all emerge, and from nothing we all return. Fear not the realm of Morr, for only tranquility awaits within his gardens; there is no pain, no sadness, no suffering, only eternal peace. All that we suffer in this mortal life is made naught upon passing Morr's black gates. Accept this, one and all, and fear itself will lose all power over you!"

WIth his speech done, he raises his voice once more, each syllable causing the aura of purple around the nail to thrum with power. Each word is punctuated with the death toll of a mystical bell, and with the final phrase, the aura explodes outwards, bathing Roland and his comrades with the power of Shyish; as the magic washes over the company, they feel their concerns and fears melt away, replaced only with an acceptance that all beings may die, but they will not suffer should they fall.

Mohr staggers, the nail falling to the ground as the spell finishes, smoking faintly. He breathes heavily, obviously drained for the moment from the exertion of his spell.

Spell takes 1.5 rounds, so this will be my action for this round AND next thanks to channelling.

Channeling vs 68: 1d100 68
+2 to cast from channeling, +2 from reagent
Acceptance of Fate, TN 14: 2d10+4 17
All allies within 30 yards gain the Fearless talent for 6 rounds

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2017 around 00:39

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Sir Guy

Sir Guy does not dismount as he smells the stench of evil. His warhorse, Laurent, easily avoids the spear, and Guy draws his blade, raising it high.

"CHAOS! To me, my shepherds! I'll hold them together - you lot pick them off!" The fact that he's about to be surrounded doesn't phase him. He is a Knight of Bretonnia, blessed by the Lady of the Lake, and can fight entire groups. He turns on the long-eared Gor first, charging in with his lance. It will soon be discarded for his sword, but a knight's lance is an excellent weapon for an opening. The Gor is, however, too fearful of the lance - it dodges away. Guy curses, as his horse rears up and kicks wildly, but also fails to connect.

Due to Virtue of Discipline, enemies get no WS bonus for outnumbering me in combat. First up: Charge attack on the Gor! Guy misses[url], which I find unacceptable so I spend 1 FP. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/558546]Miss again. Fine. Horse misses.

quote:

WS: 51(+5 Birth Sword) TB: 4 SB: 5 W: 14/14 FP: 2/2
Armor: 5 (All)

Lance: 1d10+1+SB, Impact first turn
Birth Sword: 1d10+2+SB

Laurent: WS: 30, TB: 4, SB: 4, W: 18/18

Hoof: 1d10+1+SB

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Donrod Brightgrip, Runesmith


Donrod seems unperturbed by the appearance of the beastmen, doing little but limber up his axe arm. "You know, zang, what comes out when you're cut, and guaz, to guzzle." Looking over the enemy, he seems to decide that the Bestigor is a suitable challenge, and charges in the slow but irresistible fashion of a dwarf. "You! I could use a new pair of boots!" Donrod's axe whistles as it arcs straight towards the beastman's head.

charge vs 61: 1d100 20, right arm head
axe damage: 1d10+4 12

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2017 around 06:03

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd





It's the reflexes that get drilled into a soldier that save their lives more than skill or courage, or the quality of their weapons. In this case it's the instant reaction Elise has to seeing a herd of Beastmen spilling out of the trees - drop the reins of the cart, draw and aim her firearm slightly below the distinctive ears of one of the Gor, and touch off the powder. The weapon roars, belches smoke and fire, and propels a chunk of lead straight into the forehead of the creature. Of course, beast-men have thick skulls and there's no guarantee that will put it straight down.

Elise Sterne

Firearm Attack Tail Gor +Aim TN 69: 1d100 1

Hit the Head

Firearm Damage: 2d10k1+5 14

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!



Vivandrel

The beastmen's appearance scare Lorandara for a moment - or rather their numbers do. However, Roland's words (and magic) chase that thought away quickly. A grin appears on her face. "Play time", she whispers.

As Guy charges, she tries to follow on foot, charging at the first best enemy she can get to. She jumps at one of the Gors, ramming her knee into the creature's chest. As the beastman staggers from that hit, she continues to wail on her prey with punches: a long straight punch with her left, then a right hook as she takes a step forward, a left hook to the stomach when she's in close and a vicious knee to the right side of the body to finish her flurry.

Charge to attack a numbered Gor vs. 55: 1d100 6
Natural Weapons Damage: 1d10+4 14
Ulric's Fury: 1d100 42 1d10 10
Ulric's Fury!: 1d100 37 1d10 4

A furious hit to the body for 28 damage!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gravy Boat 2k

Margot

Margot is caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of the beastmen, but that doesn't mean she's not prepared for a fight. As Guy goes careening off into combat, his adjutant produces a crossbow from under her cloak and drills an unoccupied monster in the arm. It's not a bad shot, for an accountant on the back of a horse.

Margot shoots her crossbow at an unengaged opponent, hits the right arm. Six raw damage.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mariano Manzanedo

"Oho! Now I do see." Mariano is cut off from offering his particular opinions on such monsters when a howl rends the air, and suddenly the hills are alive with beastmen! Mariano nods to himself. "Well, this answers our questions! Come, then!" He sizes up the situation, and inserts himself between the crowd encroaching on Guy and the form of the wizard, still caught in his spell. Out comes the rapier, flashing in the sword-salute of Diamanterra, and the Estalian's eyes light up.

"Greetings, demonios! Know that I am Mariano Manzanedo del Diamanterra, son of the Slayer of the Terror of San Luis, and it is by my hand that your blood shall stain the sand this day!"

He raises the blade and dagger, forming the triangle of steel, and all but daring any slovenly Beastman to come and dare attempt to match his expertise.


Taking what I think is a Parrying Action--anything that attempts to attack myself or Mohr is going to regret it.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Maruviel

Oh, for fucks sake. Beastmen were JUST what this place needed. Rural humans were bad enough, but at least they rarely tried to eat her. Almost never, really. Maruviel had never considered this a major point in their favour, but apparently fate was determined to convince her otherwise. She nocks an arrow on the closest thing to a proper weapon she had been able to find and aims at one of the approaching beastmen. A second later and the arrow is protruding from a gor's head, forcing her to admit the craftsmanship can't have been utterly horrible. Not up to proper elven standards, certainly, but at least it flew straight. She could only pray the rest of the bunch were no worse.

Aiming and shooting a Gor.
Miss. Am elf, this is unacceptabe.
Shooting, vs 54 fp reroll: 1d100 10 Reroll hits head.
Damage: 1d10+3 4 Not that it does much.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Help I can't get up I'm Gay


Attickus
Attickus ducks down in the wagon, hoping the walls of the vehicle will protect him from the view of those horrible beasts that are accosting them. How terrible! And he was just getting the hang of drawing in a moving wagon too. He practically screetches "Bearickus! Protect meeee". He of course meant for Bearickus to stay closeby and mostly safe from harm but after weeks of boredom the bear is having none of it. Bearickus rears up and roars, then charges for the nearest beastman.

Attickus peeks over the wagon edge when he hears Guys charge. Even though the beastmen manages to dodge the attacks, a real knight is charging into battle! This must be recorded for future! In fact it may be better that the beastmen dodged, it makes for a more tense and dynamic piece of art than a simple goring would.


BEAR CHARGE: http://orokos.com/roll/560027 = 22, http://orokos.com/roll/560033 = 10 damage to right arm I guess?

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Skirmish Outside the Grove

For however distracted they were moments before, the company is quick to take action once the threat of Beastmen is revealed. Sir Guy charges into the fray, and while he and his horse are unable to catch the rabbit-like Beastman, those large ears don't help the creature detect Elise taking aim. The gor is dead before it hits the ground, the bullet hitting right between its eyes. Vivandrel follows up, breaking almost every bone in another gor's body in a quick flurry of attacks while it was distracted by the gunshot. Sadly, the fight is not as one-sided as those two made it look, as Margot barely scratches a gor in the arm with her shot, and Maruviel's follow-up shot only manages to chip part of the gors horns, which seems to enrage it to no end. Before it can attempt to take revenge, however, Bearickus leaps toward the Beastman and leaves a large gash on the gor from Bearickus's claws. Donrod also manages to land a blow on the bestigor's arm, embeding his axe through the scavenged armor and tough, leathery hide. The bestigor barks out something in an unfamiliar language, before shoving the dwarf backwards and arcing its giant axe in a large sweep. Thankfully the attack only manages to clear some of the tall grass, and the bestigor has left itself wide open.

The remaining gors surge towards the company. The one with the tail readies its spear for another attempt against Sir Guy, trying to throw off the knight by feinting towards his horse before lunging up at the Brettonian's head. Two more gors notice Roland's spell and rush towards him, only to be intercepted by Mariano. Undeterred, they raise their axes and attack the swordsman from opposite sides. The gor being mauled by Bearickus desperately swings at the bear, but is too panicked to land a hit. Another two gors attempt to gang up on Vivandrel, but the image of what she did to the last gor she faced fills them with dread and they can only swing wildly in her general direction. The final two gors decide to attack those in the back, with one leaping onto the cart behind Elise and another trying (and failing) to cut down Maruviel.

The sound of thumping footsteps gets closer and closer, until a misshapen form the rough size of Bearickus leaps out of the grass. Covered in fur, its eyes merged together, and with a spiked tail trailing after it, there is little left to show what this mutant used to be, save the armor which it has bent and distorted with its massive body. But even with this monstrosity charging into the fray, Roland's spell prevents any of the company (or their horses) from so much as flinching at the mutant. Of course, that doesn't mean it's harmless...


___________________
Elise shoots the large-eared gor through the head, and Vivandrel just murders gor 8 (who failed to parry). Margot and Maruviel do a combined 1 damage after TB and armor to gor 3, with Bearickus doing 5 more damage (I just assumed you guys would focus fire on any gors that were wounded, rather than spread your damage out). Donrod manages to do 5 damage against the bestigor, due to it rolling a 38 vs 37 for its dodge.

On the attack, the bestigor makes an all-out attack against Donrod and misses, meaning it cannot parry or dodge for this turn. The tail gor attempts to feint but rolls a 51 vs the 40 it needs, so I don't think Sir Guy needs to make an opposed WS test? Either way, it makes a standard attack and hits the head for 13 damage (before TB and armor), unless Guy parries or dodges the attack (both have a -10 penalty due to the spear having the Fast quality).
One of the gors spends a full action to leap onto the cart with Elise and Attickus, the remaining six move towards a target and make standard attacks against 40, or 50 if they doubled up on someone:
Gors 1 & 2 vs Mariano: 25, 13, will do 10, 9 damage to left/right arm if not parried or dodged (Mariano gets two parry actions from parrying stance and an off-hand weapon)
Gor 3 vs Bear: 73, miss
Gors 4 & 5 vs Vivandrel: 70, 76, both miss
Gor 6 vs Maruviel: 46, miss

Bestigor is in melee with Donrod [has 9/14 wounds]
Tail Gor is in melee with Sir Guy
Gors 1 & 2 are in melee with Mariano
Gor 3 is in melee with Bear [has 6/12 wounds]
Gors 4 & 5 are in melee with Vivandrel
Gor 6 is in melee with Maruviel
Gor 7, Elise, and Attickus are not in melee yet technically, but can move within range on their turns without spending an action
Margot and Roland are not in melee
Mutant is not in melee yet, but will charge Sir Guy next turn if nothing changes

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd





Almost no time to register the kill. Certainly no time to reload. Just enough time to (carefully) drop the discharged firearm in to the bed of the cart, stand, pick up her halberd, yell "Sigmar and Norland!" and swing the heavy weapon with machine-like precision and efficiency at the Gor menacing Attickus. Her first blow is high, but the second catches the creature raising it's arm and bites deep into the muscle and bone.

swift attack, using the Impact/Slow setting of the halberd.

Swift Attack Gor 7 (2-1) TN 57: 2#1d100 68 25

1 hit, left arm.

Melee Damage Gor 7: 2d10k1+5 14

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Sir Guy

The tailed gor is fast, but Guy is faster, his shield coming up to catch the spear. "Not this time, beast!" He holsters his lance in the hanging hook for it on Laurent, drawing his sword for the melee. "Let me show you how it's done!" He swings in one clear and steady blow for the chest. Laurent, meanwhile, bites at the beast, but doesn't manage to strike.

Parry: WS 51(+10 shield, -10 fast) - 39, success
Attack: WS 51(+5 Birth Sword, +10 outnumber because horse) - 50, success, hits body for 15 damage. Only one attack, though - weapon swap is a half action.

Laurent aims and attacks: 30(+10 Aim, +10 outnumber) - 53, fail


quote:

WS: 51(+5 Birth Sword) TB: 4 SB: 5 W: 14/14 FP: 2/2
Armor: 5 (All)

Lance: 1d10+1+SB, Impact first turn
Birth Sword: 1d10+2+SB

Laurent: WS: 30, TB: 4, SB: 4, W: 18/18

Hoof: 1d10+1+SB

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gravy Boat 2k

Margot

Margot frantically reloads her crossbow, entirely glad not to be in the swirling mass of blades and fangs and claws with her liege.

Full round reload. Woo.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.


Roland Mohr

The wizard regains his composure after the spell, giving the Estalian a grin and a nod. "Many thanks, monsignor! I believe now it's my turn.." Roland yanks the iron scythe pendant from around his neck and holds it before him, whispering a short arcane incantation that causes the pendant to rise inches above his palm. As he mouths the words of magic, the scythe begins to spin, strands of purple magic fading into existence to engulf the iron pendant. In a matter of moments, the wind of Shyish manifests around the pendant as a scythe of solid amethyst energy, hovering and spinning slowly before the wizard.

Roland snatches the weapon from the air and gives it an experimental swing, the air hissing and crackling as the blade slices through it. Gripping it with one hand and his sword in the other, Mohr grins beneath his mask. He takes a half-step forward, bringing the blade around in an arc for the gut of the nearest beastman, the touch of the amethyst blade draining the life of the beast as it cuts through armor and hide.


Reaping Scythe vs 8: 2d10+1 14
Reaping Scythe - TN 8, half action, miniature iron scythe (+1)
-Spawn a scythe made of Amethyst energy. 1d10+5+SB, Fast quality, +10 to WS while wielding. Remains for a number of rounds equal to magic characteristic, and a +0 WP tests keeps it manifested afterwards.

Roland Attack vs 62: 1d100 17 1d10+8 11
Fast means the beastman is at -10 to dodge or parry.

Parry as a free action due to sword in off hand.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Donrod Brightgrip, Runesmith


Donrod spits on the beastman's feet (hooves?) as it misses him by a mile. "Pathetic! I can't believe the manlings fear your kind, beast!" he taunts, winding up a blow of his own.

all out attacking bestigor: 1d100 28
axe damage: 1d10+4 13

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mariano Manzanedo

"Oho, axes! But we already have a lumberjack!" Mariano's blade arcs out to the side, forcing the gors to turn their attention to him. "But with an axe you cannot hope to evade at distance, so--ha!" The main-gauche flashes, and one of the axe-blows is turned, digging into the dirt. "--even should you come at me at the same time, all I must--hm!" A twist of the arm and the second skates the length of the rapier, glancing off the burnished cup-hilt. "--do is adopt Estevan's fourth stance, and you must verily spit yourselves to hope to harm me!" Though that one would have taken another finger had I been a second late.

Roland's thanks makes him grin, and he turns from the gor attempting to unearth his axe. "But your blunder is greater still, for you have assumed that I guard a helpless naif!" He twists out of the way as the amethyst scythe slices through the air, and advances one step on the second Beastman, his rapier darting forward. "Truly you must see you are outmatched."


Parrying Rolls: 2#1d100 4 100
4 degree failure? That won't work. Spending a Fortune point.
Second shot at Parrying: 1d100 39
There we go.

Attack!: 1d100 15
Hit to the left arm...
Damage!: 1d10+2 4
For probably no damage.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.


Maruviel

Quickly slinging her bow on her back and drawing a foil and dagger off her belt, Maruviel makes a more-than-slightly hasty lunge at the beastman attacking her. The small light sword moves with impressive speed in her hands, though sadly the lunge stops inches short of the beastman. Hoping nobody saw her make a mistake so simple it would make any fencing master worth their title pummel you with a pommel regardless of your name, she resets her footing with much more care.

Drawing a foil (1d10+SB-2 damage, fast, precise) and a dagger as a half action.
Standard attack at Gor 6, Stabby stabby vs 41: 1d100 97
Free parry this round because of dual-wielding.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Help I can't get up I'm Gay


Attickus
The beastman lands on the edge of the cart with a terrifying crash. Attickus, who has up to this point been painting madly, seems to hardly notice until the beastman casts a very, very large shadow over his drawing board. He looks up ready to give a good scolding to whoever is blocking his sunlight and immediately screams girlishly once he sees the angry beastman looming over him. In a panic he flails his brush in the general direction of the beastmans face, splattering it with not an insignificant amount of paint while he desperately reaches for his throwing axe.

Bearickus hears Attickuses scream, but decides that his friend can probably handle himself while he finishes off the beastman.


WS BS S TN Ag Int WP Fel
33 46 49 41 34 27 42 39
Secondary Profile
A W SB TB M Mag IP FP
1 14 4 4 5 0 0 2/3

Paint attack! = 33 https://orokos.com/roll/564953 and hes preparing for a parry
Bear (all out) attack! = 71 https://orokos.com/roll/564980 = fail, using 1 fp
= 49 https://orokos.com/roll/564981 success!

Bear does 9 damage, https://orokos.com/roll/564984

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Almanya önde!
Bir başka hedef!
Sonsuz şef Löw için zafer!



Vivandrel

Her first target had gone down, but there were more to come and they were not waiting on her. Two other beastmen come at her swinging, but she can focus on dodging their attacks before launching her own. Once their wild swings seemed to get slower, she saw her opening, closing in with a spin kick and trying to follow up with strikes to the body. The gors are not completely wild in the bestial sense, though, and dodge away from Vivandrel's blows just as she had from theirs.

Attack Gor 5 vs. 45: 1d100 90 1d10+4 9

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Skirmish Outside the Grove

The runesmith's axe bites deep into the bestigor's thigh, and the burning rage in the creature's eyes diminishes somewhat. But instead of attempting to remove the dwarf's axe from its leg, it uses its remaining strength to bring its own weapon down on Donrod's head! Meanwhile, Sir Guy scores a telling blow against the Beastman with the long tail, and the gor staggers back, bleeding heavily but still able to fight as it aims its spear towards Laurent's legs. At the same time, the howling mutant rushes toward the knight before spinning around and swinging its spiked tail at Guy's mount, either still having enough intelligence to coordinate with the tailed gor or (more likely) just going for the larger target.

On the other side of the battlefield, Elise sinks her halberd into her opponent's arm, the Beastman's tough hide stopping her from taking the entire limb off. In a blind rage, the gor brings its axe up high, only to shudder and stop short as it drops its weapons. Stumbling, the gor reaches back with its one good arm and pulls out the tool of its demise from its back: a simple paintbrush. The Beastman gives one last incredulous look at the cowering painter before falling off the cart into the mud. In the background, Bearickus continues to maul his opponent, but the gor, barely clinging to life, manages to find an opening in between the blows and buries its axe in the tough body of the bear.

The wizard Roland and the duelist Mariano team up and are able to separate the gors that were attacking the Estalian, although one of the Beastmen was able to knock away the magical scythe before it landed, and the other received only a shallow scratch from Mariano's blade. The gor facing the wizard advances slowly, frightened by the magic weapon and discouraged by no longer having the advantage in numbers. Its "attack" comes nowhere near Roland, and looks more like the creature is trying to shoo the wizard away. The other gor, however, has had enough of Mariano's taunting, and attacks with all the strength it can muster as it swings its axe towards Mariano's arm.

A few feet away, Vivandrel fails to land a blow against either of the gors teamed up against her, which only encourages them to continue their attacks. One of the Beastmen makes an easily avoided strike, but as Vivandrel lightly steps away, the other brings its axe down towards her arm, hoping to sever the limb completely. At the same time, the other elf Maruviel mistimes her lunge; a mistake the gor doesn't pass up as it aims a strike straight for her head.


___________________________
Donrod does 6 damage after soak to the Bestigor, bringing it down to 3/14 wounds, but is unable to dodge or parry this round. Sir Guy takes the tailed gor down to just 2/12 wounds, almost killing it in one blow. Elise hits Gor 7 for 9 damage, and then Attickus finishes the job...with a paintbrush. I realized later that Xun just wanted to blind the gor with paint, but I had already rolled damage (treating it as an improvised weapon), and Attickus got an Ulric's Fury and hit for 13 damage. With a paintbrush. Then again, he is the third strongest member of the Crooked Shepherds (1st is Bearickus, 2nd is Sir Guy).

Bearickus does 5 damage to Gor 3, bringing it down to just 1 wound. Roland's attack is parried even with the fast quality (rolled a 12 vs 30), and Mariano's attack hit, but did zero damage. Both Vivandrel and Maruviel missed, and Margot has finished reloading.

For the Beastmen, the Bestigor continues trading all-out attacks against Donrod and hits the dwarf's head for 10 damage (before soak, and Donrod cannot avoid the attack).
Tail Gor aims then attacks Sir Guy, landing a hit to Laurent's left rear leg for 8 damage before soak.
The mutant charges in and tries to use Strike to Stun against Laurent, managing to hit and succeed on its Strength test. Laurent must pass a Toughness test (with a +10 bonus for each point of head armor) or be stunned for 2 turns.
The the six remaining gors all make standard attacks:
Gor 1 vs Roland: 84, miss
Gor 2 vs Mariano: 14, will do 12 damage to left arm before soak (can be parried)
Gor 3 vs Bear: 16, will do 14 damage to body before soak (cannot be avoided due to all-out attacking), since I don't think Bearickus has armor, the attack takes Bearickus down to 10/20 wounds
Gors 4 & 5 vs Vivandrel: 34, 56 (miss). Gor 4 will do 14 damage before soak(can be parried, since I'll allow natural weapon fists to count as having an offhand weapon available)
Gor 6 vs Maruviel: 40, will do 12 damage before soak (can be parried)

Status of enemies:
Bestigor: in melee with Donrod, at 3/14 wounds
Tail Gor: in melee with Sir Guy, at 2/12 wounds
Mutant: in melee with Sir Guy
Gor 1: in melee with Roland
Gor 2: in melee with Mariano
Gor 3: in melee with Bearickus, at 1/12 wounds
Gors 4 & 5: in melee with Vivandrel
Gor 6: in melee with Maruviel
Elise, Attickus, and Margot are not in melee.

Astus fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2017 around 02:07

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Donrod Brightgrip, Runesmith


Even with all the twisted creature's strength behind it, the Bestigor's axe only bounces from Donrod's helmet with a spiteful flash of rune-forged power. As the Dwarf barks a laugh and winds up again for what he hopes will be a killing blow, he gives the beastman his best, most Dwarfish sneer. "Oh, you'll have to do a lot better than that, hairy!"

With 7 armor and 4 TB, Donrod's not going anywhere soon.
still all outing the bestigor: 1d100 45
more axe damage: 1d10+4 14
well, we'll just roll that fury then
fury: 1d10 8

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.



Roland brings his sword up in time to catch the blow from the beastman, glancing towards the Estalian to see how he's holding up. With a grunt, he plants his scythe into the ground to press his attack with his off-handed sword, feinting and making the gor become defensive. All the while his lips move in a silent arcane incantation, his eyes blazing purple from beneath his mask. His main hand, free of his scythe for the moment, pulses a sickly purple, and as he distracts the beastman with a wild swing, he quickly reaches his hand out, placing his hand against the creature's bicep.

"Feel the drain of years, foul beast! The fate that awaits us all, bold and mild!" Roland pulls his hand back from the creature's arm, tendrils of purple energy burrowing into the muscle and moving down along the length of the creature's arm, a bright burn mark visible on the creature's fur. Roland snatches up his scythe and stands ready once more, watching the beastman's hand spasm and drop its weapon, its hand curling into a useless claw as its muscles lose all life and strength.

Casting Limbwither, which causes the target limb to act as if it's been severed for 2 minutes (12 rounds). The beastman effectively has one arm now, and suffers all penalties as such. I targeted his weapon arm so he should be disarmed (ha) now.

Channelling vs 68: 1d100 7
Limbweather vs TN 11 (+2 from Channelling, +2 from Reagent): 2d10+4 13

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mariano Manzanedo

Parrying: 1d100 19
Attack!: 1d100 96

Apologies for my massive sloth, I've been stuck in a motivation hole for like a week. In the process of digging myself out; in the meantime, I can at least get my rolls up even if I don't know what to say.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd





Elise looks incredulously at Attickus, then at the paintbrush embedded in the beastman, then back at Atticukus. She shakes her head and pulls the halberd free of the dead beastman with a grunt, breifly addressing the artist:

"Well ain't you just full of surprises? Keep it up and we'll get out of this yet!"

Before rushing to assist Maruviel. She bellows and strikes at the gor with renewed ferocity, hoping to drive it away from the elf.

Attack vs 67 (Gor 6, Charging, Numbers): 1d100 45

Attack is Slow and Impact, striking the Left Arm for Melee Damage: 2d10k1+5 14 Damage


I also apologize for being tardy, I've had a busy month.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Nov 27, 2017 around 04:36

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.


Maruviel
Maruviel deflects the crude but rather large and sharp thing coming at her face with the blunt of her sword just in time to see one of the humans nearly hack an arm off the gor. Timely help, which she absolutely did not need at all because she totally knew what she was doing and was completely in control of the situation. Realising that despite the blow it would deal to her ego it might be prudent to show some appreciation to the people removing limbs from things trying to hit you, she thanks Elise and hurriedly backs off. The human seemed more suited for the kind of messy, disarm-y environment anyway.

Parry: 1d100 22
I was going to fail at attacking again, but then I read that bastard ken's post. Disengaging as a full action instead, backing away 5 metres so I can go back to being useless helping with a bow instead of my tender face meats.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Help I can't get up I'm Gay


Attickus and Bearickus
Bearickus roars in pain, glaring furiously at the Gor that injured it. It rears back, preparing to strike a mighty blow against the creature that dared harm it when suddenly they both hear a pathetic girlish scream followed by an axe flying between them. "Get away from my precious bear-bear!!!!" Attickus shouts from inside the wagon bed. The tension broken, Bearickus shakes it head over its silly food-dispensing friend and casually swipes at the wavering gor, probably killing it.


Axe throw! and it misses https://orokos.com/roll/576137 = 31 vs 26
Bear attack! https://orokos.com/roll/576135 = 18 vs bear
Bear damage https://orokos.com/roll/576149 = 10

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


So, a lot of time has passed, as several players have mentioned they were too busy to post, and then I was too busy to update due to the holidays. As a quick check, how many of you guys would still be interested in continuing this game? Since we went into this game with nine players, I think it'll be fine if a few have to drop due to not having any more time/interest for the game.

Also, I think I made a mistake in how many beastmen I threw at you guys, I wasn't aware of how durable they are. Since the Bestigor is definitely dead, I can either have most of the beastmen flee to make things more manageable, or we can skip to the end of combat if you guys prefer.

And if there aren't enough players staying around to continue the game, that's fine. PbP's don't last very long, but hopefully you guys had some fun with this game.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Keep going as long as we have like four or five people. Casualties happen in places like this, right?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



yeah I'm still in, and would like
the game to continue

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Help I can't get up I'm Gay


im in too

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


yes, but after the holidays

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

I'm in it to win it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


I'm up for continuing. I think nine people was seriously slowing the game down, though, and I'd be willing to drop to improve the speed since I know I haven't been the most timely poster.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008


Skirmish Outside the Grove - End

For what could have been a disastrous ambush, the end of the fight with the Beastmen is almost completely one-sided. Elise's halberd separates a gor's arm from its body, and the creature thrashes around on the ground until it bleeds out. The gor trapped underneath Bearickus doesn't fare much better as the bear rips it apart, while Roland's magic causes another Beastman's arm to wither away while it stares in abject horror. Any desire the Beastmen had to seek revenge for the harm they've suffered immediately dissipates once Donrod's axe manages to cut clean through the bestigor. The herd's leader gurgles out something in their dark speech, before making what is probably an obscene gesture at the dwarf before expiring.

The rest of the gors scatter into the tall grass, fleeing in blind panic at the sight of Roland's magic and the death of the bestigor. Only one last foe remains: the hulking mutant. Seeing the others flee, the mutant raises to its full height...and sits down in the mud, its eyes staring dumbly straight ahead. With the mutant no longer thrashing around, the company is able to see that it wears a gem-studded amulet, but why would a random mutant following a Beastman herd have something that expensive looking?

Roland: Even without focusing your mind on the currents of magic, you can feel the amulet's power, and its danger. It would be an extremely bad idea to touch it, let alone wear it, but you can't make out what its true purpose is with just a casual glance. But perhaps some things are better left unknown...

The amulet is not the only thing to stand out among the mutant's possessions. The shattered remnants of armor hand loosely from its body, similar in style to the guards from the town. And its "fine" clothing (or what passes for fine clothing in the Borderlands) it wears underneath the armor is also strangely familiar. After a few moments, it hits you: it's the same style that Gustav wore, the man whose son you were searching for.

...Oh. Well, mission accomplished? There's still a lot of unanswered questions, like how Johan became a mutant or how he ended up with those Beastmen, but the job was to find Gustav's son and possibly return him. Although, perhaps bringing a live mutant into town might not be the best of ideas.

___________
Right, let's see if there's still some life in this game. I'm not sure what to do about those who haven't said if they were still in or not, but that still leaves six players remaining.

I wrapped up the fight, but you guys still need to decide what to do with mutant Johan, the amulet (go on, touch it, it'll be fine), and whether or not you want to search the grove the Beastmen were presumably using as a hideout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion


Donrod Brightgrip, Runesmith


As he powers through the beastman with a killing blow, Donrod lets out a self-congratulatory warcry. "Hoo-tah! Kazukhan Grahuka!" Winding down and bouncing his axe on his shoulder, he joins the others with a spring in his step. "Now that was worth the walk. Too bad the beasts were too cowardly to stick around." Examining the mutant and the amulet it wears with a critical eye, he fishes around in his pack for a hammer before deciding to not to dirty his tools when an axe is handy. "Best to smash that thing. Serves the fool manling right for putting on strange jewelry. You lot think the armor will be proof enough of a heroic death at the hands of the spawn of darkness, or whatever manlings like to tell themselves?"


Donrod votes to kill the mutant and smash the amulet before looting the camp and lying to his father.

  • Locked thread