Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well, game feels different. But I'm finding it easier to score so that's good I guess. However, the demo hasn't really convinced me to pick it up on release day.
The quick substitutions are a great addition though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I can't swap players from my subs to my starting line-up. I can only swap them for loan players for some reason?

EDIT: never mind, I'm an idiot. Apparently you have to select a loan player and then a kit. And then you can start changing your team.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 20, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's insane you already have an IF player before the game is even released

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This is all I can come up with without playing the game :)
Just daily login packs and the SBC tutorial thing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, he doesn't even check what's in the packs. Just looking at the first player and then sending everything to club.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Did you all pre-order the digital version or something like that? If I go to the transfer market on the web app, it tells me I need to access the game on my Ps4 first.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The app got an update! And it still didn't fix the transfer market stuff :downsgun:

LastDeadMouse posted:

If you are going to get into trading this year, try to always make sure that the cards you are picking up are "fresh" i.e. unused cards. Loads of autism morons will pay a substantial premium for "fresh" cards lol.
Lol what the gently caress?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just had this insane game, I only allowed 6 goals in my first 5 games and then I had three games that were like this

https://youtu.be/NOF75ESRm_w

What's that defender doing round the 6:55 mark.
Also, what kit are you wearing? Palermo away or something?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

drat, looks like everyone is doing well this year, I checked people's records who I'm friends with and like I think Hopterque and Taff hadn't lost yet and Tzen had some crazy record too

Wait till I get the game this Saturday or w/e :cool:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, the store was selling fifa today so I picked it up. Now to find the time to play it :confuoot:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, I've just played FUT on my PS4, but the web app and the phone app both say: "Keep playing FUT on your PS4 to acces the transfer market". That's annoying.

Oh, and somehow I got a playstation kit for my FUT team and it's awesome. So ugly it wraps around to cool again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

drat, looks like everyone is doing well this year, I checked people's records who I'm friends with and like I think Hopterque and Taff hadn't lost yet and Tzen had some crazy record too

I lost my first game 0-4 :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lmao I'm just awful. 7-2 now. Defending is so hard
EDIT: and now I scored 8 goals. Keepers are atrocious in this game lol

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 28, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Still can't access the transfer market from my phone app, despite buying and selling a ton of players on my ps last night. What am I supposed to do at work now EA???

EDIT: some googling tells me this is probably because I didn't play FUT in 18. Lame

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 29, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What formations do you guys use?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
If someone's looking for kits, you can buy a pack in the store that's created by the artists on the soundtrack. Some real special things in there :staredog:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

sexpig by night posted:

is that the preorder bonus with stuff like the tv holding pattern looking design?

No, I don't think so. It's stuff you can buy in the catalogue. No idea what level you have to be to unlock it.

EDIT: turns out it's that yeah

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 30, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Poppy Nogood posted:

Anyone on PS4 still not able to manage transfer market activity with the Companion app? Despite already selling players on the market with the horrible console UI, the app says "Continue playing FUT 18 on PS4 to unlock access to the Transfer Market"

e: the internet is telling me that there's no set requirement, and if you just keep playing it will randomly unlock :histdowns:

Yup, same here. Some say you have to play 10 matches, others say 30. And then other people say you had to play FUT in Fifa 17 to access it. Pretty annoying

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, the stupid web app is still broken for me. drat you EA

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

soggybagel posted:

E: also the app is still not letting me use the market despite the fact that I have in fact played the game.
Same, and it's pissing me off. Using the transfer market on PS4 is so annoying. By the team you submit your bid, someone has already outbid you :rolleyes:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Packed Rudiger in a daily challenge reward pack. Sold him for 16k, which surprised me, because his stats aren't that good. But :shrug:

EDIT: by the way, I contacted support since I still can't access transfers on the app and got this response:

"Dear Customer,

We have received your message regarding the action taken on your account.

EA's Terms of Service team are looking into this issue and will respond once the matter has been fully investigated according to our internal policies.

In order to thoroughly examine the matter there may be a delay in responding, however we will endeavour to provide you with a resolution in a timely manner.

Please note we are currently experiencing high volumes and this may result in a minimum delay of 72 hours. Please do not submit further appeals as this may reset your place in the queue. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

EA Terms of Service"

:downswords:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 1, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Do you have to update the icon cards or something? Like, is it impossible to get the 94 rated one if you don't have the 92 rated one?

Also lol that I'm glad that I got 16k for a player and you're talking about buying oen that's a million+ coins.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Elliptical Dick posted:

Anybody know how much this 'fresh card premium' is? Been trying to find it on reddit and other places but no dice.

Maybe you can find more info on autism.com?
Seriously, I really don't understand why someone would pay extra for a 'fresh card'.
But then again, I saw another post telling everyone to wait a couple of hours before opening a pack for ~reasons~

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

LastDeadMouse posted:

On top tier cards its around 5-10%. Main thing is that a lot of the guys who buy legends and high tier informs won't touch a card if it's not "fresh." When you are trying to flip those types of cards the unused ones move wayyyyy faster.

Reminds me of this:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Seltzer posted:

Apparently a patch dropped today to nerf shooting, up keeping and add in better net physics.

Just played and didn't see any patch.

This is my Ligue 1/France squad atm:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=hXnvGoSFnMVxZ:FFA18PS4

Any suggestions for cheap players that can improve it? I only have around 35k coins at the moment.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You might be interested in guilavogui, ruffier, Perrin, koscielny, Mathieu, Germain

Cool thanks, I'll check them out. I don't really follow ligue 1 so I have no idea who plays there.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I still can't acces trading through the app and it's pissing me off! And there's nothing I can do about it, except whining about in here! Aaaahhhhh

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Then don't sell him. It's a game, not your stock portfolio or w/e :sax:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have 2 words for everyone with a Ligue 1/France squad: Ben Yedder. He scores when he wants.

EDIT: can someone tell me why I managed to sell this 51 rated defender for 1.600 coins? I know it's not that much, but still, I wanted to quicksell him for like 30 coins but then thought: meh, let's just list him.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 5, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I really like how the ball is more an indepedent object compared to 17. In 17 the ball always seemed to be stuck to your player or a defender. Now it seems a lot more random, but in a good way. If you hit a hard pass and a defender intercepts it, it'll still bounce away from him. Same when you try to control the ball etc. Passing could be tweaked a bit more, but overall I'm really enjoying 18.
By the way, I don't get why people are complaining about the opponent indicator. When you play FIFA with friends on your couch, you can always see what player they are controlling. It's really not a big deal, I mean, you could tell most of the time without the indicator too.

Oh, by the way, I really enjoy squad battles. It's nice to be able to play offline against different squads and still get decent rewards. When do you get those rewards anyway? Is it like a weekly thing and then you get reset to Bronze 3? Or do you keep your rank?

And on a final note, the BPL tax in FUT is crazy. Emre Can somehow selling for 6-7k, while he's a totally average midfielder? A player with comparable stats in Ligue 1 for example would only cost half as much.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Churchill posted:

You should try the Co-op camera, it gives you an ever better overview.

Yeah, I think I use this, zoomed out asked much as possible.

And the daily and weekly challenges are pretty cool, but I thought you'd get an extra reward if you completed them all. But apparently you don't. I BIN 15 rubbish players for nothing :downs:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Seltzer posted:

When you play fifa with your friend they aren't tryharding 100%. They also won't play negative counter attacking football and pass the ball around the back while looking to pass around the user controlled players in order to grind out a 1-0 win.
Looks like someone needs new friends :smuggo:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Seltzer posted:

the POTM one? No it's only worth it if you do the whole thing to get Mane, which is still too expensive. The Keita one is good. I packed IF Meunier and Matic from that.

Lol, you weren't kidding. I only did the first one and got IF Kane :fap:

EDIT: and Danijel Milicevic in the same pack. The best player in the team I watch live every week :) yay!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just a heads up: one of the weekly challenges this week is to score 10 goals with a Bundesliga player. The reward is a cool Oktoberfest kit.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Seltzer posted:

Very nice. Moses Simon has been outrageous for me every year and I've begun building a Belgian Pro league team around him again..

Could you share your Pro League team? I'm curious who is in it.

Also, I just slotted Kane in my League 1 squad, because I don't want to build a Premier League squad around him.
This is what it looks like right now: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/110492

He's pretty great. 3 goals and 3 assists in 2 games. But to be honest, I don't really notice that much difference between him and Ben Yedder for example. Even though he costs 50 times as much. I'll try him out some more but then probably sell him and replace him with someone who fits better in the team.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's not really surprising given that with 4 individual chem he has worse stats than Ben Yedder with 10 chem -
http://www.futhead.com/compare/c1i4t100p48553y18c1i10t100p6902y18/

Edit: whoops I misread the comparison, well, Ben Yedder is still better in some departments...

Yeah, I was going to ask this. Does the individual player chemistry actually make a difference? I thought as long as your team had 100 everything was fine.
I could pair him up with Giroud, that would improve his chemistry. I'll test it out and see if I notice a difference.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The low cross is pretty great too this year. I've scored some nice goals with that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, the R1 cross. I've done some really great ones, between the keeper and last defender, leaving my player to just tap it in at the far post. But if you mistime them, they get cleared really easy.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Do you guys use those chemistry styles? I just keep most players on default, unless I have something laying around in my club. But I was looking on the market and: a) there are a ton of them and b) of course those who affect speed are really expensive.
So I was wondering, do you notice a difference with certain chemistry styles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I can't open my Squad Battle rewards on the app. Now I'll look forward to that all day at work and the disappointment will be that much bigger. Thanks Obama EA.

• Locked thread