Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quick subs is a thing I never thought about but is drat cool since you mostly know during a match who to change (more so in career mode). Now, can you change formation on the fly? Because that would gently caress a lot of people online. You start with let's say a 4231 and you swiftly swap to a 41212 with the quick subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

frameset posted:

Well PES is better.

In what? I'm curious to know since I owned both PES2017 and Fifa17. Played both demos and is still the same, PES ball physics are poo poo and through balls are stupid good. At least the animations got bit better but the keepers are still hilarious robots.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've played every PES on PC since PES3 and played 2017 on PES4. I made the jump from mainly PES to Fifa around Fifa 09 but kept playing konami's every year just to notice how clunkier it was compared to Fifa.

I still have PES5 and 6 installed on my PC because they're good. They're old by today's standard but at least gameplay is fun. Most PES fans will defend it and say Fifa is poo poo but provide no actual points like "fifa is too easy! it takes no skill! handicap!" while they oversight that konami every year has been cutting on licenses, reusing animations since PES2008 or putting detail in like 20-30 faces and call it a day.

All of this come from someone that usually plays both games alonside and even liked 2017 enough to get it for dirt cheap just for a bunch of local matches with friends.

Sure, FIFA online stuff effort goes to FUT but you have Pro Clubs and offline manager has more options and depth than PES manager.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

He seems to suffer from Stockholm syndrome coming here so everyone can mock him.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Tell us more about your entry-level BMW you nitwit

God, that series of posts were laughable. Like his car.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Who knows, maybe EA fucks the game so bad that it makes PES more desirable. I ended playing more PES this year and hardly touched Fifa since 09 when it started to be drat fun. Hell, I even poped Fifa 13 last week for a few matches. Forgot how fun was Dortmund that year.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I kind of burned with FUT in Fifa 17 and only enjoyed playing pro clubs with eurogoons (aside from manager mode). Fifa 18 was kind of weird in a way I can't explain and barely touched mp and only three seasons in manager while PES2017 and 2018 with patches (PS4) was drat fun in local play with friends and I'm even playing weekly sessions of a manager with other two coworkers (couch play) and liking even the jank. I'd love that a 3rd developer tried to make a game so both EA and Konami started again to compete insteas of cutting content and just focusing on their card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not gonna lie, I'll get Fifa 19 but this time not at launch but a month after and snag a 2nd hand copy on PS4 so, in case of sucking can trade it while on PC It'll just sit at my origin library forever.

• Locked thread