Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maduin
Mar 4, 2003
or any number of VPNs that market themselves specifically for that purpose? (i.e. Mullvad, AirVPN, ProtonVPN)

Edit: I've been using Algo for months, and it's really fantastic. I do a lot of work out of coffee shops, and it's good to know I'm using a VPN that I control, not just funneling everything I do into someone else's black hole.

For those that are looking to circumvent censorship (something Algo specifically notes that it's not designed for), an alternative self-controlled option is Streisand. It's not as clean as Algo (it sets up a ton of poo poo besides just a VPN like a Tor relay, etc.), but it does include/do a bunch of stuff Algo doesn't.

maduin fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread