Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hi I've been needing a VPN solution for a while and thought I would give algo a try. I got stuck maybe halfway through everything.

I got to the part where my algo server was running basically.

So I went to this link https://github.com/trailofbits/algo/blob/master/docs/client-windows.md

to try and set up access to it through windows. I tried to follow the installations instructions but got confused.

Steps 1-4 using Powershell had really confused me. I wasn't able to find the locations of the algo files either...

if you can offer your advice I would appreciate it, I'll be trying to work on this this afternoon.

edit: I managed to fix my issue after doing to my research into trusted certificates store. I'm happy to say algo works!\

was there a particular country I should have set my IP address as if I wanted to P2P file share? )

lets burn fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Boris Galerkin posted:

(I’m assuming this is what you mean by “p2p file sharing” because if it was 100% legal than why would you care what country? You’d just pick a data center physically close to you for the reduced bandwidth.)

Well thanks for letting me know. I guess there's no secure way to share files anymore? I just don't like having these giant ISPs monitoring me.

• Locked thread