Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Asking a probably stupid question that may have been asked before, because I'm out of the loop on this one: What's your opinion on gaming for linux, and what's the real difficulty making games linux compatible/making linux games from a dev perspective? If it wasn't for gaming, I would absolutely be using linux on most of my home computers, but gaming and linux seems an impossible combination and I don't see why that doesn't change. Not that I'm expecting it to. I'd love your opinion on this as actual computermen. Haven't looked at this for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Thanks for the answers, folks, that's good to know. I figured there would be profits-per-effort related issues, but I see now there's a lot of technical issues as well, particularly with the various OS's (I would have figured picking a distro and sticking with it, but as you say that wouldn't really solve the problem). Guess it's not gonna change either any time soon.