Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Depends on the studio, but we also use JIRA. I've been places that used TTP, Hansoft, perforce, and others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Could you get a breakdown of what exactly these PR/Marketing services get you? I think it would be easier to gauge based on that.

The math you're talking about is typically the land of paid media, where you spend money to buy traffic and then measure your spend against your uptick in sales. I'm not a paid media expert so I can't tell you if its worth it with a smaller budget, especially after the IDFA changes, but that's one thing this company might be offering. Other channels are usually more subjective, and might be a better bet for you, but require some form of prior relationship. Getting your game included in a game steam, podcast, or featured on some youtube channel for example. This service could have those sorts of connections, or you might just be paying for them to do that sort of outreach for you.