Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
I wanted to use UE4 to make a multiplayer fps game [based on an old quake mod, probably like 12-16 player matches at most]

But, it feels like every single UE4 game I play just has framerate issues, stutters, instability, and just never feel good to play. And then I wonder, is it these developers, or is there something inherently wrong with the engine?

I honestly wish there was a Source2 or modern id tech for indie devs to use. Source and id tech games always just feel good, have super stable framerate, "feel" good, can't quite clearly explain it.

I played Star Marine and I loved the visual fidelity and "feel", and although my framerate still wasnt super stable like playing a source game, it still felt a lot better than any UE4 games I played.

So now I'm looking at Lumberyard but like theres no community for it and it seems like the only people developing for it have HUGE budgets, like Star Citizen and Everywhere. I don't know if I should wait for Source2 to materialize ever [lol valve] take a harder look at UE4, or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAB
Jan 18, 2011

Hughlander posted:

You mean like Fortnite and PUBG?

never played fortnite but pubg, realm royale, squad, and insurgency sandstorm