Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Firgof posted:

Visual Novels: Presently 'Visual Novel Maker' unless I need a very gameplay-element-heavy VN, in which case I use Unity.

Can you recommend any Unity add-ons/tutorials/etc. that you've used for VNs? I'm currently writing a VN-style adventure game where the player interacts with other characters not by directly choosing from a list of appropriate responses, but rather by making short phrases from an inventory of words that they always have available. (I'm also considering other gameplay elements for some scenes but that may or may not be within scope.)

I'm definitely not married to using Unity if there are better tools for the job - it's just the engine I'm most familiar with (admittedly this is not saying much, relatively speaking) and I know it'd be flexible enough for what I want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GC_ChrisReeves posted:

Genuine question. What is your commute like and what do you do on lunchbreaks?
Tell me about the not-work related aspects of your job.

My commute is about 35-40 minutes on the train, with roughly 40 more minutes' walking to/from stations. I listen to a lot of podcasts. Three days out of the week I get up extra early and hit the gym; there's a fitness center in my building, but I go to a different place because I like to exercise before work and it doesn't open early enough. So there's about 10 minutes' more walking on those days.

For lunch, I bring my own from home four days out of five. On Fridays, a bunch of the English speakers on staff usually go out for lunch to kvetch about the week. There's a bunch of pretty decent restaurants and takeout places nearby. There's a cheap lunch delivery option that a lot of my coworkers use but I don't because while it would be convenient, it usually doesn't look super good.

With the rest of my lunch break I usually take a walk/run minor errands or play games by myself or with coworkers (usually me getting destroyed at Tekken). This past week I've been participating in a company game jam, though, so a lot of lunch time's been going to that.