Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

CodfishCartographer posted:

Well this is a thing that happened.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/pre-launch-update

It's real surprising that they cut off such a huge planned revenue source so last-minute. Obviously it's more likely than not that it'll be reimplemented, but still surprising.
May have something to do with this: https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/

Bob Iger had a phone conversation with EA's CEO today. Which may have consisted of Iger saying "I'm getting calls over this poo poo and if you damage our brand you'll never make another SW game again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
For anyone that does game writing, is there a program or method you use for complicated dialogue chains? I'm doing a thing in Dreams with a conversation that's several levels deep and I'm literally using pen and paper, lol. NBD because it's Dreams but something a bit less clunky would be nice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ooh, neat, thanks!