Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Gerblyn posted:

Sure, but the problem is you guys aren't actually providing much in the way of counter arguments. It's all very well to say things like "You can't prove the data is correct" and "Companies have made mistakes in the past", in fact it's perfectly valid, but what is your evidence that this data in particular is wrong?

I'm not trying to say that you guys are necessarily wrong, or that we're necessarily right, I'm just saying that you guys need to provide your own arguments because it feels all you're doing is attacking ours.

That the data is nonfalsifiable and of questionable utility is the counterargument. That you stipulate these things is a problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

hackbunny posted:

Any idea why in the 90s so many non-Japanese games, even high profile games, hired absolutely terrible concept and cover artists? Amateurish linework, janky anatomy, abysmal coloring etc. I say non-Japanese because I'm left with the impression that the Japanese hired actual professionals instead of comic book industry rejects

its that thing where a bad artist (rob liefield) got successful despite being categorically awful at every aspect of his job except one can only assume he reliably made deadlines, and then everyone in comics started copying the thing that was successful despite nobody particularly liking it very much, and then non comics copied an rear end-thetic that was everywhere in comics when going for "That Comic Book Look"

Also you spend less money on art when you spend money on a poor man's liefield.

also

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Or maybe because they had a much larger comic book industry with way more rejects.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

I am noticing the throughlines that

--Steam is awful and margins are thinning
--While the struggle is real all over, the USA is an absolute hell nation

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Cyster posted:

Similarly, I was a CM for WoW back in the day, and I've kept up on engagement off and on for other projects I've worked on. I'm not incredibly up on latest practices, but I can talk philosophy easily enough.

Is there any relationship between your former job and your current avatar on the somethingawful forums? If yes or no, why does that relationship definitely exist now in the present year?