Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

my old 3ds broke so i'm gonna buy one of these by the time new pokémon comes out but both colors look so cool, idk what to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

goferchan posted:

my old 3ds broke so i'm gonna buy one of these by the time new pokémon comes out but both colors look so cool, idk what to get

how many pokemon are there now, anyway? i haven't picked it up sense i beat emerald and lost interest in fire-red.

Soral
May 30, 2009

there are 802 pokemon, not including mega evolutions or alolan variants

Soral
May 30, 2009

also i started a fusion mode game and was disappointed to see that the only change is enemies hit you harder. a charging alpha metroid deals over 200 damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you need an amino for fusion mode

Edit: amiibo

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Do you need an amino for fusion mode

Edit: amiibo

You do but regular hard mode(double damage) unlocks after beating the game. Fusion is like quad damage or something.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Soral posted:

there are 802 pokemon, not including mega evolutions or alolan variants

huh, i expected a higher number. maybe i'll pick up the new one when i have money to burn on a 2ds and a switch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Queen Metroid fight is friggin epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, am I a moron, or is there some post-final boss upgrade that will let me get past red spikes and the uhh crystalline formations. Because there's quite a few upgrades hidden behind stuff like that and I tried a lot of different stuff to try and break them. I thought it would be power bombs but they don't seem to do anything.

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

Also, am I a moron, or is there some post-final boss upgrade that will let me get past red spikes and the uhh crystalline formations. Because there's quite a few upgrades hidden behind stuff like that and I tried a lot of different stuff to try and break them. I thought it would be power bombs but they don't seem to do anything.

red spikes: drop a power bomb beneath you while you're in the spider ball. crystals: stand near them while the baby is following you

Soral
May 30, 2009

the crystals thing is tutorialized for you pretty much immediately after you get the ability to bypass them, but the red spikes thing is never touched on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

red spikes: drop a power bomb beneath you while you're in the spider ball. crystals: stand near them while the baby is following you

ty. im gonna pop out from this final area and go get some upgrades because im getting my rear end kicked

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The full melee counter on the queen where You roll into her after pulling her down with the grapple for a power bomb blast is gnarly as hell with the camera angles they use.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ended up perservering with my current loadout and now im working on 100% before leaving the planet. This game kicks rear end and Im gonna do a Hard Mode Run and then wait a few months to see if anybody finds some sick 'sploits and if there's any speedrun potential for it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does this game seriously not have the speed booster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No it doesnt sadly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has a pseudoreplacement with one of the Aeion techs that is pretty cool at least.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I kinda got my full of speed booster and shinespark challenges in AM2R, so I'm honestly glad they went in a different direction here. The new abilities and their interactions allowed for puzzles that we've never seen before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. This is the first time I actually liked using a Grapple Beam in a 2D metroid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new final boss is awesome as hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seems like the endings are only determined by speed and not completion rate, which is a little lame.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Seems like the endings are only determined by speed and not completion rate, which is a little lame.

The completion rewards are gotten in a weird way. You have to load up your clear file and go into options.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

The completion rewards are gotten in a weird way. You have to load up your clear file and go into options.

Yeah I saw that Lore. If they make good on the post-credit tease and make a Fusion 2 after this I will be so pissed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Yeah I saw that Lore. If they make good on the post-credit tease and make a Fusion 2 after this I will be so pissed.

I think it's more likely they will do a game about The rogue warrior chozo shown in the 11th lore image before they go back to fusion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

I think it's more likely they will do a game about The rogue warrior chozo shown in the 11th lore image before they go back to fusion.

That could be good for some bounty hunting. Maybe that's what Prime 4 will be about

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did you manage to pull off the melee counter on the new final boss? it's so sick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't figure out if there was one. When can you trigger it?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I couldn't figure out if there was one. When can you trigger it?

In the third phase when the baby metroid gets a bit of health off him usually immediatly after that he does the melee flash and lunges at you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just tried to buy this but my local Gamestop was sold out. I guess that's a good sign for the popularity of the game, my hometown isn't that big

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I bought a digital copy off SA-Mart. It looks like a fun game, and I'm excited to adventure as Samus again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard mode is pretty good, but I wish it did the thing ZM did with tweaking upgrade amounts. But it's already pretty limited compared to previous entries anyway (3/1/1 for Missile/Super/Power Bomb) and the damage increase makes up for energy tanks. Blazing through these first areas now that I can control samus better, the non-Metroid bosses are going to be rough.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
So it looks like the verdict is the new 2D Metroid game pwns and they didn't gently caress it up? I'm relieved despite still hating the way it looks but maybe it grows on you when you play it. Prolly gonna pick this up tonight or tomorrow

Soral
May 30, 2009

i feel like the amazing backgrounds with incredible depth makes up for the lackluster graphics in other areas. some rooms genuinely look incredible with the 3d turned on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i feel like the amazing backgrounds with incredible depth makes up for the lackluster graphics in other areas. some rooms genuinely look incredible with the 3d turned on

I didnt even notice until like 10 hours in but sometimes if you idle in rooms you can see bugs crawling around the walls and making nests.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/90...D101%23lastpost

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the game and it's good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004