Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

My biggest current concern is that you can only control samus with the analog stick which is...hmmm.

Yeah when I read someone post that Samus controls better than any other Metroid game I saw a giant slide pad in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my predictions are coming true

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You'd have to give me infinite blow jobs before I could enjoy Samus Returns.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Nintendo could patch the game to accept d-pad inputs right?

The D-pad is used for switching between aeion abilities iirc

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

well yeah zero mission is one of the best games ever made

Which is why Nintendo should have made this and not MercurySteam!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The day I spend $40 on a MercurySteam game is the day I die

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Samus before calling MercurySteam to ask them to make her new game: Any objections, Iwata?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Don't you mean thumbs down

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Metroid: Other M, Samus states that her use of the thumbs-down—the opposite of the usually-accepted thumbs-up—was a twofold response: that she completely understood the mission orders ("no objections"), but would not be derided by being called a lady.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also Games loves this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I tried to block out other m form my memory but thank you for the clarification

Never forget.

I still can't get over the wall jump in this game being the fusion one when the spiderball is like the 2nd powerup that you get. I don't understand it at all. That turns me off more than anything else really.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

You got the spider ball way too early in the original too. Who knows, man.

Well yeah but you can't even wall jump in that one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does this game seriously not have the speed booster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've seen sub 2 hours for any% anyway. But yeah this game has always just looked "ok" so I'm not interested in playing it

• Locked thread