Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah when I read someone post that Samus controls better than any other Metroid game I saw a giant slide pad in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I immediate hate the way the controls feel in this game plus wall jumping puts into a locked animation with no control.

this doesnt happen in Hollow Knight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think its misguided to judge a metroids quality by how much it can be broken instead of like, everything else

it is rear end to give you a canned walljump thats useless outside of narrow vertical shafts that were obviously designed for it though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The thing about the wall jump is that the like third upgrade in this game is Spider Ball so you can climb any vertical surface in the game, wall jumping up it would just be faster and more fun than holding L. So it's very frustrating

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hope it at least has a zero mission hard mode where it cuts your resources in half instead of just upping enemy damage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fusion is good

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

other m was really pretty which is more than i can say about samus returns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

a bunch of linear corridors where you can't get lost and theres video codecs tellling you precisely where to go every five minutes from your space commander. classic metroid!

its linear but the level design is fun. i probably wouldve been pissed if i paid full price for it though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man nurse posted:

this game is ugly yo

all of samus animations make me wanna barf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

see a doctor about the brain tumour growing out of your head or i can perform a surgical operation with a sniper rifle drone hiding in a 40 mile radius at any given time

chill out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even if theres virtually no exploration element in fusion the platforming, levels and combat were all great. obviously the cutscenes sucked though and at the end of the game you are locked out of everything that doesnt lead to the sa-x without warning which is bullshit lol

guacamelee is a bit like fusion, its linear but theres an emphasis on level design and mounting more and more layers of complexity to the platforming+fighting as you get more powers and its a fun rear end game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I actualy did this and it was also my first metroid game.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

• Locked thread