Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT

This whole line of toys was extremely my jam, they were all weird and gross. This one you'd put 'monster flesh' on the skeleton to make a little monster and then put it in the tank with the other stuff and it would look like your monster was being dissolved by acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

TOOT BOOT posted:

This whole line of toys was extremely my jam, they were all weird and gross. This one you'd put 'monster flesh' on the skeleton to make a little monster and then put it in the tank with the other stuff and it would look like your monster was being dissolved by acid

This is awesome. I loved those "mad scientist" type of play sets although I don't think I had anything like that one (it looks familiar though.)

I'm pretty sure that this was the Dr. Dreadful set that we had. Before my parents took it away because my brother spilled the powder on the floor and blamed me :mad: when I questioned him about it years later he said he "just thought I would take the fall". I think we might have had the creepy crawlies thing too but it wasn't really my bag.

fake edit:
That also reminds me, and because of the season, we also got (I THINK it was this one) one of these for Christmas when we were kids.

For some reason, idk what we did that was so heinous, but this was also taken away from us. By Santa Claus himself, no less. It's the only instance in recorded history of Santa Claus confiscating a gift post-Christmas afaik.

I guess these aren't toys we played with a particular lot though since they were taken away lol.

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

TOOT BOOT

I always wanted that Play Doh McDonalds set but thinking back I wasn't really a Play Doh child, I always had pet cats and filthy hands so like 2 days after I got Play Doh it had cat hair and crud from my hands stuck in it

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i had hell of beanie babies like 20 beanie babies chillin with me in my bed but my fav stuffed animal was the o.g. seel from pokemon that we got from a kfc (i remember this was really weird because we had never been to a kfc before and never again after), my older brothers got zubat and volpix but i loved that dang ol seel and there's a really sweet picture of me sitting in my mama's lap at my grandma's house hugging it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Splatmaster posted:

:hfive:

I just remembered a couple of games I played a lot of as a kid, does anyone remember Gnip Gnop?

"While you're Ga-nipping, your opponent is Gi-nopping! gnip Gnop!"

We had both of these in the 70s and they were both in heavy rotation among me and my siblings. Classic Football was the car game of choice.

Rushi

by Smythe
The thread came back!!!!
I had that fizzy drink maker hahahahha.
I haven't seen a lot of these O: so cool

Rushi

by Smythe
Those mad science toys look soooooooo dope

Mad Doctor Cthulhu

TOOT BOOT posted:

Oh man, these were awesome! Cover the bones in the green clay and add weird poo poo (eyeballs and the like) and then it just boils off in slow motion. I still have no idea what the 'Living Ice' was supposed to be outside of just transparent gak that added to the experience.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Not a "toy" per se but who remembers these:

http://www.wackypackages.org/

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Splatmaster posted:

Not a "toy" per se but who remembers these:

http://www.wackypackages.org/

I'm not old, so how could I possibly remember when all the kids at school would get those and show them off to everyone?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Scaly Haylie

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

holy poo poo I forgot about this one. so many hours spent making cars go down the same exact path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

i was all about crashing them into each other.

• Locked thread