Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Is Deshaun Watson the NFL's next elite quarterback? Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The answer, of course, is no.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Not a 0-0 tie, F-. But this was cool.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/908533494057279489

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

he's no trubinsky

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

A not insignificant part of me thinks Dalton throws that ball to see how Russel likes it when Dalton gets HIM murdered.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/908533248258650112

ht to kalli in n/v

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Someone make a Bengals epitaph thread explaining what happened to this team because how could that happen

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Geunther has at least kept the defense ship sailing but Zampese taking over has been truly poo poo. The offense declined last year and despite having more skill position players the bengals offense has gotten even worse. Just toss a HS coach in there they can call Gio up the gut and the same predictable end arounds all game for maybe 2 field goals and a loss.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering:
-We started a rookie QB
-We had no tight ends
-We had no O-Line
-It was a Thursday
-Our play calling was more conservative than Samuel Alito

And still won? That's great for morale. The Texans needed that win, and I'm glad we get 10 days to prepare for the Patriots.

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Someone make a Bengals epitaph thread explaining what happened to this team because how could that happen

Keeping good players cost money and Mike Brown said "gently caress that". That's pretty much it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aaron Rodgers has beaten every team in the league except 2

The Packers, and the Bengals

September 24 he's beating the Bengals

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

Keeping good players cost money and Mike Brown said "gently caress that". That's pretty much it.

There's also some big contracts on the books.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chris James 2 posted:

Aaron Rodgers has beaten every team in the league except 2

The Packers, and the Bengals

September 24 he's beating the Bengals

BUT WHAT IF HE DOESN'T

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Bengals are....*squints at clipboard*.......bad.

*looks up slowly*

*whispers*

Very....>Bad.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Teams that spent their first-round pick on a pass catcher are 0-7 to start the season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

A bottom ten line lost two pro bowl linemen, including a hall of fame caliber LT. The QB's achilles heel is pressure. The OC has had one year of playcalling and they aren't running the pass/option plays they ran last year to compensate for bad protection. They have one slightly better than average guard and 3 liabilities. Their worst lineman two years ago, a guy who actively lost games, is now second best. Their left tackle is the worst starting Bengal I've seen - including the 90s teams.

The defense is still good but the secondary can't catch and their best player and captain is suspended.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eagerly awaiting the Jim Ross version of that JJ hit

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

Most of their top players are on pretty reasonable contracts. The problem is that they refuse to cut ties with players past their prime and will tend to honor contracts. It helps get the reasonable deal since players know that they will get most, if not all of the deal, but it keeps a lot of money on the books that could be purged.

They also set aside 10-15 million every off-season to "save for the future to and re-sign their own" as an excuse to avoid FA. When Zietler left for Cleveland there were reports that the Bengals felt they won because they will get a comp pick. It's always "for the future" for this team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shangri-Law School posted:

Teams that spent their first-round pick on a pass catcher are 0-7 to start the season.

Fournette catches passes

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't know about Watson. But Andey Daldon is not elite.

:911:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Cash Monet posted:

We just paid burfict $38 mil just in time for him to get suspended lmao

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/908536777006211072

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Eagerly awaiting the Jim Ross version of that JJ hit

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/908541734442770434

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huzzah!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

this will never get old

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'm glad the Bengals lost

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Master Stur posted:

Geunther has at least kept the defense ship sailing but Zampese taking over has been truly poo poo. The offense declined last year and despite having more skill position players the bengals offense has gotten even worse. Just toss a HS coach in there they can call Gio up the gut and the same predictable end arounds all game for maybe 2 field goals and a loss.

The Bengals offense has so many fast and good skill position players that it's baffling how they are this bad

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Bengals offense has so many fast and good skill position players that it's baffling how they are this bad

The O-Line only has 1 legit NFL caliber player on it and Dalton knows it and is scared shitless.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Love that JJ Watt ended it like that. He saw your pointless bullshit and put a stop to it. Love that man, wish he wasn't stuck on a lovely Texans team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Local12Skinny/status/908542097342517248

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I just don't know how you can see what hue did and not continue it or hell even gruden at this point. Losing the oline hurt but the scheme and plays stunk before that :(

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress, do I have to be afraid of the Texans now?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

The O-Line only has 1 legit NFL caliber player on it and Dalton knows it and is scared shitless.

Yeah, so why aren't there like a million quick passes to compensate? They should go full Oregon and run 90 plays per game, Dalton sails every intermediate pass anyway.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Probably Magic posted:

Too early to tell. If the Jags hustle you around as well, then yes.

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, so why aren't there like a million quick passes to compensate? They should go full Oregon and run 90 plays per game, Dalton sails every intermediate pass anyway.

Ken Zampese is in way over his head as an OC. It's the perfect storm of poo poo at this point.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

Nope

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is actually insane how the Bengals absolutely can not beat the Texans no matter how bad of a QB they are playing.

Cincy has lost to two teams in a row who couldn't really throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Considering:
-We started a rookie QB
-We had no tight ends
-We had no O-Line
-It was a Thursday
-Our play calling was more conservative than Samuel Alito

And still won? That's great for morale. The Texans needed that win, and I'm glad we get 10 days to prepare for the Patriots.

Why? Start prepping for *checks Hou schedule* the Tennessee game or the Cleveland game. You're not going to beat the Pats just move on to prepping for something vaguely winnable if the opposing coaches also decide to poo poo their pants for an entire game like the Bengals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have 10 whole days to pay Duane Brown and get him practicing and back into the fold, please do so asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Probably Magic posted:

If you can stop a 50 yard QB scramble then only their defense.

I forgot how good Watt is. It's like watching someone play against college players with how fast he can get into the backfield.

• Locked thread