Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Young designer pitching race segment

"You know what would be a great? A rhythm minigame."

"Go on"

"Okay, so the window for appropriate button presses will be 2 frames, and tied exactly to the downbeat"

"Naturally"

"And if course we won't have any particular instruments emphasize the downbeat, and the melody will be heavily synchopated and and"

The design lead has already left the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Carbon dioxide posted:

So, is this LP still alive?

They're still posting on YouTube :shrug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ceraph posted:

Episode 51 - Poor Bowser

The last episode was a little lacking in boss fights, but now it's time for a gauntlet of bosses! ... Sort of. First up: Domino and Cloaker!

Domino and Cloaker have a bit of an interesting fight mechanic. When one of them is downed, the other will retreat to a giant mechanical snake with a brand new HP pool, so definitely focus on one or the other first. The other interesting part of this mechanic is that the snake they run to depends on who is left standing. Domino will ride Earthlink, while Cloaker rides Mad Adder. The guide recommends taking out Domino first, but I'm not sure I agree. While Domino is easier to take down, just take a look at the stat difference between Mad Adder and Earthlink:

Mad Adder
1500 HP
150 atk
70 def
90 M atk
180 M def

Earthlink
2500 HP
220 atk
120 def
5 M atk
10 M def

Mad Adder has 1000 less HP than Earthlink, so I would say focus down Cloaker and then blast through Mad Adder as quickly as possible.

No special drops or anything from this boss, so let's move on! Before we can fight Smithy himself, we have to fight our way up the corporate ladder. We encounter 3 factory workers along the way (Clerk, Manager, and Director), with each one having a heartwarming encounter with one of our party members. The "bosses" themselves are chump change, but the scenes between them are great, especially Bowser's. Bowser gets the short end of the stick this entire game, and I've never felt so bad for a serial kidnapper. Also noteworthy, the haiku he says at the end is different in the Japanese version. The translation is:

why does everyone
say Mario Mario
my heart is so sad

I kinda like the one they changed it to personally. I like to think of Bowser as waxing poetic instead of just actually being depressed.

scan for Domino and Cloaker:

I always felt like this fight was a retread of knife guy and grate guy.