Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

Pyramid Scheme posted:

Great work.

Thanks for the credit, but it feels excessive vs my low effort of posting one link to a photo (golfers playing during a fire) that was already appearing all over news websites.

Credit costs nothing and the photo turned out to be perfect for the spot it's in!

mofolotopo fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've shared this on my Facebook twice now and nobody has commented on it. It's really weird. After watching, I legit expected it to blow up within 48 hours.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one wants to watch a video that's longer than a few minutes.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Pyramid Scheme posted:

Thanks for the credit, but it feels excessive vs my low effort of posting one link to a photo (golfers playing during a fire) that was already appearing all over news websites.

If you think that is bad, I got credit and the one image I posted I don't think was even used!

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

And you need to know what is being parodied. I'm guessing 5 hour podcasts are not so popular with the 30 second attention span crowd.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NihilismNow posted:

And you need to know what is being parodied. I'm guessing 5 hour podcasts are not so popular with the 30 second attention span crowd.

Nah. I've never heard of the podcast. The video stands on its own pretty well.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

precision posted:

Nah. I've never heard of the podcast. The video stands on its own pretty well.

same. I have no idea who dan carlin is, and I only listened on a whim because from the description it didn't sound like my thing at all. I'm glad I listened because this is now one of my favorite things ever

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

hackbunny posted:

same. I have no idea who dan carlin is, and I only listened on a whim because from the description it didn't sound like my thing at all. I'm glad I listened because this is now one of my favorite things ever

Dan Carlin is pretty great though and you should sit down for one of his 20 hour episodes on people being terrible.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I have no idea if I'd have bothered watching the video if it came out six months ago but I started listening to Dan Carlin at work this summer and had just listened to the Anabaptist Apocalypse episode like a month before this so I definitely appreciated knowing the main inspiration for this.

Burns
May 10, 2008

This sure is an elaborate way to tell a penis joke. Loved every minute of it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Burns posted:

This sure is an elaborate way to tell a penis joke. Loved every minute of it.

I kinda want this as my epitaph.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Did the part on the nuclear bomb sound like a rap in the original audio, too, or did you do something to it? I love the cadence

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
So as long as trump's still in power, america will finally be dead (whether north korea bombs them or not).

Boy am I glad to be in a nicer country right now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Junior Jr. posted:

So as long as trump's still in power, america will finally be dead (whether north korea bombs them or not).

Boy am I glad to be in a nicer country right now.

We're gonna bring you down with us

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I havent laughed that hard in a while

the flux of emotion at the debate scene broke me

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
if the next president runs on the idea of enforcing polygamy i think i might actually vote for them unfortunately

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

hackbunny posted:

Did the part on the nuclear bomb sound like a rap in the original audio, too, or did you do something to it? I love the cadence

It's not modified much, if I recall correctly. I may have moved the beginning of lines to be on beat, but I don't think there was much editing within lines there.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

if the next president runs on the idea of enforcing polygamy i think i might actually vote for them unfortunately

Well if we all go out in a blaze of burning cum I think we know who to blame.

Tromboner
Jan 17, 2006
I lost it at the polygamy part. Amazing.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

this is very good, i regret not participating

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i wasn't a bad enough dude

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.
this is fantastic.

I would turn to my wife and say "so where's the alternate wives gonna sleep" just to gently caress with her.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
I posted it with my Trump-Hatin' troll account and received several comments asking "why would you waste your time doing that?" and describing it as "stupid liberal poo poo" but it failed to acquire "viral status"(tm), more's the pity.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Well I don't know what happened, but there has been a burst of new views over the past 24 hours or so. It was getting about 100 per day, but it's been about 600 since yesterday afternoon (my time).

region25
Apr 30, 2002

deep brain stimulation
That's great to hear! I'm still promoting out here :rock:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mofolotopo posted:

Well I don't know what happened, but there has been a burst of new views over the past 24 hours or so. It was getting about 100 per day, but it's been about 600 since yesterday afternoon (my time).

It's going viral :unsmigghh:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

been sharing this with everyone. my 64 year old hippie dad didn't finish watching it because it was depressing but I don't think he's embraced nihilism like most millenials :v:

mandatory polygamy is probably the best part. Carlin sounds so loving shocked by that.

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

"Everything in your head doesn't need to be said."
This is probably the best thing I've seen, as far as historical documentaries about future events goes.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
This is fantastic. Great job op!

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
I've watched this three times now, and my sides have split every single time. I had no prior knowledge of Dan Carlin or Hardcore History and I still found this hilarious, so for me at least it works perfectly as a standalone satire. Also having spent countless of hours doing stupid audio edits of various TV and radio programs I'm stunned at how seamless this is. Great job.

I've shared this with a bunch of folks, but not getting a lot of responses. Maybe because I live in Northern Europe people don't appreciate art.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for making what is currently my absolute favourite thing.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Awesome! Thanks to everybody pimping it out!

I still have no idea what that surge the other day was about, but it's back to just a bit above where it was in terms of daily views. Still seems to be going up slowly though, so who knows?

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
The surge was Dan Carlin listening over and over again.

"I don't remember saying any of this about the president. Wait, what year is it now?... are you sure?"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

the only way to make a buck on youtube anymore is to be some idiot who shrieks slurs in a baby voice while other people watch you playing children's video games.

Has anyone ever noticed whenever he's quoting verbatim he goes into this weird semi-stern somewhat angry voice almost regardless of content?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Has anyone ever noticed whenever he's quoting verbatim he goes into this weird semi-stern somewhat angry voice almost regardless of content?

Yeah, it's pretty distinct. He does it in literally every episode I've heard.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I loved it, was a good watch. My favorite part was the burning chart.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Yes, rich people have always used poor people for their own ends. Is anyone really surprised by this?

Rich people have always used poor people to fight wars for the rich people's profit.
https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

Again, is this really a surprise?
The rich are the problem, and always have been.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then go shoot some of them, gnarly

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Having a lovely 1+ minute text-only intro is gonna lose this video tons of views

stay clueless, goons

edit: sorry its very well done I just dont know why you would go through all this effort and then undermine your own work right upfront

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 13, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they just don't care if people with short attention spans don't watch it.

I'm sure a lot of people think they get it after like 5 minutes and turn it off.

When I finally made it to the end, it was so worth it, but it wasn't the first time I sat down to watch it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sintax posted:

Having a lovely 1+ minute text-only intro is gonna lose this video tons of views

stay clueless, goons

edit: sorry its very well done I just dont know why you would go through all this effort and then undermine your own work right upfront

Yeah this is why most people leave a movie during the opening credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You're really comparing a YouTube video to a movie? Most people don't go to a movie expecting instant content but do click on YouTube videos with that expectation

• Locked thread