Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, Russell mentioned he got the jeep.

"I won it in the divorce!" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hey fellow 'Christine could have done it' theorist! Also, thinking more on that, didn't Gamby mention in the first ep of the season that the shooter made sure not to hit anything vital. Since she's shown in scrubs a lot (I'm not sure if it's ever said specifically what her specialty as a doctor is) she'd obviously have knowledge of anatomy. :aaa:

Yeah my two big candidates right now are Abbott and Christine. Lee’s too obvious, and the reveal at the end of last night’s episode reeked of bait and switch. The only way Lee did it is if the show pulls some weird ‘nah Lee didn’t do it it was X!’ And then at the very end he reveals it was him after all. But that’s dumb.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
It was Ray. He wants to adopt the girl that hasn’t lost any weight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was disappointed that Snodgrass's book was genuinely terrible because I can't stand insufferable people who use the word "prose" like that.

But alas, sometimes it's actually warranted.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

I was disappointed that Snodgrass's book was genuinely terrible because I can't stand insufferable people who use the word "prose" like that.

But alas, sometimes it's actually warranted.

Yeah having dated a girl who envisions herself as a novelist but writes really crappy fantasy in the past, and another friend who writes crappy YA sci-fi, this joke hit a little close to home in a good way. I think the fact she was writing a ‘YA novel’ was a big setup for that scene in retrospect.

I think it’s ok though. Shows Snodgrass is just a regular joe like the rest of them. Maybe it’s depressing in a way but it puts her back on Gamby’s level.

e: my one critique for this episode is that I wish they did more with the red head who was in awe of Snodgrass’ boyfriend. Was expecting him to cheat on Snodgrass with her, but all she did was show up at the reading. I guess the set up was showing how easy it is for him to get younger women because of his stature, so my issue isn’t really a big one.

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 30, 2017

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
It was obvious her book would be terrible as soon as Gamby liked it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SlipkPIe posted:

It was obvious her book would be terrible as soon as Gamby liked it

That's a good point but hope springs eternal

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I just realized that the part of Chapter 68 we got to hear included what sounded like the kind of introductory exposition that you'd expect a bad author to put in Chapter 1. Which begs the question... what on Earth fills up chapters 1 - 67?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

tarlibone posted:

I just realized that the part of Chapter 68 we got to hear included what sounded like the kind of introductory exposition that you'd expect a bad author to put in Chapter 1. Which begs the question... what on Earth fills up chapters 1 - 67?
Introductions to the other 50 main characters. Their stories converge around chapter 400.
"It's derivative of every single YA novel, ever written." is a pretty crushing review, so I figure it's a confusing mess, with time travel dragons and amnesia vampires.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 30, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching it I took it as definitely Lee but Abbott framing him does make some sense seeing as she was hanging out at the beach house when everyone else was gone.

Also, was anyone else expecting Lee to have sex with Deb?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Watching it I took it as definitely Lee but Abbott framing him does make some sense seeing as she was hanging out at the beach house when everyone else was gone.

no, gently caress no.. I guess not all of us think quite like you

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Dude, that's unfair.

He just wants to take the girls upstairs and draw them a hot bath!!

This man could have any woman he wanted... A N Y

Pop that collar baby... OH YEAH pop that collar

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 31, 2017

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That was the best episode of this last season so far. I would love to go spring break or hang out at a local strip mall with these two.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I think it's almost definitely Abbott, or possibly Ray. In the beginning of the episode, Lee's just "won" the Jeep in the divorce, and he's talking about it like it's new -- he's not going to have the murder weapon sitting in the trunk. Abbott is crazy enough to have done it, and she was definitely pissed about Lee getting to go to the beach with Gamby. The only issue is that from the S1 finale, it looked like a guy bigger than Gamby was doing the shooting, and I don't think it could have been Abbott herself. The only other person that could have planted the stuff was Ray, though...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know, they've minimized Ray's role so much this season that it would feel kind of weird if it was revealed to be him.

Kind of funny how Gamby was completely right about Fisher Steven's character only pushing for Snodgrass's book to be published because he wanted to gently caress her. Man, he really showed his true colors this week, openly flirting with the receptionist and being such a pretentious rear end at the dinner.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

lol, no. But all the creepy pedo stuff he was saying was hilarious.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It was actually Christines mother. She just kinda doesn't like Gamby.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Troy Queef posted:

Bloody promises, bloody tips
This is how a pact is made

this show is loving incredible

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

lol, no. But all the creepy pedo stuff he was saying was hilarious.

"Is Deb okay?!"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

echinopsis posted:

no, gently caress no.. I guess not all of us think quite like you

And also like the writers of the show who were heavily pointing in that direction with all the creepy comments. This show has definitely thrown dark before.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

ChesterJT posted:

And also like the writers of the show who were heavily pointing in that direction with all the creepy comments. This show has definitely thrown dark before.

When Deb said she was on the pill I was sure that's where it was going.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

It was actually Christines mother. She just kinda doesn't like Gamby.

Mee-Cha just shot at the first person her old shriveled eyes could see approaching the PRINCIPAL parking space(s).

Who had the motive, opportunity, and means to murder LEE?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'd accept Mi-Cha as the shooter as long as she keeps shouting 'beach boy!' at Lee as she's loaded into the cop car.

I think it shows just how strong this show is that for whichever character is suggested as the shooter, you can easily go 'huh, yeah, that's actually a possibility'.

Heck, for all we know, Ray could have ditched the costume in the back of the jeep when he was helping load bags and everyone was focused on Abbott throw cookies at Gamby. Though, I can only imagine his motive would have just been a weird way of trying to get Gamby to like him by helping with his recovery :unsmith:.

Seriously, the only ones we can really count out for sure are Snodgrass, the teacher in the wheelchair, and (I want to hope him 'finding' Gamby after the shooting wasn't a swerve) Dayshaun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Seriously, the only ones we can really count out for sure are Snodgrass, the teacher in the wheelchair, and (I want to hope him 'finding' Gamby after the shooting wasn't a swerve) Dayshaun.

So you're saying that it was Gamby's daughter and that she's now trying to frame Lee?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

So you're saying that it was Gamby's daughter and that she's now trying to frame Lee?

Clearly. There's no way Janelle just 'found it in the jeep'!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It will turn out to have been Belinda Brown all along!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Attempted suicide.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just binged all of season 2 that’s out so far and it’s completely obvious that the shooter is the dark haired teacher Gamby is banging and just dumped. She cut her hair at the beginning of the season, is tall, psycho, and put that poo poo in Lees car just at the end of the last episode

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ms Abbott is going to go loving crazy next week and this will blow up spectacularly.

I hope that Gamby pushing Russell away comes to bite him in the rear end too.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
This is not at all where I saw the show going when I first started it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm surprised Lee didn't deny the shooting more vociferously.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh my God, I was dying at the whole fight scene. I had to rewind to take it all in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm still expecting him not to be the shooter :(

Also disappointed that he didn't gloat about it if he was the shooter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

He was taken by surprise by both the gun and the accusation

Definitely didn't do it. Wouldn't be a good series finale if the big reveal was done with 2 full episodes left and everything was resolved with 1 left. Question now is just if it really was Abbott, which I've leaned on since the car revelation but seems too obvious, especially with that end stinger this episode.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still on the 'it was Abbott' bandwagon. I think they did a good job of keeping it covered and used the past 2 episodes to open the curtains, so to speak. If not her, I don't know who else it'd be. The drama teacher maybe? There's no way it's Lee, though, he's so broken I feel like he would have confessed.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

"Wait it's a him?"

It was his ex-wife.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Grem posted:

"Wait it's a him?"

It was his ex-wife.

That line stuck out. Could easily be nothing, but maybe Gale, Abbot, and Ray were all in on it. :tinfoil:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The music in the past few episodes has been amazing.

Still think it’s Abbott after thinking back on the episode, although I was second guessing thinking Russell was innocent while watching. He never directly denies being the shooter, but also never admits it either. That’s not any kind of closure at all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Does anyone know what Christine's mother said this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Does anyone know what Christine's mother said this episode?

I’m assuming everything she said was just translated and repeated by Christine.

• Locked thread