Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Does anyone know what Christine's mother said this episode?

Someone from reddit said a rough translation is "How can you stay still while these people are asking you this? He's a bad man. Help them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I don't know if we do preview spoilers but I'll do them just in case, re: the shooter:

The "next on" showed Russell staring at his own conspiratorial web and it seems like he is trying to figure out who the shooter is, so I'm guessing it's not him.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

i am the bird posted:

I don't know if we do preview spoilers but I'll do them just in case, re: the shooter:

The "next on" showed Russell staring at his own conspiratorial web and it seems like he is trying to figure out who the shooter is, so I'm guessing it's not him.

Or,

That could just be a graphical representation of the wicked web he's been trying to weave ever since he tried to deceive Gamby and... well, literally everyone else, I guess. He's so organized, after all--we'd be fools to think that he wouldn't carefully plan out the poking of all the pies he's got his fingers in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of mixed on hating Lee. He's an awful person but from everything we've seen of his family he had a really hosed up childhood.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He was drowning cats from a young age though.

he should have defended himself more when Gamby confronted him about finding the mask and gun in his jeep. Like, said, "that's impossible, someone must have framed me" because from that it'd follow immediately that Abbott showed up uninvited and got dumped.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

i am the bird posted:

Or it lines up w his dialogue in the preview in which he’s trying to figure who he can use to destroy Gamby, which undoubtably be Abbott

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Fast Luck posted:

he should have defended himself more when Gamby confronted him about finding the mask and gun in his jeep. Like, said, "that's impossible, someone must have framed me" because from that it'd follow immediately that Abbott showed up uninvited and got dumped.

Yeah, there’s no way he wouldn’t have protested that accusation more. He could have explained where he was at the time of the shooting. He might even have witnesses who could corroborate.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Perhaps he wasn't the shooter, but coerced someone into doing it. Could explain why he didn't deny it.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fast Luck posted:

The Dennis System posted:

Yeah, there’s no way he wouldn’t have protested that accusation more. He could have explained where he was at the time of the shooting. He might even have witnesses who could corroborate.

Yeah but Lee also not fully admitting it makes that dramatic revelation some real weak poo poo. I think there not being a big reveal at the end would hurt the season on the whole in my opinion.

But Idk. I was close to turning around and thinking Lee was the killer while watching it.

The closing shot of Abbott is something that needs to be considered.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Maybe it was Lee sitting on Crazy Teacher's shoulders beneath that costume, and Gamby just didn't know that it was two people because the shooter was further away than he remembered.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Sue?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lee didn't fight the accusation because he knew it put him in a position of power over Gamby.

Lee needs a redemption next episode. He finds the real shooter.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

FogHelmut posted:

Lee didn't fight the accusation because he knew it put him in a position of power over Gamby.

Lee needs a redemption next episode. He finds the real shooter.

Plus Gamby was pointing a loving gun at Lee right from the start of the confrontation. Knowing Lee’s character, it probably pissed him off in a way that made him not want to bargain or plead with Gamby.

That’s what I’m going with until next episode at least

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
I figured at first it was his ego keeping him from putting too much effort in denying it and by the time Gamby did his checkmate Lee was so hurt and broken he no longer cared.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when his ex wife remarked something like "oh it was a guy???" (as if to say, "i know its a woman, so when you say its a guy that makes me think I know you have it wrong") that was the biggest bell ringer I saw

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just want to say that this has been the best season of True Detective yet and I'm looking forward to the finale in a few days.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Well now I want a shot-for-shot remake of True Detective season 1 starring Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
next ep is the finale? :ohdear:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

echinopsis posted:

when his ex wife remarked something like "oh it was a guy???" (as if to say, "i know its a woman, so when you say its a guy that makes me think I know you have it wrong") that was the biggest bell ringer I saw

I've thought for a few episodes now that it was Christine. I'm not sure why, but I think so. But the mask and gun and poo poo being in her car made me sure of it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is there some kind of app or website where we can put money down on this

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LesterGroans posted:

Well now I want a shot-for-shot remake of True Detective season 1 starring Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.

Pretty much anytime I hear about a reboot something similar, my first though is "I want to see Jody Hill and Danny McBride take a crack at this."

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
There's no way Lee is the shooter right? :(

I'm still holding out for Ray

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Tonight is the end :ohdear:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Tonight is the end :ohdear:

Our only friend, the end.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Title of the finale is "The Union of the Wizard & The Warrior", apparently

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Title of the finale is "The Union of the Wizard & The Warrior", apparently

Lol is this a reference to Snodgrass' book? I can't remember any of the content of the passage she read out loud

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Last Chance posted:

Lol is this a reference to Snodgrass' book? I can't remember any of the content of the passage she read out loud

There was something about a worm fairy.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'd read her book. Swoon.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Last Chance posted:

I popped on the spring break episode to check CC of Snodgrass's reading, and this was the dialogue she got through before they stopped her:

"Maerwyn carried the magic stone into battle. It was their good luck charm and they would need all the luck that the fairy worm could provide. Besting this mighty creature would not be easy. Besting mighty creatures never is. The mightiest creatures of love and life, they were both born of twin moons and therefore understood the language of the stars, that formed the-"

I know they talked about the book in season 1 a bit when she gave it to Gamby to read, but all I remember is her mentioning he'd probably like the Wizard, Bluffin (and in the spring break episode Gamby mentions that character is 'hilarious')

But seriously, if they somehow tied in that awful prose to the ending of this show I'll never stop :aaaaa:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Noooooooo

Oh thank God

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Welcome back Shamrocks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:holymoley: Abbott is super crazy pants.

I totally expected the tiger to eat the trainer but I still laughed when it happened. Laughed even harder when it bite Russell.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Stevie! :neckbeard:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

What a dumb, stupid, great show that was.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So uh, the food court scene

What happened to him

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
Anybody have a screen grab of the tiger standing near the dead trainer with Abbott in the cage?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Tiger Trainer: Yeah, I've been starving 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key. Me may mah mo! Me moo mah me!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Uhm... if you're reading this before watching the finale, then you'll deserve it when I snape your dumbledore.

I picked Ms. Abbot early on, though I must admit that I had Lee as my back-up in case Abbot wasn't the shooter. The description of the hair did it for me, even though it seemed the mask could include some longish black hair, and she was clearly nuts from the beginning. I'm surprised her character wasn't named Ms. Fatal Attraction. But, the whole sequence that started with her at his house in a wedding dress... the only thing that didn't surprise me from that moment forward was the tiger eating the trainer. I mean, you knew that was happening from the moment he appeared on screen.

Great show. Went out on a high note.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

This was a really fun show. It's kind of a bummer it only got 2 seasons, but on the bright side it'll make a great little bingewatch package for christmas gifts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I figured it was Abbott when she just shrugged it off when Gamby told her she could have killed the guy she roofied

• Locked thread