Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Season 2 Premieres Sunday, September 17 at 10:30 PM. This is the second and final season. The show was only meant to be 18 episodes, which they split into two seasons. The show is loving hilarious. If you're familiar with Jody Hill and Danny McBride's previous projects, you know what you're in for. The previous season ended with Gamby (Danny McBride) being shot by an unknown person.

Here's the OP I stole from the previous thread (now archived)

Here are the characters:

Neil Gamby (Danny McBride) and Lee Russell (Walton Goggins)
Gamby's the divorced vice principal in charge of discipline at Lincoln High who hopes to become the new principal once Bill Murray leaves. Russel's the vice principal of curriculum, Gamby's mortal enemy and competition for the principal seat.

Oh wait.

Dr. Belinda Brown (Kimberly Hebert Gregory)
The actual new principal at Lincoln High.

They team up to gently caress with her, that's the show. If you liked Eastbound and Down, you know what to expect.

Also featuring Gamby's ex wife Gale (Busy Phillips), idealistic new English teacher Amanda Snodgrass (Georgia King) and head cafeteria worker Dayshawn (Sheaun McKinney)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This show is great and I'm crazy excited for the conclusion.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

This show is great and I'm crazy excited for the conclusion.

I'm re-watching it today and I'm still laughing hysterically at it.

hosed BUTTHOLES.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Came back to this at the beginning of summer and cannot wait.

I will dig up all your kimchi!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

gently caress yeah, Walton Goggins.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It sucks that this is the final season but I suppose the show being short and sweet means it will remain a great product without a bad episode/season.

Someone needs to post a bunch of gifs of the two of them smashing up the house.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think it's a coincidence that three of my favorite shows (The Shield, Justified, Vice Principals) have Walton Goggins playing a prominent role.

Also this show rules and I'm v. excited to have it back. For as much as I liked Eastbound & Down I felt like it dragged a bit because they made more seasons than they wanted to. I'm super happy they told a full story on their terms and ended it this time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah I think E&B could have condensed seasons 3 and 4 into one season.

I can't wait to see what they have cookin for their next project.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

gently caress yeah, Walton Goggins.

:hfive:

e: season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHtP0DnCxzY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow 2 seasons huh. Probably for the best but man I'm going to be bummed when it's done. It's not a one and done, it's a two and through

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:stare: I am so loving excited for this

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow 2 seasons huh. Probably for the best but man I'm going to be bummed when it's done. It's not a one and done, it's a two and through

For all intents and purposes the show is one season. They wrote it as one season and even filmed it all together. For some reason HBO wanted it done as two seasons so it was split in half.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
SLEEP, MOTHERFUCKER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVqD7QPEtg&t=142s

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 16, 2017

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Jose Oquendo posted:

For some reason HBO wanted it done as two seasons so it was split in half.

Probably money plus they rarely have a show go on for over 4 months. We're lucky it wasn't three 6 episode chunks.

This was great, I can't wait, and I hope my obvious answer \ guess for the shooter comes true. (Bill Murray)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The split works well. I've seen most of the second season and there's a change in the dynamics that makes this feel very much like a part 2, not just an arbitrary spot to separate the episodes.

Walton Goggins is amazing and I'm glad he's getting a lot of work.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LesterGroans posted:

The split works well. I've seen most of the second season and there's a change in the dynamics that makes this feel very much like a part 2, not just an arbitrary spot to separate the episodes.

Walton Goggins is amazing and I'm glad he's getting a lot of work.

So was any of what we've seen so far part of the 2nd season?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Not asking for spoiler, just wondering if I've already spoiled myself.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Milo and POTUS posted:

So was any of what we've seen so far part of the 2nd season?

Do you mean stuff from the trailers or whether storylines continue from the first season?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LesterGroans posted:

Do you mean stuff from the trailers or whether storylines continue from the first season?

Well you said you've seen most of second season and I wonder if you saw it early or if some of "season one" episodes are part of "season two". I have no clue how to word this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah LesterGroans how do you keep seeing HBO shows early, spill the beans

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Oooooh, just review screeners.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO25e-_xu_k

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've been so swamped with work and life that I totally forgot this show was coming back and just found out about it like ten minutes ago! I'm very excited to watch Season 2. Wish I had remembered to check when this would be back sooner so I could have freshened up my old OP before it fell into archives.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ray is still the nicest man :3:

The gangbang description lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That is how you do a season premiere.

edit: I got a strong Observe and Report vibe from this episode. It went to some really dark places.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I dunno what's better, Lee Russell's dream house or Lee Russell's office.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troy Queef posted:

I dunno what's better, Lee Russell's dream house or Lee Russell's office.

I hope the interior of his dream house is also tiger themed

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope the interior of his dream house is also tiger themed

honestly he seems like the kind of guy who watches loads of HGTV (well, when not watching KDramas with Mi-Cha) and everything's just like on Property Brothers or something like that

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Eat your mash potatoes you jackass.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Great way to kick off the season, hilarious that Russell had Gamby's daughter in the enemies book. After such a good opener it kinda sucks that we're only getting the 2 seasons total. This show is great.

Anyone know how many episodes were getting?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

'How dare you get ink of me on your back eating poo poo and holding hands that way.'

So glad this show is back. I just hope that's not all we see of Belinda this season.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ray is still the nicest man :3:

The gangbang description lol

The most annoying and confusing gangbang ive been in in my life.

And trust me

I've been in a few.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

moolchaba posted:

Eat your mash potatoes you jackass.

For an episode that made me laugh out loud over and over this line made me laugh the most. God I'm so glad this show is back.
e: "So what? Your prostate went apeshit" was also really good

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 18, 2017

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I like Gamby.

I would consider it a personal affront if it turns out that Gamby was involved.

I'm not sure what would possibly be a "good" ending if Gamby was not involved, but I'm not in the position to determine that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gamby was involved....in shooting himself?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Gamby was involved....in shooting himself?

I think he got Gamby and Russell confused. However, it would be an interesting theory that Gamby arranged it all. Not likely though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Judging by how deranged it's made him even in private I think it's safe to say he didn't have a hand in arranging his own shooting.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Last night's episode was good. This season will be good. This show is good

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
After this final season, Danny should bring back the whole cast for a new series about a police department. Would watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

moolchaba posted:

After this final season, Danny should bring back the whole cast for a new series about a police department. Would watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4762824/

That's their next project. It's supposed to be out around Christmas.

• Locked thread