Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
He might love having Christine but he treats her like poo poo. I'm loving every second of his terrible life right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Avril Levigne!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I never knew Walton Goggins singing Avril Lavigne was something I needed in my life, but here we are.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Loving Gamby's character this season.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Abbot is definitely the one who shot Gamby.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Abbot is definitely the one who shot Gamby.

She is definitely crazy.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
which one is she

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

which one is she

Gamby's girlfriend. The crazy one :v: not Snodgrass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yes. super hot. throws up out of window

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

echinopsis posted:

oh yes. super hot. throws up out of window

Hella hot, wicked pukes.

She's definitely my theory when it comes to "who shot Gamby?"

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

"Hume said, "Patriotism and popularity are the beaten road to power and tyranny.'"
"See, I knew Ray would understand."

Ray is my favorite minor character in a show full of good ones.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Last night’s episode was great. I left the previous episode thinking Gamby should just stay with Abbot or whatever her name is, but this one clearly reminded the audience why she’s horrible.

I’m really curious where this show is going to go. Gamby’s always been portrayed as a stubborn idiot with a heart of gold, but Russell is just...a sociopath and hasn’t really done anything to redeem himself. He didn’t do anything at the end of this episode but catch a break. Maybe Russell will use this as a turning point? The teachers outside of Snodgrass have all been proven to be complete poo poo heels. Gamby and Snodgrass (and Nash I guess) are the only two ‘morally good’ characters in the show (outside of Gamby’s family, where the ex wife seems to have mellowed out a bit from last season).

Next episode looks like it’s going to be similar to the field trip episode from last season, which was in my opinion the weakest episode of the show so far; but I’m still looking forward to it.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I need a GIF of Ms Abbott blessing herself before walking out to go say that she can be a bit sad and weird.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think I'm back to Lee being the shooter and the question will be whether Neal can learn to forgive someone who has wronged him and whether Lee can overcome his instinct to lie and gently caress over everyone around him.

This is a love story.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

i am the bird posted:

I think I'm back to Lee being the shooter

Same.

Lee is a base liar, but despite the sheer volume of his lies he's not particularly nuanced. Straight up burning Belinda's house down last season and pulling a literal Mrs. Doubtfire for dinner this ep are basically his repertoire. He's certainly not above shooting Gamby (in terms of morality or creativity) and the "of course I shot you, you idiot!" style reveal would complete the deconstruction of his character nicely, especially now that he's on the cusp of redemption or ruination.

Smooth move, exlax.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
my guess is that Russel is the shooter, Gamby will find out and threaten him but the superintendent will find out about the test cheating and Russel will take the fall to save Gamby. Story ends with Gamby growing a pair and dumbing Abbot, becoming principal, and getting Snodgrass for a happy ending. Show ends with Gale and Ray hugging each other watching Janelle motocrossing it up, then Gamby and Snodgrass walk up and the two happy pairs of adults watch on as the kid does a sick flip.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

No way does this story have a happy ending. Russell is the shooter, confesses and gets arrested, Gamby goes to jail for tampering with the tests (to save Snodgrass and get away from Abbott) and Belinda is your new principle, again.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, this show is so insane. For such a shitheel that Lee has been to his wife and Mi-Cha the whole time as well as the other teachers, Goggins just nails the pathos in the instancesof Lee realizing how badly he's hosed up.

I loved the montage of them trying to degrade the tests, and lady-Gamby (Duke? I can never remember her name) walking in and getting corralled. Especially the hugging in the parking lot part.

And as always, there's so many great throwaway lines, like 'you look like a low-level mobster' and 'Don't use your tongue. In America we use bread.'

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tellah posted:

Smooth move, exlax.

This line and "take a picture, it'll last longer" were funny as hell, I hope Gamby keeps those sunglasses.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Trillhouse posted:

"Hume said, "Patriotism and popularity are the beaten road to power and tyranny.'"
"See, I knew Ray would understand."

Ray is my favorite minor character in a show full of good ones.

It was best line in the episode lol.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ray shot Gamby in a 12 dimensional chess move in order to get Gamby to like him.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

lady-Gamby (Duke? I can never remember her name) walking in and getting corralled.

"You're jukin' em?!"

So perfect.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The best line of the episode was also Dayshawn telling Gamby that he "has the haircut of a very low-level mobster", which Gamby considers a good thing (it is)

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Russell turning into a zombie.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Even better

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just gave mate at work s1 on usb to watch. I love this show but outside of this thread I know no one who watches it

I like this kind of tv that is just entertaining.. not just a "comedy" like modern family but just fun and cool to watch

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don’t think Russell did it. Pretty sure Abbott was involved in placing that stuff in the car

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Snodgrass's book was hilariously bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Now we touch tips" :v:

Nash has been pretty awesome in s2 for having such a small part.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this show is so good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

facebook jihad posted:

I don’t think Russell did it. Pretty sure Abbott was involved in placing that stuff in the car

Yeah Abbott is a loving lunatic and didn't Russell say he got the Jeep in the divorce? No way he'd put that outfit in the trunk.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, Russell mentioned he got the jeep.

This show is driving me nuts trying to figure out who the shooter is.

It seems like the two most likely suspects are Lee actually did it, Abbot did it and is trying to frame him (neither did it, but someone is still trying to frame Lee since Gamby is his only remaining ally at the school).

Longshot/comedy guess: Christine shot Gamby because she thought he was influencing Lee's increasingly erratic and underhanded behavior.

This ep was kinda weak. Some funny moments, but I was really expecting Lee and Gamby to pull some revenge poo poo on Janelle's 'mean girl' friends.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"Now we touch tips" :v:

Nash has been pretty awesome in s2 for having such a small part.

Bloody promises, bloody tips
This is how a pact is made

stoops
Jun 11, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah Abbott is a loving lunatic and didn't Russell say he got the Jeep in the divorce? No way he'd put that outfit in the trunk.

Maybe Christine tried to kill him so her husband would be principal. This would make it end so Lee at least gets a girl and happy ending with Abbot while Gamby gets Snodgrass.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I wasn't sure where they were going with Snodgrass' book subplot. I knew the guy was using his position to leverage a relationship with her, but I had no idea whether or not her book was actually good (and hence, just how badly she was being used).

When she said she'd start reading from chapter 68 of her YA novel, I immediately knew it'd be pure garbage. That's a very high number. Then when she started reading... I really felt bad for her. She's so nice and pure and pretty and terrible, terrible at writing.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
The dude who plays Snodgrass' writer bf always plays the same douchey characters.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

The dude who plays Snodgrass' writer bf always plays the same douchey characters.

I don't remember his name but I do remember him from Always Sunny when Charlie kidnapped him for writing a bad review of the bar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

His portrayal of an eastern Indian man in Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2 was masterful, though.

Same as "The Plague" in Hackers.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Lee has been the obvious shooting candidate since the get go and it wouldn't be bad if it did turn out to be him. But I could definitely see Abbott or even Ray planting the gear in Lees trunk. There was a shot a few episodes ago in Gambys new place where Ray had an odd reaction that just seemed very suspicious. I think Abbott has way more of a motive though being crazy but I'm excited to see where the rest of the season goes from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

stoops posted:

Maybe Christine tried to kill him so her husband would be principal. This would make it end so Lee at least gets a girl and happy ending with Abbot while Gamby gets Snodgrass.

Hey fellow 'Christine could have done it' theorist! Also, thinking more on that, didn't Gamby mention in the first ep of the season that the shooter made sure not to hit anything vital. Since she's shown in scrubs a lot (I'm not sure if it's ever said specifically what her specialty as a doctor is) she'd obviously have knowledge of anatomy. :aaa:

• Locked thread