Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

muscles like this! posted:

Watching it I took it as definitely Lee but Abbott framing him does make some sense seeing as she was hanging out at the beach house when everyone else was gone.

I think it's almost definitely Abbott, or possibly Ray. In the beginning of the episode, Lee's just "won" the Jeep in the divorce, and he's talking about it like it's new -- he's not going to have the murder weapon sitting in the trunk. Abbott is crazy enough to have done it, and she was definitely pissed about Lee getting to go to the beach with Gamby. The only issue is that from the S1 finale, it looked like a guy bigger than Gamby was doing the shooting, and I don't think it could have been Abbott herself. The only other person that could have planted the stuff was Ray, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

That was hilarious, he even says "in the unlikely event the tiger was ever let loose -- now I have no idea how something like that could ever loving happen..."

I was also wondering if maybe the food court scene was meant to imply Lee died of his wounds, but then why include the scene with him working at some specific store? I think Gamby and Lee have just grown apart since then, and Gamby's just wishing that he saw Lee more often, like when they were working together. Sort of a wistful remembrance of their friendship.

I'm also not sure why Lee had to take a job in retail. If they're just sweeping the massive fistfight from last episode under the rug, then Lee was never really disgraced or anything, was he? I thought he just kinda disappeared once Gamby threatened to read his sister's diary. I woulda thought he could have stayed on as principal, or at least transferred to a school where everyone didn't hate him.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

I expected more people to jump in and say they thought/knew it was abbot.

I WAS set on Abbot after the episode where they went on spring break, and I posted as much in the thread back then. The only thing that made me wonder if Ray was in on it was this:

The shooter is standing on the curb, but it looks like he's at least Gamby's height, and from that first shot it's pretty clear it's a man, or at least a woman much more slender than Abbot. So Abbot either had an accomplice, or this is a comedy that wasn't trying to put together an airtight murder mystery and might not have settled on Abbot by the end of the first season. Either way, I probably put too much time into this.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Well poo poo, really? I was only half-serious posting those pictures, but then was there really an accomplice that shot Gamby?

I suppose its possible they just had some random extra in the mask because they didn't want to leave the internet with a year to analyze those freezeframes and see it was Abbot?

• Locked thread