Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Tellah posted:

Am I mistaken in believing that the explicit purpose of the Sweat Hogs was to act as an overbearingly antagonistic external Other? This seems like the intended outcome: building TEAMWORK and LEADERSHIP when the person who hired them (ideally Russel, but here Gamby) ousts them, becoming the Revered Hero.

The Sweat Hogs' lukewarm resistance and almost-instant capitulation once Gamby attempts to stand up to them led me to think that, anyway. Seems like a pretty typical Russel strategy, which is only sweeter because their methods happen to overlap and overshadow his own authoritarian methods. I kind of expected Russel to be exasperated with Gamby next episode for stealing his own play.

I thought that too during the big confrontation but then the main guy said "we got their check already, let's go " so I'd say apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

He had a specific connection to the model planes. Hence his eulogy. Also, it’s a great way to spite his sisters AND nephews. China is more a Mom/Dad thing, as well. The planes were clearly all Dad.

But his point is that he was doing stuff to spite his sisters and his sisters were clearly clinging to the china just as much as the rest of the stuff.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

They probably don't want it now that it has your juices on it

Good lord

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

echinopsis posted:

no, gently caress no.. I guess not all of us think quite like you

And also like the writers of the show who were heavily pointing in that direction with all the creepy comments. This show has definitely thrown dark before.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Dingleberry posted:

Anybody have a screen grab of the tiger standing near the dead trainer with Abbott in the cage?

Not 1080p but here you go, it was a fantastic shot.

I expected more people to jump in and say they thought/knew it was abbot.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

"cant cook creole bream" posted:

And then he got a perfect score in a manipulated test.

Well they only needed to correct the ones that were bad, maybe he did good on his own?

People thinking Lee might have died because of the chair and calling out when they "knew" it was abbot are this threads "I acquit". Good bless you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

facebook jihad posted:

Eh I mean there are posts going back pages where people were saying they thought it was Abbott, so...?

It's just a personal pet peeve of mind I can admit it. Any show with a mystery people are throwing out guesses left and right, most of the time with no real proof and then the ones who were wrong stay silent and the ones who guessed it right say they knew it all along. No one knew until it was revealed on the show and there's no prize for guessing right so I never understood the people who rush to message boards to say "I got it right". And now my soapbox is broken, thank you for your time.

• Locked thread