Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

'How dare you get ink of me on your back eating poo poo and holding hands that way.'

So glad this show is back. I just hope that's not all we see of Belinda this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I loved the fact that when Snodgrass came across the crime scene in the flashback they had a piss stain on the pavement. The attention to detail on this show.

Also, hahaha 'Just draw the motherfucker with the bolts in his neck'.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

It didn't really feel like a Vice Principals episode, honestly.

Considering how Lee's sisters treated him, and all of the things they had called 'dibs' on, like the China, were in the garage, I was surprised that Lee stopped at smashing up all of the model planes, rather than burning down the entire garage.

And it might just be me, but I feel like not having Dayshaun forced to do the SweatHogs team building as well was a missed opportunity this episode. Has his actor been in much else, because even though he doesn't show up much, he makes me laugh whenever he does.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, this show is so insane. For such a shitheel that Lee has been to his wife and Mi-Cha the whole time as well as the other teachers, Goggins just nails the pathos in the instancesof Lee realizing how badly he's hosed up.

I loved the montage of them trying to degrade the tests, and lady-Gamby (Duke? I can never remember her name) walking in and getting corralled. Especially the hugging in the parking lot part.

And as always, there's so many great throwaway lines, like 'you look like a low-level mobster' and 'Don't use your tongue. In America we use bread.'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, Russell mentioned he got the jeep.

This show is driving me nuts trying to figure out who the shooter is.

It seems like the two most likely suspects are Lee actually did it, Abbot did it and is trying to frame him (neither did it, but someone is still trying to frame Lee since Gamby is his only remaining ally at the school).

Longshot/comedy guess: Christine shot Gamby because she thought he was influencing Lee's increasingly erratic and underhanded behavior.

This ep was kinda weak. Some funny moments, but I was really expecting Lee and Gamby to pull some revenge poo poo on Janelle's 'mean girl' friends.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

stoops posted:

Maybe Christine tried to kill him so her husband would be principal. This would make it end so Lee at least gets a girl and happy ending with Abbot while Gamby gets Snodgrass.

Hey fellow 'Christine could have done it' theorist! Also, thinking more on that, didn't Gamby mention in the first ep of the season that the shooter made sure not to hit anything vital. Since she's shown in scrubs a lot (I'm not sure if it's ever said specifically what her specialty as a doctor is) she'd obviously have knowledge of anatomy. :aaa:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'd accept Mi-Cha as the shooter as long as she keeps shouting 'beach boy!' at Lee as she's loaded into the cop car.

I think it shows just how strong this show is that for whichever character is suggested as the shooter, you can easily go 'huh, yeah, that's actually a possibility'.

Heck, for all we know, Ray could have ditched the costume in the back of the jeep when he was helping load bags and everyone was focused on Abbott throw cookies at Gamby. Though, I can only imagine his motive would have just been a weird way of trying to get Gamby to like him by helping with his recovery :unsmith:.

Seriously, the only ones we can really count out for sure are Snodgrass, the teacher in the wheelchair, and (I want to hope him 'finding' Gamby after the shooting wasn't a swerve) Dayshaun.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

cant cook creole bream posted:

So you're saying that it was Gamby's daughter and that she's now trying to frame Lee?

Clearly. There's no way Janelle just 'found it in the jeep'!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh my God, I was dying at the whole fight scene. I had to rewind to take it all in.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Last Chance posted:

Lol is this a reference to Snodgrass' book? I can't remember any of the content of the passage she read out loud

I popped on the spring break episode to check CC of Snodgrass's reading, and this was the dialogue she got through before they stopped her:

"Maerwyn carried the magic stone into battle. It was their good luck charm and they would need all the luck that the fairy worm could provide. Besting this mighty creature would not be easy. Besting mighty creatures never is. The mightiest creatures of love and life, they were both born of twin moons and therefore understood the language of the stars, that formed the-"

I know they talked about the book in season 1 a bit when she gave it to Gamby to read, but all I remember is her mentioning he'd probably like the Wizard, Bluffin (and in the spring break episode Gamby mentions that character is 'hilarious')

But seriously, if they somehow tied in that awful prose to the ending of this show I'll never stop :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Well thread, it's been a wild two seasons, and I'll miss the increasingly ridiculous shooter speculation theories that kept this thread going.

But thank you all that are bad at tv watching and thought Lee was a ghost/vision even after the scene of him pushing around his employee and stealing her smoke break.

• Locked thread