Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loving love this album. I can't believe I'm saying that about a Weezer album in TYOOL 2017. I discovered that they also released the White Album, so I listened to that too. I hated the last 3 and thought Red was okay. They all had tracks I hated.

I am so surprised by this. White and PD aren't perfect albums but they both have multiple tracks that I really, really enjoy. Which is my metric of a good album release by any artist.

It feels like they are evolving more by combining their existing sound with late 2010's folksy pop trends. And it works really well.

Edit: I fully admit though that I don't pay attention/give a gently caress about the lyrics outside of singing along to the hooks.

DoubleCakes posted:

Verdict: Underwhelming but listenable. One thing Pacific Dream has over Red or Raditude is that there aren't any songs I hate (although "Feels Like Summer" and "Mexican Fender" come close). I won't be relistening to the album anytime soon but I might put on "Beach Boys", "Happy Hour", and "Sweet Mary".

Strong disagree, I love Feels Like Summer and it's been on repeat a bunch throughout my day.

Seaniqua posted:

The album is out and it isn't good. A competently written and perfectly bland pop record.

I think it's good for the same reasons. Except instead of bland it's a pleasant mix of current pop trends and weezer aesthetics.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I seriously can't believe I liked and am defending recent Weezer albums in 2017.

How did this thread feel about the previous albums? Wikipedia shows that they generally had higher aggregate scores than White and PD. But I feel the opposite, because I actually enjoy White and PD.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

turnip kid posted:

Feels like Summer is an abomination.

False. It's a great pop song that blends traditional Weezer bones with 2010's pop aesthetic.

It's in fact, good.

• Locked thread