Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dr Subterfuge posted:

There are pretty clear rules to her schedule though? Three pages per week, but sometimes she releases more for whatever reason, which she eventually makes up for (like now) by taking a break and evening things out so it still averages out to three per week. And the breaks after chapters are always the same. As far as I'm aware it's about maintaining a buffer.

e: oh hey, new Unsounded update

Yeah thats exactly how it goes. Just meaning that you never really know when a page dump might occur and a couple weeks get taken off, or how long the chapters will be or how long the breaks will be. I'm not so much complaining about that, it is what it is, but just saying it adds to losing track of what so and so is up to, and it can be harder to care when you haven't seen a set of characters in like half a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
With all this lock down time, I finally decided to go read through Scary Go Round since I only found John Allison when Bad Machinery started. It was fun to read it with some foreknowledge of how certain things end up, and it was nice to get some backstory on a lot of characters who only make occasional passing cameos in Bad Machinery.

also good lord Shelley Winters is somehow simultaneously the luckiest and unluckiest person alive.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Re: Sleepless Domain, y'all want some merch? The author posted this on Patreon.

(I asked her if it was alright to share outside Patreon, and got the okay.)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

morallyobjected posted:

With all this lock down time, I finally decided to go read through Scary Go Round since I only found John Allison when Bad Machinery started. It was fun to read it with some foreknowledge of how certain things end up, and it was nice to get some backstory on a lot of characters who only make occasional passing cameos in Bad Machinery.

also good lord Shelley Winters is somehow simultaneously the luckiest and unluckiest person alive.

Scary Go Round is excellent, and worth it just for The Boy and Esther plotline, but also everything other than plots involving self-insert Mary Sue Desmond Fishman.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
webcomics business adjacent, teepublic has started doing mask prints

so that's a thing now

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Other posted:

So here's a public post from John Allison's Patreon.

plus a bonus pic of Maggie and Des from Allison's Instagram

He has returned, in accordance with the prophecy.

Edit: Also, Allison's working on some new Destroy History! :toot:

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 28, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It got a little better once their PR guy finally convinced him to shut the gently caress up on Twitter, now his lovely views are his in private.

Gabe just retweeted the Killer Mike speech and was very approving of it. Yesterday's comic had Tycho claiming that Minecraft Dungeons is one of the best games ever if you have kids and I'm not expecting tomorrow's comic to be much different.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone who reads Dumbing of Age know what Amber's dad's plan was meant to accomplish? I checked out early into this arc when I realized what it was gonna be. Every week or so I look to see if it's over, but it just will not end.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Galvanik posted:

Does anyone who reads Dumbing of Age know what Amber's dad's plan was meant to accomplish? I checked out early into this arc when I realized what it was gonna be. Every week or so I look to see if it's over, but it just will not end.

It was pretty much just to gently caress over Amber.

It was not a very good plan because Blaine is not a very smart man, but there was every chance that he'd kill or maim >1 teenagers before he finally self-destructed.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Breaking: Powerup Comics is still the best active gaming comic

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1267793517121884170

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Do we know what body part Rafi's monster is supposed to be in Monster Pulse?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Malpais Legate posted:

Do we know what body part Rafi's monster is supposed to be in Monster Pulse?

My guess is the liver, but I suspect we're about to find out and I'll be wrong.

vvv: aha!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 4, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's the Liver, the author notes for the comic wehere it emerged said so
https://www.monster-pulse.com/comic/page-22-chapter-35

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Questionable Content is quite good today, and nicely done.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

habeasdorkus posted:

Questionable Content is quite good today, and nicely done.

Eh. I'd care more if I cared more, you know? I don't really connect with any of the QC characters' drama that much.
Well, maybe Roko. How dare they not share dog pics?!?!!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The pacing feels a little bit off, I think, especially given yesterday's followed almost the exact same beats, just in the opposite tone. Might have landed better if this kiss were actually in any way significant? It's not, really.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Double post because, in Never Satisfied news: I'm sure somebody called this, but it definitely wasn't me. :suspense:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

Double post because, in Never Satisfied news: I'm sure somebody called this, but it definitely wasn't me. :suspense:

https://www.neversatisfiedcomic.com/comic/chapter-10-page-22

A cougar and a vulture.

And also their familiars.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Also a two-faced snake. (and his familiar)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In a page full of smug, I appreciate that Something Pretentious manages to max out the smugness.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile:

1) The new artist on A Girl and Her Fed looks really quite good.

2) I appreciate that Hope is doing everything in her power to become the World's Coolest Mom now that she's First Lady, and that her children have retaliated by becoming as boring as they can manage.

3) Apparently she named them Thomas, Stomper, and Taro, which has to be some kind of reference but I have no idea to what.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tenebrais posted:

Also a two-faced snake. (and his familiar)

Hey, Seiji isn't anywhere on that page!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-20
sleepless domain is back, baby

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, yeah, she's about to get Sayaka-ed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Molly's been busy today with non-webcomic related stuff

https://twitter.com/MollyOstertag/status/1270165435191705600?s=20

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Monster Pulse ends its latest chapter with a hook up between... two characters who honestly kind of deserve each other, not going to lie.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Re: Sleepless Domain: I know Cassidy was a massive dick, but she doesn't deserve getting got by Goop. She's like 15, people are terrible at that age.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

habeasdorkus posted:

Re: Sleepless Domain: I know Cassidy was a massive dick, but she doesn't deserve getting got by Goop. She's like 15, people are terrible at that age.

:agreed:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, besides the catharsis for the readers, her kicking it wouldn’t do much of anyone any good.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think there'd even be reader catharsis: that was HP dunking on her

Cass getting taken out/gooped/whoevenknows will be terrible &maybe horrifying for everyone involved!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The 'maybe' is entirely superfluous.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Goops in gonna permanently split her halves and it’s gonna be super hosed up.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Julius CSAR posted:

Goops in gonna permanently split her halves and it’s gonna be super hosed up.

Goops will corrupt her clone and Cassidy will have to ask Undine for help fighting it.

This is how we get our dark magical girl!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Can’t wait for the Workout Squad to become a team in and of itself

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if cassidy like snips off a toe do you end up with an almost regular sized cassidy and a tiny little cassidy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

That "shadowy version of author" bit is too real

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Where are all the Queer Comics About A Bunch Of Gay Rats? They sound rad.

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 15, 2020

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
That is a quality comic in perfectly catching the essence of that moment where you consider all these different things you've never really put next to each other and gasp in realization as they suddenly snap together into a monolithic archetype.

I have 100% read the rat comic (or one of em, I'm not surprised there's more given that post) and can see it in my head but cannot for the life of me think of a name or any identifying characteristics other than "hipster animals bumming cigarettes off each other." Uncanny.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Isn't the protagonist in one of them actually a possum?