Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It's a good thing the next update will show up in my RSS reader even if I forget the comic exists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Congrats Evan

https://twitter.com/evandahm/status/1569340943622447105?t=629XwBJfGH-JgeqOyoAdUA&s=19

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Time to go read it!

And yeah, I just have a text file full of webcomic URLs, and a few times a year I go through it and binge any that have finished since last time I checked.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
greatly enjoyed following the adventures of The Fightin' Bean That Could, for 12 loving years.
thank you mr. dahm, i'll have another

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evan Dahm spent 12 years writing Vattu and I read it in a day. drat good though, well worth the wait. Much easier to differentiate between dog people when I'm not spending weeks between individual appearances.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
was not expecting that ending but it felt very fitting

Stupacabra
Nov 11, 2021

read Merry Hell
Hey folks. My comic is Merry Hell, and it is about two and a half years old. It's a sort of slice of life/drama/comedy/horny/demon summoning sort of business, with a fairly big cast. Someone used to post it in the webcomic thread on here, which I appreciated a lot. Cheers.

Here's a recent one:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Hey Stu I love the Dilcast

Stupacabra
Nov 11, 2021

read Merry Hell

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Hey Stu I love the Dilcast

Thanks! It is a really enjoyable thing to do. We've been variously unwell lately but hopefully we can record again soon.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Harpy Gee returned from its scheduled hiatus with a 7 page update to start off Chapter 6.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Everblue is updating again!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

isasphere posted:

Everblue is updating again!

Jesus Christ, what year is it? :stare:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
God the last few pages of Wilde Life have been hitting hard.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wittgen posted:

God the last few pages of Wilde Life have been hitting hard.

Yeah, Wilde Life is great, has been possibly my favorite running webcomic for a while now. Always excited to see it develop.

Here's a link to page 1, since it's another site where new visitors are normally confronted with the latest page, which will either confuse or spoil them.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

But what I came here to post is holy poo poo there's another epilogue for Octopus Pie. [note: nsfw]

It's drat surreal to get these post-finale stories. Since Gran has committed to having these characters age in real-time, and they're all the same age as me (and were all through the original 10-year run).

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 24, 2022

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I re-read John Allison's Bad Machinery and that dude is good at comics. Now to re-read all of Steeple and Giant Days. Really sad that Scary Go Round is no longer available online, I'd have very happily added that to the queue.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

habeasdorkus posted:

I re-read John Allison's Bad Machinery and that dude is good at comics. Now to re-read all of Steeple and Giant Days. Really sad that Scary Go Round is no longer available online, I'd have very happily added that to the queue.

You can buy pdfs of the collected Scary-Go-Round on Allison's Gumroad site. There pretty cheap and he also has some other one-shot comics he did over the years.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
More importantly, Gumroad seems to have added a cart function so you don't have to buy them all one at a time.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

The_Other posted:

You can buy pdfs of the collected Scary-Go-Round on Allison's Gumroad site. There pretty cheap and he also has some other one-shot comics he did over the years.

There's a very strong chance I just buy those all after I get done with my other rereads. I already own all of Giant Days and the printed Steeple comics.

e: Also, on his Patreon Q&A's he talks about how he thinks he's a worse artist than he was earlier in his life using pen and paper, but just watching the art evolution through Giant Days and the work he's been doing on Steeple it's clear that he's grown a lot as an artist.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 29, 2022

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Although, apropos of nothing, apparently Gumroad's cart function just sends individual charges to your card for every single item on your cart, resulting in the verification system freaking out.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Daughter of the Lilies is updating again. It went on a hiatus because the author got an animation job and couldn't put out her own stuff without legal issues with Disney. Well, Disney apparently dropped the show she was working on, so...

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Clown Corps has come back from hiatus too.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I am now caught up and will probably forget about it for a year again, not because it’s not good but because once a week comics take a while to lodge in my routine.

Similarly, Bybloemen is updating again.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

So, like, the mime is obviously Mustard's dead sister, right?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rand Brittain posted:

So, like, the mime is obviously Mustard's dead sister, right?

Yeah pretty much

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the pacing on this clown corps chapter has been wild. i feel like its been a fairly slow burn and then this chapter feels like we're immediately in the endgame

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Ditocoaf posted:

But what I came here to post is holy poo poo there's another epilogue for Octopus Pie. [note: nsfw]

It's drat surreal to get these post-finale stories. Since Gran has committed to having these characters age in real-time, and they're all the same age as me (and were all through the original 10-year run).

As usual this is incredible. The covid story was awesome but this is on another level

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
As someone who met up with a bunch of old friends years later at a wedding literally months ago, it really spoke to me

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah pretty much

It's even the same modus operandi they tried on McBell's failed recruitment, a car crash.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

studio mujahideen posted:

the pacing on this clown corps chapter has been wild. i feel like its been a fairly slow burn and then this chapter feels like we're immediately in the endgame

It's possible Joe wants to wrap it up soon. He's talked a lot about burnout, which is why he does his passion projects like Columbo Meets Frasier which was absolutely brilliant.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

studio mujahideen posted:

Which is telling me this is a takeout of some kind. Either this guy isn’t endgame, or the story we heard isn’t the real story.
…or if it’s the burnout thing, that’s kind of disappointing if it happens in the ‘no McBell on screen’ chapter.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
It seems part burnout and the hiatus but also that the story wasn't going to be terribly long.

https://twitter.com/joechoui/status/1419827836408541236

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Well beekeepers tale is apparently not happening. Bummer but not surprising

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Website says it's just on hold. Other than that being the death knell of wevcomics, has the author said anything else?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I don’t have any social media accounts with which to follow him, I was just going off the website statement. I hope he get to a better place.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I would like to file a complaint over the three words in the bottom right of this comic page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God, even when he’s doing something interesting with the setting, he still manages to do it in the most boring and jokey way possible.

“Ahaha the implications of my existence are existentially horrifying” is not a funny joke when you’re the one who created those implications, Jeph.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The formula demands that each page ends on a joke. That obviously clashes with any attempt at seriousness.

Though it would be funny if he mirrors the Culture series' treatment of mind states, where people basically send whole copies of themselves as interactive birthday cards. The recipient can have a fully conversation and then delete the mind state of their friend, and anyone who questions the morality of it gets the "oh, you're the first who has thought about that, Nerd" treatment. I found that actually pretty funny.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's not just there needing to be a joke at the end of each page, it's the tone of the jokes. Situational comedy punchlines are fine, they're QC's bread and butter, it's The Romcom Webcomic, but something really rubs me the wrong way about Jeph creating a setting with horrifying implications, acknowledging those implications, and then actively refusing to engage with them on anything but the most surface level.

You can't have it both ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I just think its funny he found a way to incorporate the slimegirl fetish.