Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On a lighter note, a bit of comic craft from Mary.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/910292944208449537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I’m beginning to suspect the correct answer is “gently caress both factions with a rusty spoon” because nether side, between a gaggle of paranoid facist child slavers and fae who have on more than one occasion made their disappointment in their faustian bargains being too utilitarian (and are also into child abductions but thats fae for you), sounds entirely great.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Inglonias posted:

I am currently reading through a thing called Space Boy that I am enjoying. Interesting concept, if nothing else. Feels a little like it's going around in circles though, but I'm only halfway through it.

Eh, I lost interest when it was clear that the author was going to drone on In intricate detail about Oliver's past when the core of the information (IE: There was a big todo in the space station he was in, he's apparently the only survivor and he's connecting to a robot somehow) was there and there was some interesting stuff with not-weyland-yutani being cockend central about to go down.

Not the first webtoon to do that ether, fuckin' Girls of the Wilds.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 4, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
In today's Sleepless Domain we learn that Zoe is a pure child and she doesn't deserve the bullshit that is almost certain to go down

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 6, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I can’t believe there was a time that I was reading sinfest regularly. Like it was hitting the skids pretty hard with the girl on a bike but this whole SaGa looks like he completely lost all of his facilities.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Lately?!

Man's a flipin' nutjob.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wanna say that escalated quickly but I did sort of read like two years worth of comics quickly.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If Tumblr is spoken of in the present tense as of this time next year I’ll be amazed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ok, that's actually pretty funny.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

she was selling "aged up" erotica of her characters on the side, which led to a minor shitstorm that had her surreptitiously trying to doxx the people who called her out on it. it was a mess all around

Was that part about her putting up a bounty for information on the people calling her out only for someone to slip her fake info and the use the money ($500 I think it was) to buy a really expensive Dio figurine true?

Cause that poo poo’s hilarious if it is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah, it's part of the reason I can only really stand to follow maybe 2 Webtoons. They're SUCH a chore to read. I like it when a comic very sparingly uses the technique for dramatic and/or emotional effect (Octopus Pie being the absolute best example) but when it's every single page it loses its appeal. It also makes them impossible (or at least difficult) to release in physical form.

That some webtoons have all the pacing of an ant pushing a brick in the middle of a black hole and a subset of that has some of the most unlikable protagonists I’ve had the misfortune to come across (seriously, I’m hoping the end of Unordinary is a meteor wiping the planet of super sociopaths the gently caress out) absolutely doesn’t help.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Freakin' finally, Sleepless Domain is starting to do something with Tessa's plot.

I thought the SD channel of Mary’s discord renaming itself to "It’s not the Voidfish." was pretty funny.

I mean Tessa is probably gonna finish circling that mental breakdown square of hers and/or become Goops' personal Psycho Ranger but we can at least have a sensible chuckle about it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 30, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think Goopy actually wants to make her into a dark magical girl, because that would be a pretty solid story option here.

Given Goops stated goal of destroying Undine mentality then literally, her using Tess like that makes more sense than simply showing up, going ‘dun murdered your friend’ and showing her the spoils given what happened the last time she tried that sort of stunt with HP.

On that point I hope we get more solid info on her beef soon.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

"For her neutral special, she wields guns"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

In other comic talk, I don't think I've heard anybody mention Devil's Candy before? It's been going on a while and has surprisingly high production values.

Man I remember when that featured in one of Tokyopop's Rising Stars of Manga GM's.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

I feel like a lot of folks somehow missed when Sinfest transitioned to 'extremely loud but poorly understood second-wave feminism.'

Yeah. Given the introduction of that one specific character was pretty much the exact moment the wheels came off it’s kinda hard to miss.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That being said, we might not even need Gear to show up for our recomended dose of Crazy Lady running around with a attempting to stab people hijinks if that last pannel was any indication.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

God, Cagle's so funny to listen to. I'm sorely tempted to binge the whole series of her and some dude ragging on moe garbage :allears:

Fair warning, you might be waiting for a bit for more after you finish up as Mary and Phoenix are going through the ongoing RWBY season right now.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Yeah, you don't have to know much about magical girl shows in general, but more specifically, it is extremely Madoka (the big magical girl genre deconstruction show about nine years ago). Hopefully, it stays more fun than Madoka.
They do. The medication helps. :v:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh god, it's setting in :psyduck:

Besides that she was stalking around HP and 'Dine before so even if this Kill La Kill moveset was totaly on the level there's still that to consider.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
In the Monster Pulse death watch we've reached the point of ether understanding or all hell breaking loose.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mikl posted:

Sleepless Domain: :frogsiren:

For the love of god, Undine, take the L.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think there’s a little more going on with Cassidy than rumormongering, since she’s intense enough to cut herself in half nightly. She’s probably got some kind of personal trauma backstory, since, y’know, she’s a magical girl in this setting.

Or maybe her lot is proportionaly light to how bonkers her power is. Who knows! :psyduck:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, there's been a thing where Mary exposited that there was a "secret bitch" (sic) in the midsts and the entire Discord Server is kinda in agreement that Cass is both her (regardless of who the secret bitch actauly is) and an idiot.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 1, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

I hope Udine doesn't even fight Cassidy, she just comes right out and lays it all down and then Cassidy will hopefully be like "Oh... holy poo poo." Also hopefully realizing that people with severe PTSD aren't always rational actors.

I kinda hope 'dine tells her to gently caress off and not even give her the satisfaction of a fight.
Granted the whole clone thing basicaly is a set up for Undine to snap and give Cassidy a swift kick in The Cheat (via Laser strength water pressure) without immediate consequence so that's probably what's gonna go down.

Edit: Oh and Mary's gone on record about Cassidy being the secret bitch, so :ms: there.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 2, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

rannum posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-14-page-27

Guess Cass's clones aren't super hardy

also laughing at going WRONG to someone saying they don't owe an explanation to someone they don't even know

The logical side of my brain totaly knows that Cass would be the perfect target to be killed or corrupted by Goops as part of the metaphorical part of her plan to destroy Undine.
The reptilian side of my brain wants her to hit the canvas so hard that she bounces for being such a loving idiotic brat.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think its more Cass isn't taking no for an answer.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

It probably goes without saying, but Cagle is also a fan of Madoka, though SD's brand of deeply hosed up is different

Your soul is curropted untill you become sort of ambomable monster that is only good for being put to the sword and having what is left moped up and sold to the "greater good"?
I dunno, dood, that sounds exactly like the japanese pop idol industry to me.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 13, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Everyone was calling for Cass' head (to varying degrees of severity) for being a massive bell end with some grand delusions of grandeur but now I just want her to just continue to be Bud's butt monkey as thats a far more tragic (and hilarious) punishment for her.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 15, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

I want Cass Redemption Arc actually, I think she's got a lot more potential than just 'that one jerk' and I want to see where that goes!

I'm cool with that but only after a long stint in the "being the Abridged Vegeta to Bud's Abridged Nappa" karma jail.

Unlucky7 posted:

That said, as mentioned before Mary Cagle is really good at this writing thing and I am just a rando so perhaps she can make a redemption arc work. We shall see!

I mean Kiwi Blitz is basically one massive redemptive arc for Steffi, so.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Feb 15, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

I mean, we also don’t know what Cass has been through. Maybe nothing! But I would assume given this comic that she has some kind of trauma motivating her, especially since she got this whole design and deal, and it would be a waste if she’s just there to be a jerk and get pwnt by Bud Lightyeet.

Mary's said on stream that whatever's motivating her is not trauma.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
My working theory is that monsters take something via contact from their victims and that makes them evolve; be it into "imperfect" beasts based on fears (We've seen animals, cartoon mascots and even bizzare poo poo like the MouthBurger) or "Perfect" sapiant humanoids like the The shivering child, who I think was in the corner like that because what it took of Kokoro's mom included her maternal instincts for Kokoro. or Goops, who took taking on the resentiment of magical girls / 'dine of her victim.

Not so much "Madoka" as more "Snatcher". These arn't the victims, they are mimicrys.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 16, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know what I like and what I like has Fin Funnels

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
To be fair TA was also jumped by the comic's equilvlant of a FOE being lead by a sentiant monster(?) who had it out for Undine if not all MGs.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I expect it but it will be through grinding teeth as plot cans getting kicked down the road is my #1 bugbear about webcomics given that "A few chapters" could mean a few years airtime.

Edit: Unless you mean like it's the end point of the chapter in which point fair game.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 20, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though the author is doing a really, really good job of presenting the case for a Cassidy/Fist interaction.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain - God, this is not going to end untill someone jumps this idiot and if there's a merciful god it'll be a monster / goops.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

IronSaber posted:

Oh man, the fuse has been lit and now we all have to take cover from the inevitable explosion.

Cass: "I AM A VICTIM! BLAH BLAH BL-"
*HP comes out of nowhere and sucker punches her*
*Smash Cut to End of Chapter Interlude and Guest Pages*

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The quietest dunk with the most destructive force.
I would expect no less from Kokoro.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You can’t let something like goops go. I understand she could easily turn into ‘dine’s white whale but if she lets this go (and, don’t get me wrong there is a compelling argument to do so) there’s no telling what goops might do to get her attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Course Goops might just make a shot at the Magical Girls that were palling around with her target (and Cass because, sure, why not cause some wonton destruction whilst your at it?) and force her hand in the matter.