Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
my comic is fun! thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Wrong way around. Sane people don't do webcomics.

can confirm

fun hater
May 24, 2009

nuclear meltdown in the webcomics thread

fun hater
May 24, 2009

incomprehensible, thank you

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ahahahah this rules

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Does anyone know what, exactly, Hiveworks does? They say they're a webcomic-focused comics publisher, but they don't seem to be like the old comics collectives at all, and they support comics I know have had to go to Kickstarter when they went to print, like Let's Speak English. Do they just pay for website hosting???

they have an about page that kind of describes what they do. i pay for my domain name and they provide the layout, the backend tools, and hosting. they also manage my advertising, any kickstarters i would want to run and host/run the merch store. they're great and i owe them my life for taking a huge chunk of my job off my hands
e: while maintaining the rights to my own work lol!! which is very important

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the old ceremony posted:

i am joining hiveworks

ill put in a good word

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the old ceremony posted:

thank you, friend

my webcomic is about the brutality of the white race, and the need for regime change in america, through violence if necessary, that is to say the shooting of donald j trump resulting in his death

are there cute boys

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Fangz posted:

Really. Okay, put your hands up if you are in the list of 'goon made comics' in the OP and you still read this thread.

are you THE zen pencils

fun hater
May 24, 2009

this patreon thing is really chapping my butt.

FunkyAl posted:

look, i think my problem with the internet is more existential and stress related than anything. but i do also think that because it is a currently effective tool for gaining attention people overlook that it's at its core an ad, and ads have been around forever! they're still around even! and its funny you should say that bc i have actually been considering doing ads in france lmao. they seem like they like cartoon animal comics, like the comic duck comics dot world, over there! or does anyone know a good french publisher?

and computers give me a headache! don't they give you a headache? it's easier and better to read them on paper i think. its nicer to not look at things that are scalding your eyes out. thats all im saying on this i think. i'm not tryin to offend any livelihoods, i'm just saying its flawed and it kould be better. and it seems like web channels are closing up so its a good time 2 vamoose!!! imho

this is a wee bit apocalyptic

fun hater fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 10, 2017

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i like the elongated chicken on the ground.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the new backgrounds are very good imo

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Doomsday, My Dear is a webcomic that began long before the horrible reality we live in today hardly ever seemed possible and features questionable british politicians reacting to a plague outbreak with opportunistic gusto and their victims.

e: the new backgrounds makes the comic have the aesthetic feel of a retro cel animated cartoon in a really good way.

Tollymain posted:

also gonna say that A Ghost Story has been p consistently on fire lately, idk why i haven't been hearing about it here

thanks, i was going to post here when this chapter ended and then try to shill myself extensively and shamelessly

fun hater fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 17, 2018

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Tollymain posted:

i shill ur comic to my roommate constantly

i was wondering who my other reader was

fun hater
May 24, 2009

audrey redpath failed to pay out bonuses and comp copies of books for an anthology kickstarter she headed for years, worked at hiveworks and did her job so badly and so carelessly most of us thought we were being treated this way deliberately and exclusively, threatened to take away jobs from comics artists dropping big name indie artists she worked with for leverage, then got hired at kickstarter as "comics outreach" despite seemingly having floated through life having accomplished nothing at her actual jobs. they are not good.
e: the locked twitter is because their apology did not include the words "im sorry" anywhere and claimed she lost her job due to a a mass of coordinated jealous, angry comic artists working together to destroy her and imply her sexuality is fake.

having experienced audrey personally, and the sheer number of people coming out to tell their stories of how audrey screwed them over. well.

fun hater fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 22, 2018

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

:catstare: Are they still working at kickstarter then???

ahaha no they got fired. a blessing in these cold times.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

Huh, I had no idea there were problems with her. I backed Oath and got it in December of 2016, though there are some 'didn't get my stuff' comments on Kickstarter, there's not too many.
Was it Oath she's screwed creators over?

thats the one.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Ugh, seeing that title again reminded me of that one dude who rolled into the minecraft thread here forever ago and casually started talking about his fairy torture fanfics and was confused why everybody kept calling him a hosed up weirdo

oh this is why everyone was asking me about his guy again

boy let me tell you guys abut the smurfs

fun hater
May 24, 2009

wow ive released a full browser game for my webcomic, a visual novel/dating sim with crafting and shogi. check it out

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You missed some easy clicks by not calling it Ghosty Ghosty Literature Club.

almost went with ouran highschool ghost club but i thought it was too on the nose

fun hater
May 24, 2009

hi my webcomic ended the last story arc it was on
you can read from the start of this one here it probably reads better in one sitting but im too afraid to check. thanks for reading

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the effect of courting 4chan as your primary audience is that they are dreadful in every concievable way

fun hater
May 24, 2009

those are em carrolls comics! http://emcarroll.com

fun hater
May 24, 2009

this broken hill posted:

is patreon still a thing

hell yeah it is babey

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Tollymain posted:

the last couple pages of a ghost story that went up on patreon are like

the distilled essence of clusterfuck

it owns

i am very excited for my stupid webcomic about morons making bad choices to get worse now that more, equally stupid people have been introduced. also it comes back on june 30th, goons. please read it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

my webcomics about stupid people who deal with ghosts for a living and the ghosts who hate them is back after a hiatus and dumber than ever!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i would also love to read that story but instead its someone who gets rejected from like, a skull and bones society but with magic and makes it their mission to ruin their club meetings every week out of petty revenge

e: actually dibs

fun hater
May 24, 2009

from now on everyone has to write a tale of petty revenge gone terribly wrong, for my sake

fun hater
May 24, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Also RIP MGDMT. It's been three months without an update, and I don't care enough to dig through her Twitter to see what she's said about it.

she's working storyboards for cartoon network so webcomics have been pushed to the sidelines for now.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Tollymain posted:

looks like its time to check up on undivine again

for reliably updating good comics, i recommend never satisfied, wilde life, a ghost story, widdershins, uh, hm

new nancy should count as a webcomic.
http://astralaves.com/ is back to updating again too!! webcomics are okay sometimes

fun hater
May 24, 2009

people who report avshaloms posts should be autobanned

avshalom justice project

fun hater
May 24, 2009

everyone shut up, the important thing is we get the mods who keep banning avshalom defrocked or whatever the term is

e: also i guess read a webcomic or whatever, gently caress

fun hater
May 24, 2009

read my webcomic you shitheads. mommas gotta eat

fun hater
May 24, 2009

bad list

fun hater
May 24, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

I think andrew hussie should give josh lesnick like one or ten thousand dollars for paying for all that adspace for all those years. can someone calculate exactly how much slipshine adspace paid for mspa? thirty thousand dollars.

uhhh. no

fun hater
May 24, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

How come we all know so much about a strangers prolonged alcoholic breakdown and talk about the resultant "intercommunal" drama it like its the webcomics we portend to read

Ay josh lesnick if youre reading this thread let me know if you would like me to send you a video game for christmas, and what console it needs to be compatible with

why do you want to be friends so bad with the guy who screams drunken abuse at women via facebook and twitter blaming them for his lovely life. you act like its weird we know this but its because women talk about it and warn each other. what happened to your loving brain. can you get a grip on whatever is causing you to behave like this.

fun hater fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 29, 2018

fun hater
May 24, 2009

josh was also pretending to be a woman naked jackie and making another webcomic, the subject being "how do i make people pay attention to me again" as some sort of attempt at meta commentary on the comics community being too crowded. he set up a twitter account for "jackie" and everything, retweeting her new comics to his account until people found out it was him and he posted that it was all a "persona" he was doing. lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

for my personal inevitable meltdown, im thinking of stealing other webcomics artists blood while they sleep so i can bathe in it and maintain my youth

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Kojiro posted:

Oh heck yeah, heard too much about people dying at 50 after working on manga on 3 hours sleep a night to gently caress up in that particular manner :v:

this is my retirement plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isn't Hiveworks basically a webring?

hiveworks only hosts comics they choose to host, its not a open host like smackjeeves et al