Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

I love wasting two hours on a stupid loving flash that slows to a halt and eventually crashes Firefox on Kazerad's "cool" and "epic" screen lengthening effect in the cave beneath the mage's guild

In fact the only thing I love more is not being able to get back to that point because the trigger at the start that magically opens the previously-locked guardhouse for no reason requires that you check every loving pointless thing in town and won't trigger again on repeated tries even when I check the exact same objects and doors I did the first time

If you spent this long on this flash Kaz you could have at least made it not crash browsers, or at the very loving least let me get back to the point where it crashes without wasting time pixel hunting for your arbitrary event triggers, thanks buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

That was supposed to be a burn I bet but it's actually sound advice from one perspective.

"Changing to a new medium will bring people who will tell you exactly how you suck at that medium". Not as a good or bad thing, just a matter of fact.

Or I could be reading too much into a shitpost.

It's not even that I was telling Kaz he sucks at making games, I was telling him I couldn't finish the loving update and see the story because his magnum opus flash is coded and designed like poo poo

I'd love to see if Katia succeeds, but no way in hell am I wasting another hour to get there only to have my browser crash again

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure I see the distinction.

The distinction is that not only is he bad at making games, he's worse at telling a story, because there are members of his audience who waited a year to see the next part of the story who now can't cuz the game that shows it is broken

So yea fair point