Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Tenebrais posted:

So All Night Laundry has finished! Some epilogues are coming but they won't be daily updates. I hope they're good, I think this needs more denouement. And I still have a lot of questions about Three.

Thank you to whoever first mentioned it here recently. I caught up yesterday, a really good read. But there is one question that has been bothering me, and none of the characters have asked it.

The botfly grants wishes, in a twisted, monkey paw style. Josephine wanted to be a famous scientist, and she got something that was sciencelike but basically magic. Gregor wanted Piotyr back, and got The Hound. Amie wanted to be in a Doctor Who episode, and became a side character. And maybe Bina wanted to be able to change her past and her life, but got horrible brain melting time travel.

But did Kendra have a wish? She had as much or more exposure to unlight as Amie. Is it that she did not have any wish that the botfly could twist for more followers or power? It just feels like they spent so long talking about Amie and Bina and what the botfly was doing to/for them, and no one ever thought to ask about Kendra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Glagha posted:

I suddenly remember the day they ran the comic with the eyefucking joke and all around was a resounding cry of "What the gently caress Oglaf?"

I remember the reaction to this one, but could not remember the comic or any of the details. So I decided to go back through the archive and find it, despite my brain clearly wiping it from my memory to protect me. So, again:

Glagha posted:

"What the gently caress Oglaf?"

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Speaking of webcomics that this thread is normally not very fond of, XKCD's recent run of covid19 comics have been weirdly comforting.

Many of them have been comforting, but going back and re-reading this one about viruses complaining about humans gaining resistance isn't so comforting anymore.

Also, the memorial comic for John Conway was really good. That frickin' glider.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Twibbit posted:

You had me expecting so much worse

Yeah, this didn't even register on my unsettling scale, not from a webcomic that had the eye-loving comic.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Yeah, I'm usually willing to indulge the Foglios when they want to do the silly side stories, but this one feels particularly egregious. No clue who this werewolf guy is, Krosp is meh, I am really, really hoping Monday's comic is someone (Othar, Agatha, anyone) pulling them out and berating them for trying to steal the spotlight. Someone did point out that the page numbering at the bottom lists this as part of volume 24, instead of a separate side story, so there is hope.