Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mods please tell us how lowtax's next visit from the secret service goes tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

If you had to have three Shelly-like half-sisters, you'd be a bit stressed out too. Shelly flits through life like a butterfly whose wing flaps cause horrible tornadoes of problems for everyone but her.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the guy was introduced trying to pitch his glow-in-the-dark duck

I find it necessary to point out that glow-in-the-dark bunny rabbits are a real thing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Isn't money money, why poopoo guys who have lots of small donations

Because they've taken in way too much capital relative to their revenue, which actually means that they've sold their company for more than it's worth to aggressive investors who are now handing down directives of "grow faster, now, or we'll find someone who can."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Zeeman posted:

It's for her stepsister

Half-sister, even. That's what makes her really mad.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

e: never mind i was beaten

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

plainswalker75 posted:

Lol, that garbage is what Jeph gives his patreon subscribers? How the hell does he make so much drat money?

On the internet, just like everywhere else, the worst people have all the money.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

That's being overly harsh. Jeph is hardly the worst- not by a long shot.

At worst, he is like, the Denny's of webcomics. And I mean that as no insult. For most it's perfectly serviceable but never exactly push the format forward.

Also Mods please change my name to The Denny's of Webcomics.

I'm sorry, I should have been clear instead of trying to be pithy. Jeph is fine, but it's the people donating money for this stuff who are the worst people.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Personally, Penny Arcade is just fine. I get a chuckle and move on with my day, or I don't and move on with my day.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

In an era where there are monthly swap meets for people who don't want to pay full price for skiis, you can find somebody to trade actual magical spells with.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

nimby posted:

They have as good as limitless energy and nano-bots that give actual immortality.

It looks like it not just revisiting it, but retelling the flashback!

Schlock Mercenary's three shortages are PTUs (which are used to make powerplants), data, and developed habitable space. Most of the conflicts in the story are related to the first two.

Schlock's not the biggest standout in either art or writing but it's still relatively clever and engaging enough to keep me glancing at a daily strip in the morning. Besides, I've been reading this thing since I was like fifteen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Seriously, what incredibly twee rock have the AV Club people been living under not to put ksbd on that list?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Tollymain posted:

k6bd is about power and also agency

but also gratuitous violence and horniness

And sick-rear end Kung Fu fights

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I don't remember either of these characters but I always get a chuckle out of how ridiculously hard smoke knights are to put down and how much it annoys everyone else.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah, we know GG is a time travel story and also a story about personal identity. Agatha going back in time and stopping her mother from turning into history's greatest evil would be her biggest possible win.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The small scale mercenary unit having a big impact is kind of the point of Schlock. Hijacking the dark matter body gear on the ship let them engage the bad guys in a novel way they hadn't even considered possible and in a way that Schlock was very experienced at, and their Andromeda side operation was just more of what the Toughs were already good at - hitting a small important target, taking it over, and using it to do something big. They won because the Paan'uri were pretty smart, but weren't really that good at warfare. One of them panicked and logged into the compromised network with admin credentials and that was that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

drat all fool men, who spend their days wondering if they could, and not if they should.