Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Rand Brittain posted:

Was it idonotlikepeas who made the big list, or does it stretch even further back through history?

Perhaps the list of good webcomics has always existing, waiting since the dawn of life on this planet for the internet to be created and for the links it contained to finally go hot.

Pick made the first version. I updated it for the first thread I did, and then assiduously maintained it for... maybe a couple of months? Then I got lazy and stopped. Same thing happened when I rebooted the thread. I think that's basically how these things work. New thread is a good occasion to freshen the list up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

FunkyAl posted:

e: also your website and comics will be less likely to die when venture capital runs out and google and amazon realize they are suspended in midair over the grand canyon and the effects of gravity begin to take place, so to speak

Amazon's cloud services make them ridiculously big money. That whole "store" thing they've been loving around with since 1994 is the real boondoggle. They're a weird case, though, because as soon as they notice they're making a profit, they figure out some new insane scheme to invest in to eliminate it. Google has tried to do the same thing, but they make so drat much money that they haven't been able to cancel it all out no matter what stupid thing they try.

Twitter, though, they've been tapdancing on the edge of the abyss pretty much since they opened. So, yeah, if you want your comic to be around for the long haul, you've got a lot better options than that.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

GPF was one of the earliest comics that I read on the Internet. I think I dropped off it when it turned out most of the characters were fundamentalist Christians or whatever that was.